Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sick of waiting. They have 4.3 out already so what's the hold up. Why oh ... Smartphone News forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

Sick of waiting. They have 4.3 out already so what's the hold up. Why oh why do RIM take so long to get up to speed.

Mmmmmm iphone is out here on Friday, now that's how sick I am of waiting.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I guess I'm confused. Why is video recording such a nice feature? For that matter, what makes the camera such a nice feature?

To me, picture quality out of a cell phone is lousy at best so I guess I see cameras as a feature in a real pinch, but otherwise, they are pretty useless. I'd really hate to rely on one for movies...

I'm more concerned with upgrades dealing with stability and usability -- not related to media features...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok.so all these features are only for BES? And as far as reliable blackberry,I'm getting a 3rd replacement.I'm ready for a nokia 96.n do BIS users ever get anything?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelzrage View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok.so all these features are only for BES? And as far as reliable blackberry,I'm getting a 3rd replacement.I'm ready for a nokia 96.n do BIS users ever get anything?
    It's not just for BES users. The video recording ability will be for everyone as will the video streaming (youtube, etc...). Granted, I'm not sure we know the exact feature list, but there should be marked improvements for all users.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just curious...How do you download a new OS? I have a Curve 8320 using 4.2.2.180 with T-Mobile. I thought you could get this information from your provider website. However, I went there and I did not see this option.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Click on the OS Upgrade link in my signature for detailed directions.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Thanks MJ!

satanux no está en línea Stack level 1
    OMG! This is my first sticky! I'm so happy! Thanks!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I guess I'm confused. Why is video recording such a nice feature? For that matter, what makes the camera such a nice feature?

To me, picture quality out of a cell phone is lousy at best so I guess I see cameras as a feature in a real pinch, but otherwise, they are pretty useless. I'd really hate to rely on one for movies...

I'm more concerned with upgrades dealing with stability and usability -- not related to media features...
    Because alot of us are used to having cheaper quality phones that can record video. It makes no sense to have a $500 phone that can't do that. Also, there are those of us that have children who would love to do things such as record first steps or silly songs to send to another parent who isn't there at the moment. Why should I have a $500 phone that is touted as the "best thing ever" that can't do something that a simple FREE phone can do?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You will be able to record video with the Curve. You just have to be patient, it will be realeased soon. When you bought the phone you knew that it wasn't able to record video. A blackberry can do soo much more then record video and that is why it's so expensive.
    ~Lauren

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hope its soon I wanna play with the new os already

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah, this gonna be like having a new phone again......oh, man think of the addiction that will occur....AGAIN :-)

bmac2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318bad04
    It would be good to know also b4 I drop $30 on an html email proggie. Just my luck I'll buy it and then it will be released and be in the release.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Because alot of us are used to having cheaper quality phones that can record video. It makes no sense to have a $500 phone that can't do that. Also, there are those of us that have children who would love to do things such as record first steps or silly songs to send to another parent who isn't there at the moment. Why should I have a $500 phone that is touted as the "best thing ever" that can't do something that a simple FREE phone can do?
    I think this is user misconception -- not lacking features.

The BB line of phones was not touted as "the best thing ever". It was/is touted as the best business class device. Where many of us work, having a camera isn't allowed in many areas and video is just an extra feature we'll never use.

You said it yourself (emphasis added). "Because a lot of us are used to having cheaper quality phones that can record video." You paid for a quality device instead of having all the bells and whistles. What it does, it does very very well.

My point is simple. If you're upset about paying $500 for a cell phone that doesn't record video, get a free phone (that can record video) and put the $500 toward a camcorder. The videos will be far better but I'll bet the push e-mail won't work so well...

Plus, I'm guessing you didn't actually spend a full $500 on the phone. I spent less than $100 on the Pearl when it just came out and I just picked up a Curve direct from AT&T for $50 that should get here tomorrow. For those prices, I think I'm getting a great deal and a lot of features.

The upgraded OS will be great, but I look at it as a bonus. I'd just rather RIM works out the bugs before releasing. I don't want to loose the reliability just for new features I won't use.
    Last edited by mjwood0; 03-12-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling, etc...
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    You will be able to record video with the Curve. You just have to be patient, it will be realeased soon. When you bought the phone you knew that it wasn't able to record video. A blackberry can do soo much more then record video and that is why it's so expensive.
    Very well said.

It's funny. When the Curve came out, everyone was going nuts saying it was the best device they had used. It hasn't lost features -- therefore, perceptions are the only thing that changed.

What worked great 6 months ago still works great!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast