Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i work for cingular in los angeles and my experience is that ptt is pretty ... Smartphone News forum

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Re: Confirmation of Push-to-Talk for BB's

Advertisement

i work for cingular in los angeles and my experience is that ptt is pretty good but its just needs a push for more people to jump on the band wagon. The biggest resistance i have is that people tell me that i already have mobile to mobile so why would i need push to talk. I tell them that is just another form of communication and for some people it works and others it dont. Take it or leave it . . . . . i really dont know how i would like the ptt feature on my bb personally
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would use it on my blackberry if I knew enough people that had it. People won't hey it because people don't have it, but people won't have it unless more people hey it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    PTT on CDMA is not that bad. It has been manipulated since its release and is doing pretty good. Wont ever compare to iDEN though. Biggest thing about the CDMA PTT is you will not have 2 numbers like iDEN, only 1. Sprint has come from 13 seconds delays to only 4-8 seconds. Im not positive about Cingular BB's getting the PTT, but it should be good for you guys.
    Does the Sprint version of the 7130e offer PTT? Just curious.

Mumbles no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DA34EC

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    i work for cingular in los angeles and my experience is that ptt is pretty good but its just needs a push for more people to jump on the band wagon. The biggest resistance i have is that people tell me that i already have mobile to mobile so why would i need push to talk. I tell them that is just another form of communication and for some people it works and others it dont. Take it or leave it . . . . . i really dont know how i would like the ptt feature on my bb personally
    I work for a local government in the fire department. All of our public safety agencies were on Southern Linc as a two way commo between each other. We then went to Verizon for their push to talk...it sucked! We are now with Cingular, as they have better coverage...in my opinion...I have added the PTT to my personal phone and have the BB for dept issued cell. We love the PTT feature in public safety, as it affords us the opportunity to talk to one or a group!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12