Dell Inc plans to launch a smartphone with Google's Android mobile software on carrier AT&T's ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Computer giant Dell plans first U.S. smartphone with AT&T

Advertisement

Dell Inc plans to launch a smartphone with Google's Android mobile software on carrier AT&T's network, a source said, marking the PC maker's first foray into a cut-throat U.S. cellphone arena.

Dell will become the latest tech manufacturer to try and establish a footprint in a fast-growing market dominated by Apple and Research in Motion. Its planned phone would also give a boost to Google's fledgling mobile platform, which vies with Apple's and Microsoft's platforms.

A source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters Dell plans to introduce a U.S. version of its "oPhone" for China -- which runs on Android -- and that the device had been certified by AT&T for its domestic network.

Source: Reuters.com

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    LOL @ oPhone. Am surprised there isn't a Microsoft phone coming out. xPhone?

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lol the ophone is actually really dope they have pictures of it on here some were,I think its running the snap dragon processer thing looks solid I had been talkin to a buddy at att about gettin one I'm kinda excited,cause that "bold 2" is not a bold but a glorified tour to be,now the dakota on the other hand should be the bold2 so check out the ophone before u start crakin jokes on it lol!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ophone or oh no they didn't phone? I give it two paws down and a sarcastic laugh
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?