Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Had this on my tungste E2. Loved it can't wait for it for the BB. ... Smartphone News forum

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

Re: Comming soon: DocumentsToGo For BlackBerry

Advertisement

Had this on my tungste E2. Loved it can't wait for it for the BB. $30- $40 sounds about right, that's about what it costs for the Palm apps. And I would expect it to store direcrtly on your device
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nuopus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2406A5FB

Quote Originally Posted by eviljonny
    Has anyone actually researched this application? I have been unable to contact anyone with the right answers. Does it cache docs on a third party server like E Office does? If so then it is a joke of an app. I dont know about you, but at my company we think it is a bad idea to allow outside entities access to our docs. Of course there is always the cost prohibitive option of buying your own E Office server. LOL. Please tell me that the docs are stored, edited and pushed out only from the device. If so, then I am in. If not, then I am not suprised.
    I have DocumentsToGo for my Treo 650. The PocketPC version is similar I believe ... they don't cache documents to a remote server. It has always been a strictly "on the device" piece of software. I don't see why they would change it up just because of the BlackBerry platform. Mainly because aside from the cost in supporting other platforms, they will also have to incur the EXTRA cost of providing the servers to keep your content for just ONE of their platforms? Doesn't make much sense.

nuopus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2406A5FB

Quote Originally Posted by scollin
    Question? Wait for Docs to Go to load onto Verizon 8830 or go with BeamBerry which has been out since January and is free? I'm a BB newbie so looking to you for what you do.

Anyone know how you can store docs on the 8830 mem. card? Seems that the media card will only accept, music, photos, videos and ringtones. What about adding applications and documents to the storage card?

Cheers, Steve
    No it doesn't. I use my BB sometimes to store files I want to transfer to my work computer. I use it like a USB drive all the time to put documents and zips on it. This is different that BeamBerry because it is a full office suite for PDAs. I had it for my Treo 650, and I could write a new Word compatible document, excel compatible spreadsheet, and powerpoint compatible presentation on the device itself WITHOUT the need for extra servers.

The card on your BB is a standard card with a standard file system that can be used to store any file. The thing is, on the BB there is no file manager and the only apps that can see the files is the media app. When you install DocsToGo however, there is absoutely no reason that software could not use the same card to store documents.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by eviljonny
    Has anyone actually researched this application? I have been unable to contact anyone with the right answers. Does it cache docs on a third party server like E Office does? If so then it is a joke of an app. I dont know about you, but at my company we think it is a bad idea to allow outside entities access to our docs. Of course there is always the cost prohibitive option of buying your own E Office server. LOL. Please tell me that the docs are stored, edited and pushed out only from the device. If so, then I am in. If not, then I am not suprised.
    I haven't used Docs to Go for several years (3 Pocket PC based PDAs ago) but back then it stored them directly on the PDA. I assume this is the same on the BB.

And I assume that if it didn't work with them from the Media Card, you could use the explore function in the Media App to move the one you want to edit into the Device memory

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

this app would be sweet
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

This is hot! I too was a DocToGo user when I had my previous PDA's (countless numbers) and would jump at the opportunity to purchase for my berry!

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

$29.99 is the price for DocsToGo standard edition for palmOS so i'm guessing the $30 tag for BBerry would be reasonable as well. SWEET!

fahad no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    252D20E6

Can't wait for it to be launched. it would be a wonderful addition for BB users.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Cannt wait.
    And at $30 they will see a lot

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

This will be good. I had this on an old palm years ago.

I'm buying it definitely.

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by nuopus
    I have DocumentsToGo for my Treo 650. The PocketPC version is similar I believe ... they don't cache documents to a remote server. It has always been a strictly "on the device" piece of software. I don't see why they would change it up just because of the BlackBerry platform. Mainly because aside from the cost in supporting other platforms, they will also have to incur the EXTRA cost of providing the servers to keep your content for just ONE of their platforms? Doesn't make much sense.
    Thanks for the info. And you are right, it doesn't make much sense but this is excatly what E Office does. I started laughing on the phone when the E Office rep told me how their service works. Well, I am going to give DocsToGo a try and hopefully it will live up to all the hype.

peitron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23918E08

I've had this app on all of my Palm pda since 2000. Love it. One of the few reasons I still use my TX. Hope RIM bundles a standard version on future smartphones! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It's been said before "I love this program". I have it on my palm and it's a must have item. Works true with exel, word and powerpoint and syncing is easy.

This will make bb a little more appealing in the future =) (how much more appealing can bb's get)

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by scollin
    Question? Wait for Docs to Go to load onto Verizon 8830 or go with BeamBerry which has been out since January and is free? I'm a BB newbie so looking to you for what you do.

Anyone know how you can store docs on the 8830 mem. card? Seems that the media card will only accept, music, photos, videos and ringtones. What about adding applications and documents to the storage card?

Cheers, Steve
    Just FYI....this program has been out for years. It's just new to bb's. You'll be suprised with the look and feel of the program.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you will love this app. I had it on my Treo 650 and loved it. It is the one app which will complete my BB experience. Way to go, Dataviz!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast