Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sling Media has confirmed that it is working on a version of its software for ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Comfirmed: Slingbox coming to BlackBerry!

Advertisement

Sling Media has confirmed that it is working on a version of its software for the BlackBerry OS.

"We are working with BlackBerry to develop a software application at the moment," Stuart Collingwood, VP of Europe for Sling Media told Pocket-lint.

Blackberry users continue to crave this type of application. In past there's been similar buzz but nothing that truly filled the void. We hope that Sling' for BlackBerry will land between our thumbs very soon...

SlingPlayer Mobile lets you watch your TV and all of its programming on Windows Mobile and Palm OS cell phones or PDAs. This means you can have otherworldly mobility - or should we say, worldly mobility.

Intuitive SlingPlayer Interface
    Just like the desktop version, SlingPlayer Mobile is easy to use, with features accessible through an intuitive touch-screen or navigational interface. Intuition of this magnitude is enough to make a psychic salivate.

Full Screen & Full Control
    Watch full-screen video on mobile devices with rectangular displays (320x240 or 640x480 resolution) in "landscape" mode with rotation ability. SlingPlayer Mobile also allows you to control your programming just as you would on your regular TV through full menus and familiar icons.

Favorites & Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can create shortcuts to your favorite channels and remote control buttons. You can also customize different shortcuts for each device you hook up to your Slingbox, whether its a TiVo DVR, satellite receiver, DVD player or any other device with on-screen guides or navigation. For devices with QWERTY keyboards, remote control functions are mapped to corresponding keys for for quick one-click access.

Flexible Viewing Options
    Discover multiple ways to watch your Slingbox. Audio-only Mode comes in handy if you want to listen to the news or a sports game in a low-bandwidth environment. You can quickly swtich from your DVR to your DVD, or any other input device hooked up to Slingbox anytime. And you can even adjust video display size or aspect ratio.

Internet Connection Support
    SlingPlayer Mobile supports any type of Internet connection on your mobile device, including 3G cellular services such as EV-DO or UMTS, Wi-Fi USB or Bluetooth-based connections. There are no additional monthly fees or recurring charges for the use of SlingPlayer Mobile.

No word as yet as to when Slingbox will be available.

cashboi68 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Comfirmed: Slingbox coming to BlackBerry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hopefully soon. Sounds interesting.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

This would be a great addition to the Blackberry phones.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Will this give us the iPhone capabilities like You Tube...or is this another Tiny Tube thing?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC

Sounds good can't wait to try it out...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doxaso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F6392D

It appears to be very useful. I wonder if they would have a beta version or a 30 day trial. Thanks Hayden for the heads up. :-)

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Will this give us the iPhone capabilities like You Tube...or is this another Tiny Tube thing?
    if your not too familair with slingbox, it gives you the opportunity to watch and control any video soruces you have connected the slingbox to at home, be it your cable box,dvd player, vcr, tivo etc.
    So you can watch live tv, or play a dvd etc... and this is all done online via any pc that can connect to the internet with the installed software.
    Or via your cellphone with the supplied mobile client.

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2

This is great news coming from Sling! I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for the heads up hayden!

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

if a Slingbox came out for Blackberry, presumably for the Curve, that would definitely get me to switch from the Pearl to the Curve

Please hurry with that Slingbox

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

This will be Sweeeeeet!!! Thanks Hayden.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Huh? Where did you get that? Lol

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Slingbox is sweet... one of the only things I miss about my Treo days -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Todd---the fact that I had no clue what this progran was.

LOL...sounds cool, but I dont wannt buy something else for the house! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

Interesting. I ran the trial on my old verizon PPC phone under EVDO. On the verizon "1x" network it wasn't really usable. I'm curious how or if it will work on slower networks like EDGE. Possibly audio only?

Note in the release they are only talking about 3G and WiFi. I'm guessing that video and audio will only be really viable for WiFi enabled berrys.

After the trial I didn't end up buying the mobile client as I just didn't use it that much on the phone.

On my laptop with a decent connection slingplayer is extremely good. If you travel at all and want to watch/control your DVR from the hotel or wherever it's a really nice application.

jikozi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5

that would be awesome! i picked up a slingbox pro recently and was all happy about it. then i read that it does not support the blackberry and was so crushed i didnt even hook it up yet. this is great news!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast