Yesterday, cable behemoth, Comcast, announced plans to make its emerging On Demand Online service available ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Comcast plans to bring TV shows to your phone

Advertisement

Yesterday, cable behemoth, Comcast, announced plans to make its emerging On Demand Online service available to cable subscribers on their mobile devices in the near future.

At first glance, this news seems a bit odd. However, Comcast has recently begun to offer consumers wireless Internet access in select areas across the country as a result of its partnership with WiMAX provider, Clearwire. Thus, porting On Demand Online to the mobilesphere actually makes a lot of sense for the cable giant.

“I can envision sometimes in the future (On Demand Online) having a wireless component,” Comcast Chief Financial Officer Michael Angelakis said at the Goldman Sachs Communicopia conference.

Comcast is also considering re-entering the mobile space by adding a voice component to its Clearwire-based wireless Web service. Between the possibility of providing wireless voice services and access to On Demand content on-the-go, Comcast has clearly caught the mobile bug. Now (my usual closing re: Comcast), how about working on your customer support and lowering prices in the meantime, huh big C?

Source: Rueters

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree on you last comment - I have had such aggravation with Comcast (went thru 4 cable boxes in a month! and they charged me for the visits!) I'm actually getting ready to move and when I do will be getting a dish to save $ and not have to deal with them anymore. Over $100 for standard digital cable and basic internet is ridiculous

The idea may be a nice thought on their part- but its nothing new. Smartphone users have had access to TV programming using different apps for awhile now depending on what phone and carrier they use. This just seems like Comcast trying to get their grubby mitts into another venue to make money, where they wont fully support the customer, and overcharge AGAIN.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    3 things to consider:

1. NO!
    2. Comcast sucks!
    3. They can bite me!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahahaha

So..... How do you really feel?

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Hahahaha

So..... How do you really feel?
    I love them!

Love to fry them.
    Love to shoot them.
    Love to......
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have Directv so not sure about comcast, but I like the idea of mobile on demand movie ordering....its kinda like picking up a movie on the way home at Redbox.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC63) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Comecast are thieves. the amount of money you pay for there service you can better offer plus better channels and picture quality with Direct TV and Dish network.

Besides, Direct tv offers mobile tv, plus you can watch shows on your computer through the web.

I am in a new place. I am fighting the association to allow me to set a dish on the roof cause i refuse to go with comcast or Att.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........