View Poll Results: Should BlackBerry users be compensated for usage outside work hours?

Voters
609. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

447 73.40%
  • No

162 26.60%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your personal use of the BB is the company's cost for being able to get ... Smartphone News forum

Raztax no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Your personal use of the BB is the company's cost for being able to get in touch with you 24/7. If you are required to answer emails etc while not at work, then you should certainly be compensated for it, no question about it.

When I am not at work I am taking care of personal things, spending time with family etc...if you want to intrude upon that as my employer, then you had best be prepared to pay for it.

Unless of course, I had taken a job with the expectation that I would be on call after hours
    Last edited by Raztax; 06-21-2008 at 01:32 PM.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I charge in my "after hours" usage of my BB if it's related to work. Not that I get paid overtime, but at least the client pays for time spent on their project.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by potthoff View Post
    I charge in my "after hours" usage of my BB if it's related to work. Not that I get paid overtime, but at least the client pays for time spent on their project.
    I do the same. I dont get paid a dime for OT but even when I am at home, and the BB goes off for work, I will make sure I charge my client for the time to read the email respond and deal with the issue.

People want to get paid to use their BBs as overtime, they should learn how not to read the email. It will be there later. People need to learn to disconnect from work even if they are always connected via their BB.

I love my BB and I wouldnt trade it for the world but I have learned that when I get work emails on the weekend or late at night, if it can be ignored then I ignore it and deal with it during business hours.

People need to settle down and stop worrying about the petty crap. You have BB so you can be reached. If you cant handle that then dont get a BB.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I find that having the enterprise only view helps out to separate work and home use. As well I encourage employees to set a no vibrate/no sound setting for enterprise messages after work. If they get paged, It will be via level1.

mysteryninja no está en línea Stack level 1
    They are whining over nothing. Definitely OT pay is in order!

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2
    My blackberry use might be one of the more rare ones.
    I purchased mine for personal use (first a 7130g now an 8820) and work doesn't have that number. Work email is also not configured on it but my personal ones are.
    If work needs to contact me after hours they can call the cell phone they provided me and pay me the overtime (I'm not salary). I love my blackberry very much but it is 100% for _my_ convenience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12