Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ATLANTA, GEORGIA and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--( Nov. 30, 2006 ) - The new BlackBerry Pearl will ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Cingular launches BlackBerry Pearl 8100c!

Advertisement

ATLANTA, GEORGIA and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Nov. 30, 2006) - The new BlackBerry Pearl will arrive on the shelves of select Cingular Wireless stores beginning tomorrow - just in time for the holiday shopping season - with an exclusive look and new features, including Cingular-exclusive Push to Talk (PTT) capabilities and a GPS-based wireless navigation service.

"The BlackBerry Pearl from Cingular provides a winning combination of business and entertainment-related applications that make it a great device both for work-time and leisure-time use," said Jeff Bradley, vice president, business data services, for Cingular Wireless. "The iconic yet highly functional design, popular BlackBerry service, and rich music and video features coupled with our Cingular-exclusive capabilities make this a powerful offering that will play well equally in the enterprise and consumer spaces."

Cingular customers can receive GPS turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions on the BlackBerry Pearl with TeleNav GPS Navigator(TM) (Bluetooth GPS Receiver accessory required). TeleNav GPS Navigator can be used in vehicles or while walking and offers colorful 3D moving maps. Just like an in-car navigation system, the 3D maps turn, move and stop as the vehicle does the same, while also displaying a realistic image of the streets the vehicle is approaching and streets they are passing.

Users can also pan and zoom the map to view surrounding streets. Other features include Biz Finder, allowing users to look up a business or place of interest, and Fuel Finder, providing nearby locations with the lowest gas prices.

The BlackBerry Pearl from Cingular is also the first wireless device in the U.S. to include TeleNav Maps, a free application providing access to non-GPS static maps and step-by-step written driving directions.

Pricing and Availability

The BlackBerry Pearl from Cingular is available for as low as $199.99 with a two-year commitment and after rebates, beginning tomorrow in select Cingular retail stores, on www.cingular.com and through Cingular's B2B sales organization, and in most Cingular stores nationwide by Monday, December 4. Or check out Amazon's BlackBerry 8100c Pearl Deal!

Unlimited corporate email access via BlackBerry is as low as $44.99 a month with a voice contract, or customers who simply need personal email access and web browsing with BlackBerry(R) Internet Service can choose the BlackBerry Personal plan for as low as $29.99 per month with voice. Unlimited Cingular Push to Talk service is available for an additional monthly charge of $9.99 per device and $19.99 for Push to Talk Family. TeleNav GPS Navigator is available for additional monthly charges of $5.99 for 10 trips and $9.99 for unlimited trips.

For more information, please go to www.cingular.com/blackberrypearl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Cingular launches BlackBerry Pearl 8100c!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sounds great, but they do charge for EVERYTHING! But overal amazing!

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: Cingular launches BlackBerry Pearl 8100c!

saw this > SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Cingular Wireless, the largest U.S. mobile phone service carrier, said on Wednesday it will start selling Research in Motion's (Nasdaq:RIMM - news) (Toronto:RIM.TO - news) new BlackBerry "Pearl" handheld device on Friday as both companies seek to boost sales during the holiday season

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061130/...rim_pearl_dc_1

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its about time.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by walds11

Yup vety correct! Only fair since Cingular had the other BIG-BB-launch - the 8700c - exclusive for quite some time also.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I agree with Chatster18...man, they are charging for every little thing!!! WOW!!!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tamaraa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E48602

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What are they charging for that most companies don't???
    Last edited by tamaraa; 11-30-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ interesting stuff. It kinda makes me think they took a lot of fun out of it by not leaving it to users to find the Apps on their own, but I guess they're sugar coating it draw in as many non-geeks as possible.

canadian2910 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24058c07

Cingular isnt the first to use TELENAV. I have been using it with the 7100i with Nextel for almost a year now.

Still I am switching very soon to the pearl.
    Steve G
    loving the 8300 Curve and Vaja Olive leather case .............

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I think I'm gonna hold out for the 8800 still.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    I think I'm gonna hold out for the 8800 still.
    gotta have the full board huh?

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I hope the next Verizon berry will have bigger, original size keys like the 7250 instead of the Treo like keys on the 8703. I just like the classic berry form but with the new screen and bigger memory.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Full keyboard or bust!

I groaned when I saw the PM about this. I know we're going to get a bunch of requests in the next two weeks. Thankfully I'm on vacation all next week and the week before X-Mas.

I've informed my team and our purchasing person.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't know which I want. They both sound so good, but the minute I by something it will go obsolete and a newer faster berry will be released. I am thinking 8800, but without a solid release date, and price I am stuck in limbo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast