Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The cellity Communicator is a penny-pinching program that offers worldCALL, groupCALL, SMS / freeSMS and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Cellity Communicator - Free text msgs, low-cost Intl. calls. - free download

Advertisement

The cellity Communicator is a penny-pinching program that offers worldCALL, groupCALL, SMS / freeSMS and backup in a single, compact program.

After switching on your BlackBerry, all you need to do is launch Cellity Communicator. Then you can start saving as much as 90% on international calls and those within your home country or easily hold a conference call with several people.

Cellity users also benefit from competitively priced text messaging and freeSMS messages of up to 2,048 characters. Users can also use the Communicator phonebook and easily run backups onto the cellity server.

Download now | WAP: wap.cellity.com | Also see....

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Anyone used this? It sounds pretty good, especially for a husband about to deploy to Iraq.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Works for me. I'm located in the Caribbean.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Great! We might look into this!

BTW, can I move in wit h you? LOL I am so tired of our weather here in TN. It warms up to rain. It is almost April, where is my spring weather. I am tired of the 40 degree weather.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    The apps all work great from what I tested. Best part is they are FREE!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Ok seems interesting but if the txt msgs are free....what does this means?
    *You will only be charged for data transfer by your provider.
    I went to download to my mobile and the above statement is at the bottom of their web page...if I am not mistaken txt msgs are considered to be data right??
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8
    i LOVE IT how do you add more money

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    I went to download to my mobile and the above statement is at the bottom of their web page...if I am not mistaken txt msgs are considered to be data right??
    Generally, text messages require a 'text bundle' or 'text pkg' which is not part of the data pkg. This, apparently, utilizes the data pkg.

Mugen no está en línea Stack level 1
    So does this mean I can avoid voice roaming charges? My plan is in Canada, if I travel in the US or some other international location, do I just get billed data charges?

nolram12222 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've downloaded this app 3 times, i dont have text messaging right now. After downloading, it says that they'll send me a text to activate it. Normally if someone texts me I get the text it just says that I can't read it. But with this, I've never even gotten the text that says that. I sent them an email 2 days ago but haven't gotten a response. Anybody got any ideas?

cellity_support no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone a member of cellity_support here First of all thanks to pinstack.com for featuring our new product!

I will try to answer the queries above but if I missed something or someone has some other queries then please let us know either here or using the cellity contact form at: http://www.cellity.com/en/service/contact.html

Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22
    Anyone used this? It sounds pretty good, especially for a husband about to deploy to Iraq.
    Yes Communicator will work great for your situation however we having problems with the Iraqish Network provider 'Asiacell'. If possible ensure your husband gets a SIM from an alternative provider.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    That is correct. We send our 'free messages' over the internet therefore only the data costs are accrued with your provider. For cost calculation purposes 1 character = 1 byte therefore a very long message of 2000 characters would be 2kb.

Quote Originally Posted by gqswagga
    i LOVE IT how do you add more money
    The best way to add money for the calling and normal SMS services is via your My cellity page which is created for you after you register. www.mycellity.com Here there are options for the following payment methods (with more to be added in the future): Credit Card, PayPal, UKCash, Moneybookers, & ClickandBuy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen
    So does this mean I can avoid voice roaming charges? My plan is in Canada, if I travel in the US or some other international location, do I just get billed data charges?
    Do you mean for the calling? We do have an option that is available for most users called Remote Call (options - Expert Mode: On to make it available in the menu). With remote call you can redirect your call to a local phone (ie. in your hotel room) thereby avoiding the roaming costs which otherwise you would still have to pay. Please read the 'What Is Remote Call' FAQ point here: http://www.cellity.com/en/faq/faq-communicator.html

Quote Originally Posted by nolram12222
    I've downloaded this app 3 times, i dont have text messaging right now. After downloading, it says that they'll send me a text to activate it. Normally if someone texts me I get the text it just says that I can't read it. But with this, I've never even gotten the text that says that. I sent them an email 2 days ago but haven't gotten a response. Anybody got any ideas?
    Our support team is not in over the weekend however we will reply to you shortly if you have contacted us. We do have problems delivering our Activation SMS to some Network Providers (full list here: http://community.cellity.com/showthread.php?tid=319 ). If you do not hear from us soon please send your phone number so we can check on your activation progress for you at: http://www.cellity.com/en/service/contact.html
    Last edited by cellity_support; 03-31-2008 at 06:11 AM.

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B
    Does this work with BIS-B connectivity?

Best,
    Jaime

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6
    i have t-mobile usa and i don't have txt but i do have unlimited data and if i send txt msg over seas or anyone here in the US will it go against the data or will i be charged for txt also.

Thanks.

cellity_support no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jzamoras View Post
    Does this work with BIS-B connectivity?
    I am unfamiliar with this BIS-B connectivitiy? However our app works with the Enterprise service and customer services. If you require something else please let me know what it is and maybe we can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by SalaH
    i have t-mobile usa and i don't have txt but i do have unlimited data and if i send txt msg over seas or anyone here in the US will it go against the data or will i be charged for txt also.
    Our free messages count against data only for both the sender and the receiver. However you will need to be able to receive our initial activation text to get Communicator activated on your blackberry.

toddj81 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is too bad that an initial activation text needs to be recieved. Text messages are disabled on my phone by my company but i have unlimited data so this would have been great. What's the difference between your "free messages" and normal sms messages?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast