Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

We all know that Verizon and Sprint have gotten the shaft before when it comes ... Smartphone News forum

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

CDMA Users...Again, you will have to wait for your OS Upgrade

Advertisement

We all know that Verizon and Sprint have gotten the shaft before when it comes to launching an updated Operating System (Remember how long it took you to get 4.2?).

The release of 4.3/4.5/whatever you would like to call it, doesn't look any more promising.

Today, the newest versions of the new OS were made available to various sources.

Upon inspecting all of the Operating Systems, one thing jumped out to me. There was no 4.3/4.5/whatever you would like to call it for the 8703 or 8830 devices, however, every other GSM device was there (8700, 8100, 8110, 8120, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, 8820).

Using a best guess, it seems as if you guys will have to wait yet once again, once this "infamous" Operating System finally makes it to the light of day.

If anything makes it's way across my radar, I will obviously post, but these are "supposedly" the "final beta". However, that being said, I have personally noticed numerous issues already, which may or may not be accurate. I am going to re-install it and see if they persist.

On another side note for CDMA users:
    1. I have heard very strong rumors that the 8330 will be launching on Sprint "the 3rd week of April". So, use this as JUST a guesstimate at this point, but I would say that would point around to.....April 20th.
    2. This is where it gets interesting. I have ALSO heard that Verizon will be receiveing the Curve BEFORE Sprint, meaning, if these estimates are right, we could see the Curve launching on Verizon within the next few weeks (not too sure how long of an exclusitivity period Verizon would have over Sprint. But then again, there is a small chance in hell that this is mis-information and that Sprint will be launching the Curve first, but I highly doubt that).
    3. Nextel Users....There is also strong rumor floating around that at the end of Q3 this year, you will be seeing a new BlackBerry. No word on model number, however, it is said to be built on the 83XX Series Platform, include WiFi AND GPS, and have Direct Connect, along with staying on the iDen network. That is however, if Sprint is going to be able to reach the summer deadline to keep Nextel up and running, before being shut down by the US Government.

More information as it arises...

BTW, please, do not PM ME or ask for the Operating System, as I am sorry, but I will not be distributing this software. I have too much to risk just POSTING this information, let alone actually distributing it. Esp. since PinStack forbids any sort of distribution of such.

Last edited by n8dbb2; 03-10-2008 at 05:08 PM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: CDMA Users...Again, you will have to wait for your OS Upgrade

Thanks for the info - glad I am not CDMA.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by theOutsider View Post
    We all know that Verizon and Sprint have gotten the shaft before when it comes to launching an updated Operating System (Remember how long it took you to get 4.2?).

The release of 4.3/4.5/whatever you would like to call it, doesn't look any more promising.

Today, the newest versions of the new OS were made available to various sources.

Upon inspecting all of the Operating Systems, one thing jumped out to me. There was no 4.3/4.5/whatever you would like to call it for the 8703 or 8830 devices, however, every other GSM device was there (8700, 8100, 8110, 8120, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, 8820).

Using a best guess, it seems as if you guys will have to wait yet once again, once this "infamous" Operating System finally makes it to the light of day.

If anything makes it's way across my radar, I will obviously post, but these are "supposedly" the "final beta". However, that being said, I have personally noticed numerous issues already, which may or may not be accurate. I am going to re-install it and see if they persist.

On another side note for CDMA users:
    1. I have heard very strong rumors that the 8330 will be launching on Sprint "the 3rd week of April". So, use this as JUST a guesstimate at this point, but I would say that would point around to.....April 20th.
    2. This is where it gets interesting. I have ALSO heard that Verizon will be receiveing the Curve BEFORE Sprint, meaning, if these estimates are right, we could see the Curve launching on Verizon within the next few weeks (not too sure how long of an exclusitivity period Verizon would have over Sprint. But then again, there is a small chance in hell that this is mis-information and that Sprint will be launching the Curve first, but I highly doubt that).
    3. Nextel Us ers....There is also strong rumor floating around that at the end of Q3 this year, you will be seeing a new BlackBerry. No word on model number, however, it is said to be built on the 83XX Series Platform, include WiFi AND GPS, and have Direct Connect, along with staying on the iDen network. That is however, if Sprint is going to be able to reach the summer deadline to keep Nextel up and running, before being shut down by the US Government.

More information as it arises...

BTW, please, do not PM ME or ask for the Operating System, as I am sorry, but I will not be distributing this software. I have too much to risk just POSTING this information, let alone actually distributing it. Esp. since PinStack forbids any sort of distribution of such.
    But when will it release for GSM carriers in general..... I mean this OS reminds of the Meizu M8... Its been slated for release for 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BB8900 is mine!

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the update, ulcer, upset stomach, dysentery - well you get the point. Thanks again Verizon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    But when will it release for GSM carriers in general..... I mean this OS reminds of the Meizu M8... Its been slated for release for 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes...It is taking forever...The last that I heard, it was going to be pushed back until WES.

HOWEVER...

I will say that this current one is the most stable that I have seen so far. Other than the fact that the media card is not being recognized, but I am working on finding out why that is happening right now and will keep you posted.

I would say that this may be the actual launch version, which, if it is, you may see it within 2 weeks.

But...

If this Media Card issue is across the board and not just a fluke on my device, then it will be back to the drawing board for RIM.

Also,

You all DO realize that the HTML email is for BES users, and not BIS users, correct?

Also, to throw some more in here:

You all know there is now an equalizer...Here are the options:
    Acoustic
    Bass Boost
    Bass Cut
    Classical
    Dance
    Deep
    Electronic
    Hip Hop
    Jazz
    Latin
    Loudness
    Mid-Boost
    Mid-Cut
    Piano
    Pop
    R&B
    Rock
    Small Speakers
    Spoken Word
    Treble Boost
    Vocal Booster

Another thing that I noticed in this that I did not see with previous 4.3 BETA versions is in security options-Firewall.

You now have the ability to block SMS/MMS and PIN messages from anyone who is NOT in your address book or from specific addresses.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Yes...It is taking forever...The last that I heard, it was going to be pushed back until WES.

HOWEVER...

I will say that this current one is the most stable that I have seen so far. Other than the fact that the media card is not being recognized, but I am working on finding out why that is happening right now and will keep you posted.

I would say that this may be the actual launch version, which, if it is, you may see it within 2 weeks.

But...

If this Media Card issue is across the board and not just a fluke on my device, then it will be back to the drawing board for RIM.

Also,

You all DO realize that the HTML email is for BES users, and not BIS users, correct?

Yes I do and I pay the neccassary 29.99 for BES and will make sure my IT folks are aware of the new upgrade. I have the newest phone on the BES at work. They have Nextel and use the awful 7100i ....... Outsider I hope your right in a couple weeks.
    BB8900 is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    Yes I do and I pay the neccassary 29.99 for BES and will make sure my IT folks are aware of the new upgrade.
    Sorry...that wasn't specifically meant for you...that was meant as an over-all comment to everyone.

Many people are thinking that as soon as they upgrade to 4.3/4.5, they will have HTML email...But that obviously is not the case. Another instance of people getting their hopes up.

Another thing that has me curious, is WTF are these blank modules that the OS keeps installing into my phone. RIM? Hello? Blank Module? Whats that about???

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Another thing that has me curious, is WTF are these blank modules that the OS keeps installing into my phone. RIM? Hello? Blank Module? Whats that about???
    Possibly something associated with Bes upgrade and or BIS upgrade
    BB8900 is mine!

xvprflyboivx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30F53704

I can't wait for 4.3/4.5!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! I get to hear some news about this...too bad for sprint with the whole nextel deal...seems like a waste of a merger...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by xvprflyboivx View Post
    I can't wait for 4.3/4.5!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! I get to hear some news about this...too bad for sprint with the whole nextel deal...seems like a waste of a merger...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, don't blame Nextel. Sprint was the one that flopped that.

BTW, those of you who have DIGG, why don't you DIGG this and get Pinstack some more coverage?

BoyGenius, BlackBerryCool, RIMarkable, Crackberry, etc...none of them have posted about some of these features/issues/news, so let's show them which site REALLY has the inside information, because you know they will be posting about this tomorrow and trying to take all the credit...BEAT THEM TO THE PUNCH!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so wait is it released

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    its not realeased yet outsider has people who know people

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    No it is NOT released. Some people have "insider info" and friends within and get to test betas of the OS. And everyone was banking on HTML because RIM brought it up in the last web cast so people DONT know that its not included. Not to down talk, but there are users who have no idea what BIS and BES is. Can't blame anyone for assuming it was to come part of the package for the consumer.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast