"We are thrilled to offer a media player for BlackBerry". said Shawn Kreloff, chairman and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CanWest MediaWorks 1st to stream video on Blackberry

Advertisement

"We are thrilled to offer a media player for BlackBerry". said Shawn Kreloff, chairman and CEO of Sona Mobile. "For the very first time, BlackBerry users can receive streaming video on their devices. And with CanWest MediaWorks as our first customer who will supply news content daily for wireless podcasts and streaming video, BlackBerry users can take advantage of a download-and-play method to receive multimedia files."

The CanWest MediaWorks VideoPlayer for BlackBerry is the creation of Delaware-based Sona Mobile, and the software uses the new Intel XScale processor featured on the Blackberry 7130 and 8700 models. No doubt the 4.2 OS launch will be quite soon!

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Re: CanWest MediaWorks 1st to stream video on Blackberry

Wait wait wait... Did I hear that right? the Intel processor on the 7130?? I am 99.999 percent sure this processor was only on the 8700. Does anyone have any spec sheets from rim to see if this is true?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Thought this article needed an update:

Well looks as if this has been pushed back another month. Their site used to say that it would be coming in Mid-June, however I just checked and now it is saying July (doesn't say first part, mid, last part, etc), just July. Since there hasn't been much word floating around about the new 4.2 Operating System, one can only guess that Sona is waiting on RIM to release the new Operating System. So here we wait some more....:::Crickets:::

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

****weeping*** not more waiting... I need a new OS to play with I am a very impatient person.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Best bet is the BlackBerry.com site but it's my understanding that all the 8700's and 7130 series of devices have Intel processsors?
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    Wait wait wait... Did I hear that right? the Intel processor on the 7130?? I am 99.999 percent sure this processor was only on the 8700. Does anyone have any spec sheets from rim to see if this is true?

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

very interesting