View Poll Results: Can you go without your BB for ONE night?

Voters
700. Register free to vote on this poll
  • YES! I so need a BREAK!

91 13.00%
  • NO! The withdrawals would be deadly!

447 63.86%
  • MAYBE! I might try just one night ...

162 23.14%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

I ran across this article tonight and I have to admit that I relate 100% ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Thumbs up Can you go ONE night without your Blackberry?

Advertisement

I ran across this article tonight and I have to admit that I relate 100% to the author ... When I think how much time I spend on either my PC or my BB I start to feel kinda bad for neglecting life in general not to mention my family and friends.

Sharon Sarmiento knew it was time to unplug when she realised she was blogging in her dreams and hearing imaginary instant messages.

For Ariel Meadow Stallings, it was the hours lost while surfing the internet that left her feeling like she had been in a drunken blackout.

Both women are part of a new grass-roots movement in which tech geeks, internet addicts, Blackberry thumbers and compulsive IMers are deciding to wrest back control of their lives by daring to switch off - if only for a day.
    read more here
    also see: http://52nightsunplugged.ning.com/ (had issues signing up )
    source: www.reuters.com
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-18-2008 at 03:45 AM.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    I had to go a few days without my blackberry and i felt like i was missing out on too much of what was going on. My berry is my link to almost all of information.....i felt like i didnt know how to dress, or what assignments were due, or how to get to peoples houses....oh man what a week!

i deff voted no

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've gone back and forth between my SideKick 3 and my 8100. While it was nice to have a full keyboard, the compactness of the 8100 (and my upcoming 8120) were just too tempting to be without for longer. As well as 10 email accounts, rather than 4 on my other phone. I also got constant errors while trying to post from the SK3 (Bad Request or Invalid Request) to this forum. That was the other major reason I came back.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-18-2008 at 03:44 AM.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    God no! The point of having a BB is communication. I rely perhaps too much on my BB. I now make sure that I have a spare backed up just incase !
    An average morning. Wroke up (cus that helps lol) by the alarm on my BB. Sat drinking my coffee reading what emails came through the night. Watched the last 5 minutes of a TV series on my BB. Then came into Pinstack for my fix. Why would I even want to change that??
    I may drink like a fish, smoke like a train and always have my BB in hand! But that means nothing lol lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up me too!

check this, iknow iknow blackberries are for email n stuff and i would love that but for me thats just not an option right now but i still cant go without my blackberry 8100 or 8320 i mean these are the only phones ived ever owned that im absolutely obsessed about to me it's like having 2 pocket-pc's and i only have voice service on them but soon ill get full service!also im on pinstack like 24/7! no joke!love this site!

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    See, I fixed the problem of making my loved ones feel neglected, by buying my girlfriend a blackberry now she is just as addicted, and we both have our BBs in bed

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I'll NEVER join you...NEVER! Oh, sorry about that... I do not think that is possible, I mean giving up my BB.

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can't do It! I have withrawls everytime RIM does some type of upgrade or someting where the BIS goes down for awhile.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I love the that that I can communicate with people that I would never have met without my BB. To be able to make friends with likeminded people from around the world just because of the phone you have is well incredible! Let's be truthful, yes the BB is a well made device but there are phones out there that offer more power, more built in hardware. But its the passion that these phones give you, the versatility of be able to add remove software and the community that they bring.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i had a hard time when my curve messed up and i had to use my pearl.....i could only use 1bb, not 2 at the same time......so sad
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    I can't even stand a 30mins without it..so how in the hell I can go through the night without it??

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Thumbs down Yes I Could Live Without

yes could live without
    Last edited by mike22; 04-18-2008 at 08:11 AM.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    when my wifes not in bed with me my Pearl takes her place.....

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I voted maybe, if I had to Im sure I could. Dont really want to find out, because that would mean I either lost it or it was broken........

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    No! I think the only thing that would MAKE ME go a day without my BB is Catching a Case and being on Lockdown. Short of that No, know reason to!

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast