Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With the new *No cell phone while driving* law going into affect on July 1st, ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Cali Drivers: July 1st No Cell Phone Law -- GOT BT?

Advertisement

With the new *No cell phone while driving* law going into affect on July 1st, I thought I would put together a top notch list of the most popular bluetooth headsets and BT accessories.

Headsets

Blueant Z9 Bluetooth Headset for Pearl
    With its advanced functionality and cutting edge design the Z9 Bluetooth Headset offers a range of differentiating features which ensure crystal clear wireless enabled communication.

Jabra JX10 II Bluetooth Headset for Pearl
    This headset has been upgraded with Multipoint software, this means the JX10 II can be connected with two devices at any one time, making it an invaluable business tool.

Jabra BT5020 Vibrating Bluetooth Headset for Pearl
    The Jabra BT5020 is styled for people who appreciate a discreet state-of-the-art Bluetooth headset. It's small, light and really comfortable and it can be worn on either ear thanks to the rotating earpiece. This headset is easy to use wherever you are!

Motorola H9 Bluetooth Headset for Pearl
    Introducing a revolutionary Bluetooth headset that really works with you. Measuring only 33 x4 1millimeters this barely-there headset fits perfectly inside your ear for pristine, unobtrusive communication. This petite powerhouse packs in battery power so powerful - you can chat wire free for up to approximately 7.5 hours using the included portable charging base.

Portable Speakers

Blueant Supertooth Light Bluetooth Speakerphone for Pearl
    Stylish in design, easy to use and with no installation requirements, the new BlueAnt Supertooth Light offers the latest in sun-visor mounted handsfree speakerphone technology.

Mr Handsfree Bluevision II for Pearl
    Featuring the already outstanding Blue Vision full duplex sound quality, the Blue Vision II now comes in a much sleeker package, features no less than 24 hours talk time and comes with a unique, wireless remote control.

Jabra SP5050 Bluetooth Car Kit for Pearl
    The Jabra SP5050 is the perfect combination of stylish design and excellent performance. Ideal for use in the car, office or home - the Jabra SP5050 is a lightweight speakerphone that can be as mobile as you are.

Motorola T305 Portable Bluetooth Car Kit for Pearl
    Enjoy effortless and affordable wireless connectivity with the enhanced Motorola Portable Bluetooth Car Kit T305. With a sleek and stylish new design, superior audio capabilities and an intuitive feature set, the palm-sized Motorola T305 is the perfect companion for your .

The Ultimate :: Integrated Car Kit

Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth Car Kit for Pearl
    Just touch the blue button and the Motorola Bluetooth® car kit IHF1000 will listen to your command and make calls for you. The system's brilliant sound quality with noise reduction and echo cancellation optimizes sound quality for all parties in conference. The Motorola Bluetooth car kit IHF1000 is an innovative Bluetooth solution which will change the way you talk while you are in your car.

[read more here on new law]

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm ready Cherri.....I got my Jawbone for Christmas It is a much needed law!!! Big "pet peeve" of drivers not paying attention and driving slow......with a phone stuck up against their ear!!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had to do a search for each of these devices on the net. Seems they work with ALL bluetooth enabled devices, not just Pearls. Good thing since this 8330 and 8830 dude thinks "Pearls are 4 gurlz).

Thanks for the info though. The multi-device Jabra looks like a keeper.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

BlueAnt Z9

I've had one for about 6 months and it's the best headset. I've tried all the others, Motorola, Jabra, Plantronics, the Z9 by far is the best.

BlueAnt has also release the Z9i and has added more features, including multiple device connections, interchangble earbuds, and a host of other updates.

Coming sometime in July, BlueAnt is releasing the worlds first voice activated headset called the V1. More info at MobileCityOnline about this device, and the ability to pre-order which I have already done.

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    The Moto T505 car kit is my fave for doing a stereo BT. What about the moto H700 Cherri? that's like the Brett Favre of bluetooths. always been my first choice. just MHO tho.

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Here in Michigan that law has been in affect for a while in a few cities. I have the Jabra BT125 on my 8310 and it's works flawlessly. I like the fact that I didn't have to do anything just put the bluetooth near the screen and it and asked if I wanted to connect to it. I used the same bluetooth on my pocketpc before it died and it was like pulling teeth to get the phone to recognize the thing. I think you guys will be fine with the law and after a while you will find it's a must have.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I hate any and all "non phone" devices to talk through....makes everyone seem so far away. I hate talking to people who are talking to me on bluetooth too! They sound like they are in a wind tunnel....and they weren't using any cheap bluetooth devices either! LOL! Oh well...suck it up....I did buy some awesome ear buds....work for listening to songs and for talking....so that's nice....great Bass too when listening to some songs!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Q: Does the new “hands-free” law allow drivers 18 and over to text message while driving?
    A: The law does not specifically prohibit that

to me, texting while driving is WORSE than talking...

PIN/ID
    ATA

Sorry ya'll ... The BT headsets are compatible with every device. I'm sorry I didn't mention that.

Personally, I have the Motorola H500 and the H9. The 500 flaps when I move my head and it drives me nuts. The H9 is the coolest but the thing I don't like is its docking charger. It sucks to have to make sure u always have it to charge. Oh .. And the fact that its so small really makes it easy to lose. I was missing it for about 6 months when the car wash people found it when getting my truck cleaned. LOL

PIN/ID
    [quote=data1025;787000]Q: Does the new “hands-free” law allow drivers 18 and over to text message while driving?
    A: The law does not specifically prohibit that
    quote]

LOL----try giving that answer to a cop....they'll ticket you in a heart beat! LOL!
    LAPD's memo (and I have seen it) states that if an officer even BELIEVES you are texting or reading on your phone that you can get a ticket!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Here in Alberta they shot down the idea of banning cell phone use while driving.

It seems a group of truckers, of which I was one, brought up the question of using our various flavours of 2-way radios. Personally, my truck has a CB, a vhf and a ham radio complemented by a BB 8830, 8330 and a 7100i (radio)... Not to mention a television and in-dash DVD player.

The question was, "if you stop cell phone use, would you not also have to ban 2-way radio use? If so, would that not almost completely cut off emergency service vehicles whose drivers rely on them?"

It wasn't long after that town hall that the whole idea was dropped.

Thank goodness... Now, I must get back to driving this load of car parts and stop "stacking whilst driving!!"

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Here in Alberta they shot down the idea of banning cell phone use while driving.

It seems a group of truckers, of which I was one, brought up the question of using our various flavours of 2-way radios. Personally, my truck has a CB, a vhf and a ham radio complemented by a BB 8830, 8330 and a 7100i (radio)... Not to mention a television and in-dash DVD player.

The question was, "if you stop cell phone use, would you not also have to ban 2-way radio use? If so, would that not almost completely cut off emergency service vehicles whose drivers rely on them?"

It wasn't long after that town hall that the whole idea was dropped.

Thank goodness... Now, I must get back to driving this load of car parts and stop "stacking whilst driving!!"

There are a few exceptions here- truck drivers, cops, firemen, ambulance drivers and a few city workers, but that's it.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post

LOL!!!

think about how many people will be pulled over and written tickets. its going to be mad!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Where's the Aliph JawBone2?

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Here in NY we can't use our cell while driving. A few weeks ago they put out the law that we can't even text now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast