Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Click for larger view of our chart We compared Platform, Availability, Carrier, Price, Size, Weight, ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Blog Entries
    4

    Business Smartphone Comparison Chart - Nokia vs RIM vs Apple vs Palm




    Click for larger view of our chart



    We compared Platform, Availability, Carrier, Price, Size, Weight, Display, Form factor, Navigation, Network, Memory, Cameras, Video recording, Web Browsing, GPS and more.

    Check out the results...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Blog Entries
    4


  3. #3
    ohad_129's Avatar
    ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Posts
    444
    why no to buy nokia e72 look the best here
    sorry to write it but that the fact
    eli barash

  4. #4
    cpk3's Avatar
    cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174
    Retract.. My statment.. Read the Model wrong

    Why not the BOLD on this chart?
    Last edited by cpk3; 06-17-2009 at 12:29 PM.

  5. #5
    calibur's Avatar
    calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk3 View Post
    Retract.. My statment.. Read the Model wrong

    Why not the BOLD on this chart?
    probably because the tour is a new model. If you look at the release date, they're all 2009s models. BOLD was 08.

    im just surprise the tour doesnt have WI-Fi.

  6. #6
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    Very nice chart. It should help everyone see the differences.


    Edit* Form Factor: CandyBar? Haha. I've never noticed that? Where did that come from? How'd i miss that?
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-17-2009 at 12:40 PM.

  7. #7
    BES Noob's Avatar
    BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Posts
    3,695
    Blog Entries
    9
    No WiFi on the 9630? Thats a little disappointing.

  8. #8
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    It sucks how they're now using wifi and no wifi devices to screw people just like they used to do it with the gps. Oh well, someone's gotta make money somehow sucks that we as the consumers have to be the ones getting suckered as usual .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

  9. #9
    fsantiago36's Avatar
    fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    249E3B0A
    Posts
    39

    Smile

    I know hate is a strong word but why is it every time there is a comparison sheet there is no CPU comparison. Can someone here at Pinstack dig in and figure out what the CPU speeds are of all these phones?

  10. #10
    BES Noob's Avatar
    BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Posts
    3,695
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    It sucks how they're now using wifi and no wifi devices to screw people just like they used to do it with the gps. Oh well, someone's gotta make money somehow sucks that we as the consumers have to be the ones getting suckered as usual .
    I can live without the WiFi but not having the GPS is something that I can't live without. Its nice to have and until you don't have it, you don't really realize how much you really use it.

  11. #11
    luciferseamus's Avatar
    luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    It sucks how they're now using wifi and no wifi devices to screw people just like they used to do it with the gps. Oh well, someone's gotta make money somehow sucks that we as the consumers have to be the ones getting suckered as usual .
    I feel ya raton, I wish that all of RIM's devices came with wi-fi availability.
    I just don't understand why they don't incorporate it...
    it would be really nice, I don't know if I'd really get the advantage of it...
    I already have the unlimited data plan, as I sure most people do, and the coverage area is pretty good for all the places I go. I don't know if it would really help to much but it would be nice to have.

    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I can live without the WiFi but not having the GPS is something that I can't live without. Its nice to have and until you don't have it, you don't really realize how much you really use it.
    as to the GPS, I have never had it on a phone. but the so called tower GPS seems to work pretty well...
    you could always get one of those key chain GPS pucks.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey


  12. #12
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    I may be off on this but if Verizon did offer WiFi it would take away the need for them to offer the $9.99 a month GPS app/feature. So if a phone had WiFi they would loose money.

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

  13. #13
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim está en línea ahora Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,758
    This for RIM - Hayden pls pass it over...
    I can´t understanf why RIM launches a "better" BB (the Tourer) with good overall characteristics, and forgets WiFi. Hey, RIM the clients are 21st century ... we do have WiFi at home and at most places, and we'd like to use it !
    Further, I am sure from your continuous market research questionnaires (to which I contribute), you come to the same conclusion...
    You'll also notice from most Market Research results that clients like to have little gadgets (FM radio, a better VGA Video Camera, amongst other things...)
    When is RIM going to oblige ?
    Wakey, wakey guys...

  14. #14
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim está en línea ahora Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,758
    ...and Hayden - thanks for all your hard work. Your threads are always eye openers... thanks buddy !

  15. #15
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    This for RIM - Hayden pls pass it over...
    I can´t understanf why RIM launches a "better" BB (the Tourer) with good overall characteristics, and forgets WiFi. Hey, RIM the clients are 21st century ... we do have WiFi at home and at most places, and we'd like to use it !
    Further, I am sure from your continuous market research questionnaires (to which I contribute), you come to the same conclusion...
    You'll also notice from most Market Research results that clients like to have little gadgets (FM radio, a better VGA Video Camera, amongst other things...)
    When is RIM going to oblige ?
    Wakey, wakey guys...
    It's not RIM, it's the CDMA carriers that don't want the wifi....$$$$

    Thanks Hayden, great chart....I love seeing things side by side....now I just need to compare these with the HTC Magic/MyTouch as it gets closer to my decision time!
    Last edited by azstar; 06-17-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •