Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Create your Free 'Box' to Access and Share files on your Blackberry Box.net launched their ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Box.net launches Box Mobile for BlackBerry - Access & Share your files!

Advertisement

Create your Free 'Box' to Access and Share files on your Blackberry

Box.net launched their Box Mobile for BlackBerry smartphones. BlackBerry users can use Box.net’s service to easily and quickly access content they have stored online. Box Mobile saves users' time because most Blackberry users are normally out of the office or on the go and this provides convenient access to data. This data includes documents, photos and videos can all be shared with friends, colleagues and family. Box.net is also planning to develop and expand the functionality of Box Mobile in future releases.

Box Mobile it is available now for download from the Box.net website, which is www.box.net/blackberry, and of course mobile site m.box.net

[Read More]

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    So basically you store your files online and you can access through your phone? Something like what the Treo does am I right? If so I always wanted something like that for my phone.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Has anyone used this?

Would you say its safe to store personal files like resumes and what not?

I mean do your files stay your files or are they open to the people that own box.net?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Has anyone used this?

Would you say its safe to store personal files like resumes and what not?

I mean do your files stay your files or are they open to the people that own box.net?
    Just as much as your gmail or hotmail is open to Google or Microsoft.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    If its going to do what I think it will. I will definitely try this out. Sometimes I have lots of documents that I need to send to prospective clients and only have them available on my PC/laptop and not on my BlackBerry. This will definitely help me out!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    If its going to do what I think it will. I will definitely try this out. Sometimes I have lost of documents that I need to send to prospective clients and only have them available on my PC/laptop and not on my BlackBerry. This will definitely help me out!
    Yup

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post

Gotta agree with Hayden on this one. Thier not really going to go through your files unless they have reason to believe something is being done that they do not condone or is in violation of their policies, just as with GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo!

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    I'm so amazed with Box.net, they are truly a great company, I've signed for the lite account which is free and it works like a charm and now with this mobile shortcut on the bb it rocks, share any file with anybody whenever. Two thumbs up Box.net
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Thanks! I'll check this out when I get a chance.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

dmacd no está en línea Stack level 1
    If I'm not mistaken this is nothing new. The 'Box Mobile for BlackBerry' application is simply a link that points your BB browser at the m.box.net site. In other words, this app is just a bookmark. The mobile box.net site has been running for quite awhile.

So I would not classify 'Box Mobile for BlackBerry' as an application. It seems more and more companies come out with these glorified bookmarks and call them applications!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    If I'm not mistaken this is nothing new. The 'Box Mobile for BlackBerry' application is simply a link that points your BB browser at the m.box.net site. In other words, this app is just a bookmark. The mobile box.net site has been running for quite awhile.

So I would not classify 'Box Mobile for BlackBerry' as an application. It seems more and more companies come out with these glorified bookmarks and call them applications!
    The 'Box Mobile for BlackBerry' application is simply a link that
    I'm still doing ctrl + F to find the word "application" elsewhere besides in your above post. The word application isn't found within this thread or within their splash page.

I think the general consensus is that this is a "Storage Service", similar to gmail, hotmail etc except it stores files instead of emails and can also be accessed via Blackberry.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This looks great...will definitely be checking this out!!! Thanks!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I store all my ringtones on there and small misc. Files. Its great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    So basically you store your files online and you can access through your phone? Something like what the Treo does am I right? If so I always wanted something like that for my phone.

Yes, all your files are stored online and not on your phone. You can access them from anywhere if you have an internet connection.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    I store all my ringtones on there and small misc. Files. Its great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup, on the media side I was able to download ringtones that I have stored on there. Its more of a shortcut than an 'app' but the ability to share documents (on the go) is pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast