Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Gigamaster89 It's pretty sad how a couple of the past few front ... Smartphone News forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamaster89 View Post
    It's pretty sad how a couple of the past few front page news of Pinstack was dedicated to talking down on the iPhone. Somehow, I don't consider that "Boosting your Blackberry experience!"

What's wrong with them both coexisting? You can also compare the Blackberry to a microwave and say that the microwave doesn't have a full QWERTY nor any sort of messaging, period, but hey.
    You're missing the fact that Apple has marketed the 2nd Gen iPhone as a business device. Therefore, they are directly competing with RIM and therefore, comparisons are totally valid.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    I have to agree with the above comments questioning why the two devices are even being compared.

The whole "BlackBerry vs iPhone" competition wasn't started by BlackBerry nor Apple, it was started by the internet.
    I must humbly disagree here. As soon as Apple discussed getting corporate mail onto the iPhone, they started competing directly with RIM.

You are, however, completely correct in that they are two different devices. I've often said that "corporate mail access does not a business device make", but unfortunately, Apple does not agree.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I must humbly disagree here. As soon as Apple discussed getting corporate mail onto the iPhone, they started competing directly with RIM.
    What I pretty much was referring to is Apple didn't stand up and say "We are making this iPhone to take on BlackBerry head-to-head and it's a better device than BlackBerry".

Like I said, I have an iPhone and I love it. It will never take the place of the BlackBerry.

What I do like about any "competition" that RIM and Apple may get into, is that apple is setting the bar in certain areas for RIM to now come and answer back to.

IMO, iPhone 3G isn't much of an improvement over the first iPhone. However, with the MobileMe that you can include in it, that sets the bar higher for RIM to step up to the plate and add a WHOLE bunch more functionality to BB Unite.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Clearly, you make a valid point. I really believe that they are devices which should be aimed at different markets. The iPhone has a lot of great multimedia capability that RIM could really work on. Frankly, while there are improvements in the media player in the 4.5 OS release, they still don't compete with the media player on the iPhone. Same goes for user interface to a certain extent.

In the end, I really hope that RIM does see them a competition and step up to the plate.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

JNHohol no está en línea Stack level 1
    You are right about multimedia. RIM is very far behind in this category, but this is not unexpected.

Apple has the best media players and iTunes is pretty powerful too. So you would expect the iPhone to also have these qualities.

Both these devices are heading in different development paths. RIM was business oriented and now with its growing consumer base is trying to add some multimedia capabilities. IPhone on the other hand, is coming from a consumer base and is working on business development.

I won't ever use my Pearl the same way I use my iPod Nano, they are just to different and I don't want to strap my phone to my arm while I workout. But I also wouldn't want to strap on an iphone. I like keeping my music and my everything else (Pearl) separate.

With itunes sync, flipside, and adjustable EQ settings, a BlackBerry could become a very viable music player for most people, it just won't work for me.

I don't see RIM competing for video (movies) as a player though. My Pearl can't handle large movies and resets if you try to skip around in them too much. Not enough local memory.

Both are great phones, but I'll never give up my BlackBerry or an actual keyboard.

LadyJace no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I bet if it were possible...BlackBerry would be able to p*ss farther...LOL

After all...BB is "fuller" phone...hehe

hahaha I have to co sign to this one!!

BlkNerd no está en línea Stack level 1

Damn

This is why I am sticking to my BB.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    What I pretty much was referring to is Apple didn't stand up and say "We are making this iPhone to take on BlackBerry head-to-head and it's a better device than BlackBerry".

Like I said, I have an iPhone and I love it. It will never take the place of the BlackBerry.

What I do like about any "competition" that RIM and Apple may get into, is that apple is setting the bar in certain areas for RIM to now come and answer back to.

IMO, iPhone 3G isn't much of an improvement over the first iPhone. However, with the MobileMe that you can include in it, that sets the bar higher for RIM to step up to the plate and add a WHOLE bunch more functionality to BB Unite.
    Gotta agree with ya bro!

A little sweet competition never hurt anyone.

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Archer6 writes: "Recently while reading one of the latest articles on the iPhone, several “missing features” jumped out at me. The iPhones lack of:

1) Copy & Paste
    2) Mass Storage Mode
    3) Flash
    4) Java Support
    5) MMS
    6) Themes
    7) Micro SDHC Support
    8) OBEX
    9) Pin Messaging
    10) A2DP
    11) Spell Check
    12) True Multi-Tasking
    13) Speed Dial
    14) Autotext
    15) Full Qwerty Keyboard
    16) High Level Security"

[Read more]
    My microwave supports all of the above

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    I have to agree with some of the above posts. It is the consumer or internet blogs that are trying to pitch these two against each other. Of course there is going to be some overlap in what they can do. Because RIM has recently added multimedia, does that mean they are in direct competition with the iPhone? If they are smart, they will learn from each other and continue on their distinct paths while making more well-rounded devices. saying that the iPhone can't do this or that so it's no good means nothing. It does what it does very well. Buy what best suits your needs.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Everyone here makes a vaild point. I'd have to say yes they are in direct compitetion but also say that they are for a completely different demographic. I mean, in order for the iphone to be accepted in a business setting (in other words: for a company to buy them for their employees) the device would have to be crippled. O.K. well maybe not crippled but almost to ensure productivity from the employee. The iphone is meant for "fun" where the berry is clearly business. Don't get me wrong I have a great amount of "fun" with my berry, but the berry was made for business first. The iphone was made for fun with the business end as an after thought. They are to different for the iphone to be a threat to the berry.
    It still just lacks to much for me. If you talked to an iphone user they'd say the same about the berry. So I say "to each their own." I'm happy with my mobile device decision.
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 09-08-2008 at 10:21 PM.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Also...
    GREAT post archer
    Good read and very informative

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    i have aquestion does the new iphone have a replaceable battery or no?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12