Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Archer6 writes: "Recently while reading one of the latest articles on the iPhone, several “missing ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BOLD & iPhone Musings by PinStacker archer6

Advertisement

Archer6 writes: "Recently while reading one of the latest articles on the iPhone, several “missing features” jumped out at me. The iPhones lack of:

1) Copy & Paste
    2) Mass Storage Mode
    3) Flash
    4) Java Support
    5) MMS
    6) Themes
    7) Micro SDHC Support
    8) OBEX
    9) Pin Messaging
    10) A2DP
    11) Spell Check
    12) True Multi-Tasking
    13) Speed Dial
    14) Autotext
    15) Full Qwerty Keyboard
    16) High Level Security"

[Read more]

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    WOW!!!!

Nice little write up by Archer.......kudos!

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I would have to disagree with pin messaging as no other company has that either for starters!

Mms is also shifty as xx30 don't have mms either!
    Micro sd is kind of a good point ad berry comes max with 96mbs while iphone comes with far more! As much as 8gb to start.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ^5 BlackBerry.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 06-19-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    true...and i dont think bb's have flash either, a2dp works on some phones with a tweak on bb, but not on all bb phones...not mine at least...i love my curve and wudn't go for an iphone, because my purpose is professional use and iphone doesn't really cut it...but at the same time i dont think apple's products are that bad either, they do have some great products...i think its like apples and oranges...its just a matter of what ppl need and want!

dont mean to start an argument here, but just had to vent my feelings that i had for quite sometime reading forums and refrained from posting them. thanks!

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting read and good points. I still agree they can't be compared imho.

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's pretty sad how a couple of the past few front page news of Pinstack was dedicated to talking down on the iPhone. Somehow, I don't consider that "Boosting your Blackberry experience!"

What's wrong with them both coexisting? You can also compare the Blackberry to a microwave and say that the microwave doesn't have a full QWERTY nor any sort of messaging, period, but hey.

JNHohol no está en línea Stack level 1
    1) Copy & Paste
    2) Mass Storage Mode
    6) Themes
    7) Micro SDHC Support
    11) Spell Check
    12) True Multi-Tasking
    13) Speed Dial
    14) Autotext
    15) Full Qwerty Keyboard
    16) High Level Security

These are definitely things I wouldn't want to deal without.

I hope we can beat them to Flash, but there was an article in Engadget that says the iPhone is getting pretty close, if Apple lets them.

Why can't they put the Bold features in a Javelin body?

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ithink its very fair to compare,when there are forums that say the iphone is the best smartphone,and people on those sites compare the iphone 2 with the bb CURVE.not even the bold.yea ,I've had problems with my bb,s,but I still feel its the best out there.and I believe the original thread was a comparison with the iphone 2 and the bold alone. So to bring up other phones or microwaves an whatnot...

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    The iPhone can support customized themes. I know because Ive stolen icons from them to create themes for us BlackBerry users

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    RIM should hire guys like this!

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Archer6 writes: "Recently while reading one of the latest articles on the iPhone, several “missing features” jumped out at me. The iPhones lack of:

1) Copy & Paste
    2) Mass Storage Mode
    3) Flash
    4) Java Support
    5) MMS
    6) Themes
    7) Micro SDHC Support
    8) OBEX
    9) Pin Messaging
    10) A2DP
    11) Spell Check
    12) True Multi-Tasking
    13) Speed Dial
    14) Autotext
    15) Full Qwerty Keyboard
    16) High Level Security"

[Read more]
    That's what I said in response to the "Will Apple's 3G iPhone kill the Blackberry" poll, yesterday--
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccall View Post
    If I invest my hard-earned into a mobile device, it's got to do some s---.
    The lack of copy/paste, obex, a2dp, mass storage mode, spell check, password keeper, voice dialing, pin messaging, video record, flash, java support, MMS, security features, multi-tasking, speed dial, themes, autotext and micro SDHC support makes the iPhone a no-go.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I have to agree with the above comments questioning why the two devices are even being compared.

The whole "BlackBerry vs iPhone" competition wasn't started by BlackBerry nor Apple, it was started by the internet.

You have hardcore BB users who will always claim BB is best, and you have hardcore iPhone users that will always claim the iPhone and Apple products are the best.

What I do find interesting is that most people who bash the iPhone, have never used one, and most people who bash the BlackBerry have never used one.

I have stayed out of all of this, because I knew once Apple announced the new iPhone, the proverbial "online p*ssing match" would start up again between the two (just like when the original iPhone came out).

The iPhone is a nice device. It's not very practical by any means, but it's really not meant to be if you think about it.

Do I have an iPhone? Yep. Do I have a BlackBerry? Yep (Quite a few of them). Which do I consider "better"? Each is "better" than the other, just depending on what your needs for them would be.

The BlackBerry is my number 1 phone, plain and simple. But just because I own a BlackBerry and I am addicted to it and it's pretty much my "right-hand man", I am not going to sit here and bash the iPhone, because I do like the features of it as well.

I just wish everyone would get over it, iPhone lovers and BlackBerry lovers both.

Everyone has their reasons for buying the type of device that they want and that best fits their needs.

If you don't like the iPhone, don't buy one. And most importantly, if you have never used an iPhone for more than a week, then you should either use one for a week so that you get the full experience, or have better reasons for "hating" it other than just because "it's not a BlackBerry" or "Apple makes it" and you hate Apple.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    I have stayed out of all of this, because I knew once Apple announced the new iPhone, the proverbial "online p*ssing match" would start up again between the two (just like when the original iPhone came out).
    I bet if it were possible...BlackBerry would be able to p*ss farther...LOL

After all...BB is "fuller" phone...hehe
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    I just wish everyone would get over it, iPhone lovers and BlackBerry lovers both.

Everyone has their reasons for buying the type of device that they want and that best fits their needs.

If you don't like the iPhone, don't buy one. And most importantly, if you have never used an iPhone for more than a week, then you should either use one for a week so that you get the full experience, or have better reasons for "hating" it other than just because "it's not a BlackBerry" or "Apple makes it" and you hate Apple.
    I Agree and I think that we all should stop bashing it and go on. Let's all just let it go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast