Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI), the national outdoor gear and apparel retailer, and Zumobi, the innovative ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Blackberry Users Hit the Slopes: Free Snow Reports From REI and Zumobi

Advertisement

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI), the national outdoor gear and apparel retailer, and Zumobi, the innovative mobile media company, today announced the availability of the REI Snow Report, a free application that lets iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Mobile users get instant information about conditions at ski resorts and mountains in the United States, Canada, Europe and elsewhere. Available now as a free download, the REI Snow Report also provides one-touch access to REI’s website, featuring winter sports products and helpful information on recreating outdoors.

The REI Snow Report lets Smartphone and “Superphone” users (the term coined by Zumobi for the next generation of Smartphones, including iPhone, etc.) quickly select a slope and access information, including temperature; new, top and base snow depth; snow conditions; and number of open lifts. Each listing includes one-touch access to the resort’s contact information, as well as live Webcam images where available.

“When temperatures drop or snow begins to fall, enthusiasts everywhere will know which of their favorite destinations to head to for the best conditions,” said Tom Vogl, vice president of Marketing for REI. “We are committed to helping people recreate outdoors, and the REI Snow Report is a handy resource for snow lovers to access information through a quick touch on their Smartphone.”

The REI Snow Report further demonstrates The Zumobi Network’s ability to deliver engaging and highly compelling mobile experiences for brands.

“Zumobi is absolutely thrilled to be partnering with the premiere outdoor lifestyle brand on the REI Snow Report application. REI’s enduring commitment to quality is a great match with our approach to creating compelling mobile experiences for leading brands, and we’re excited to welcome them to the Zumobi Network,” said Zumobi CEO Ken Willner.

The REI Snow Report is free to users, and can be downloaded to Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices via the Zumobi website at www.Zumobi.com or from their mobile browsers at rei.zumobi.com. iPhone users can download from iPhone App Store.

via businesswire.com

*note* i downloaded and customized this on my 8220 for my son who loves to snowboard. this is really a cool app for anyone living in nor cal who goes up to the snow on the weekends! ya know when its raining here its snowing there

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    my dreams are coming true!
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

cab4564 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31905B5B
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks cherri, dling now

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That looks pretty cool, I've seen users asking for an app like this for a long time. No snow here in Phoenix, thank God, but if I decide to take a trip up to the Snow Bowl this will be cool for checking out conditions.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

BadDancer no está en línea Stack level 2
    Fantastic! Off to dl....

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    it crashed my bb... i rebooted and tried again and froze my curve out something about java unexpected error took too long..... BOOOOOO i want this lol
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

bbguy2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like the concept of a snow report on my berry, but at 1MB this app is a resource hog. It runs super slow on my 8330, hourglassess all the time and the UI is not responsive at all.

They have also overdone the graphics in my opinion.

This app was designed with the iPhone in mind and what we are getting is likely a straight port to BlackBerry. They haven't even taken into consideration that BlackBerries have different screen sizes than iPhones, so doing anything requires a painful and slow scrolling process.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    wow Cherri!!!
    great post!
    downloading right now!!
    can't wait to hit the slopes!!!!!

hmmm....
    I got an app error 200 or 208 couldn't read it well enough...
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 12-16-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    No Storm support.... Boooo!
    :)

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That looks pretty cool, I've seen users asking for an app like this for a long time. No snow here in Phoenix, thank God, but if I decide to take a trip up to the Snow Bowl this will be cool for checking out conditions.
    Hey, a fellow zoni. Definitely no snow here in Phoenix, but this rain sure is a nice change! This does look like an interesting app. Could be good for my trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    This is a must have for me because I love boarding

Thanks C!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf2598 View Post
    it crashed my bb... i rebooted and tried again and froze my curve out something about java unexpected error took too long..... BOOOOOO i want this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bbguy2 View Post
    I like the concept of a snow report on my berry, but at 1MB this app is a resource hog. It runs super slow on my 8330, hourglassess all the time and the UI is not responsive at all.

They have also overdone the graphics in my opinion.

This app was designed with the iPhone in mind and what we are getting is likely a straight port to BlackBerry. They haven't even taken into consideration that BlackBerries have different screen sizes than iPhones, so doing anything requires a painful and slow scrolling process.
    it only mentions the 81xx, 83xx and 88xx series devices as compatible, yet i downloaded it onto the flip and it was working great last night. it did lock up on me once while trying to set the custom resorts, but i rebooted and didn't have anymore issues.

Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    wow Cherri!!!
    great post!
    downloading right now!!
    can't wait to hit the slopes!!!!!

hmmm....
    I got an app error 200 or 208 couldn't read it well enough...
    you got the app error when you downloaded it or when you tried to run it?

Ok got it working it is a pretty big memory hog but it is really cool!

Be prepared to USE some memory but it is really cool
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cab4564 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31905B5B
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    Ok got it working it is a pretty big memory hog but it is really cool!

Be prepared to USE some memory but it is really cool
    I don't mind the memory so much, but the startup screen was killing me. So I headed up the mountains blindly yesterday, great idea, but needs some work, one made for blackberry (and please not by sprint) would be sick. I'll stick with infospace for now. Link here: http://www.infospace.com/info.avant/...pgtarg=funski/

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same results here....like the idea but slow and wayy too much loading for my 8300. In the amount of time it takes to load you can just go to the resort website and read their snow report. A more simple version and I would be a taker!
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-17-2008 at 08:05 PM.

cherri,
    I got the app error right after it installed.
    I rebooted my phone and loaded the program up and it worked then...
    but it is kinda slow.
    I REALLY LIKE THE APP THOUGH!! it looks really clean, I LOVE the fact that you can view 4 different resorts in real time REALLY AWESOME idea. just kind of intense on the phone.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast