View Poll Results: Since BlackBerry ownership you spend...

Voters
197. Register free to vote on this poll
  • More time with family.

27 13.71%
  • the same time with family.

101 51.27%
  • less time with family.

30 15.23%
  • Family? What's that?

39 19.80%

Via siliconrepublic.com: "Users of smartphone devices like the eponymous BlackBerry are estimated to be saving ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Blackberry users 38% efficient workers "on the move"

Advertisement

Via siliconrepublic.com: "Users of smartphone devices like the eponymous BlackBerry are estimated to be saving up to 60 minutes a day or five hours a week, according to new research. Many Irish executive are spending this time at home with family or doing exercise." Yea right!

[Read More]

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry users 38% efficient workers "on the move"

Could it be possible to add one more option? Say, 'Can't really tell'. As for for myself, I don't really keep track how much time for everything in life. An interesting poll, though. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I think its helped me by giving me more free time away from the PC I can do most things now with few 3rd party apps on my BB. So less time at work and not having to be infront of my PC at home after work. Mobility is key.

jonbw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31837B64

It saves some time and now I don't have to be concerned about missing anything important at my computer cause I can ck all email wherever I am. Actually I can check it easier as I get audio alerts and while I am on the computer I may not ck my email for a while but with bb sitting here it is a snap.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

If "time with family" is just physical time in their presence, the sure! Answer would be yes! But, I'm not so sure all the physical time is as focused as it used to be pre-Blackberry... though I was locked to my desk a lot more. So I think it might be a coin flip.

I just have to say that without this magical device I would NEVER be as successful at my job. Having the ability to give immediate answers to important inquiries from the partners of my law firm has become invaluable for my relationship with them. They know they can depend on a sppedy reply from me and really appreciate it.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

90% of my business is on the move.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Since getting my blackberry I now spend more time with my family but the quality of that time has gone down. The weighted outcome of this is better though since previously I wasn't at home with them before. The blackberry has freed me to be able to leave the office and go to wonderful locations...but then I work when I get there. Its been tradeoffs like this that I live with. All in all there have been more positives than negatives.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

The BB has certainly increased the quality time spent with my family.

Having my email come directly to me, if it's something that I wish to respond to it only takes a few moments to do so, right on the spot. This is a real time saver as before I would have to go into my work office (if there) or my home office (when at home) to get on the computer and that brought further distractions as there inevitably would be something on my desk that required attention.

In addition it has enhanced the communications with my family that lives in Italy & Germany. I encouraged them to each get a BB and now we are able to stay in closer contact much easier. In a very timely fashion as well.

Properly used, the BB has been nothing but a positive influence on my personal life.

Life without a BlackBerry?.......surely your kidding....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am spending about the same amount of time with my family now than I did before I had my BB years ago (I have had 5 different models, 11 total devices).

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

TIME! Instead of doing callbacks for appointments, means more free time to work. Anyways, who wants to play phone-tag all day.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

I think a lot of ppl answered same time with family, i think that is what we would like to believe but in reality it has to be less. Every time you get up to answer an email or check the stacks thats less time with your family. (Guilty)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800 View Post
    I think a lot of ppl answered same time with family, i think that is what we would like to believe but in reality it has to be less. Every time you get up to answer an email or check the stacks thats less time with your family. (Guilty)
    ------
    You bring up a very good point.

Here's how the BB allows me to spend _more time_ with my family. Because so much of my day is spent handling email, I no longer have to get it all done from the office. This is the tremendous advantage of a BB for me.

I am able to come home earlier, spend more time at home, and only respond to urgent Emails. Then because I can monitor email traffic from my BB wherever I'm at, I have more freedom to multitask. I can be running domestic errands while staying in touch, thereby freeing up even more quality time at home.
    It's ideal...

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I have more time to Phsyically BE with my family...but the quality isnt always there.. for example, I was at home with son today who had a temp of 101 :cry: he was so bothered by the "ping of the bb messenger I had to turn it to vibrate, and other days the kids will look at me and say "mom could you please take the phone off your ear?" lol
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

mattman_4444 no está en línea Stack level 1

not me

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i usually try to krrp my bb on phone only when im with my family, so about the same
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter