~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried the software on sbs2003 and vista ultimate x64.neither of the installs ... Smartphone News forum
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried the software on sbs2003 and vista ultimate x64.neither of the installs completed, install crashes on creation of bbunite db in sql express 2005. In others this software sucks a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIM WTH is this crap??????
What are your reasons?
Originally Posted by nautis
if you go to the blackberry forums for unite...it seems as RIM has had many angry callers about this app...i still haven't got my internet browser back...after a JL wipe and 2 handheld wipes and reinstallation of OS, an hour on the phone will tmo bb support...still the same...about to try again...
Wow in the begining of this thread BBunite sounded great. Glad I kept reading
i wish i had went over to the other bb sites...but i finally got everything straightened out!! what a PITA!
guys dont take this the wrong way but the installation requirements are:
Microsoft Internet Explorer® version 6.0• BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 smartphone
BlackBerry device BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.3 or later. BlackBerry
Device Software versions 4.0 to 4.2.1 are supported with reduced
functionality. You can use BlackBerry smartphones, including:
• BlackBerry® Curve™ 8300 smartphone
• BlackBerry® 8800 smartphone
The other issue I had was after I installed the app on my pc, I cant launch the web admin part. Here is the address:
My pc doesnt recogonize the link address??? Does anyone have a solution?
Originally Posted by HeavyComponent
I, too, was looking forward to this since I sync several computers, but I will still with BES and Exchange Mail.
- Once the software is on your blackberry, there is no way to remove it. Even a wipe will not remove it
- This will also set an IT policy which BIS users have never had to deal with - the policy killed my bluetooth sync which was only holding on for dear life after tricking windows into believing I had a non Widcomm stick. The IT policy will not be removed by wiping
- The Windows software itself is a memory hog. Take a look at how many services are now running dedicated to this tool. Well over 100MB of RAM even when turned off (the services continue to run in the background
- The support at the BB site is awful. The site to show you how to uninstall the software tells you how to navigate to the windows control panel application uninstaller. LOL! There is no documentation on how to remove this from your Blackberry - if anyone finds any, please post it
so does anyone know how to get the browser back? i uninstalled the program and resent my service books several times and still no browser.
I uninstalled it simply because it uses Internet Explorer and won't use Firefox. I still have the Unite Browser on my BB but went back into the settings and changed it back to Internet Browser.
BlackBerry Unite! is now available for North American Download!
Originally Posted by hayden
I had trouble with this already .. i installed it experimenting with it and then i had to wipe my phone ..
How does this thing truly work ?
Does my computer have to be on wifi or something ?
Here is a link to help you guys remove the IT policy from your BB's.
i removed the IT policy that blocks the browser by using JL_Cmder to reset my device to factory settings. what a hassle.
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
DO NOT INSTALL THIS CRAP!. Hope whoever installs this, I hope your on BES, because this is the only thing that can save you from the pain and struggle. Bes overrides unite
BB8900 is mine!
yeah, this is crap. couldn't sync anything. browser works but i told it not to use the unite browser in the setup. need to make a sync button and allow for individual user info. very hard to completely remove from blackberry
Tags for this Thread