Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried the software on sbs2003 and vista ultimate x64.neither of the installs ... Smartphone News forum

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried the software on sbs2003 and vista ultimate x64.neither of the installs completed, install crashes on creation of bbunite db in sql express 2005. In others this software sucks a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIM WTH is this crap??????

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by nautis View Post
    Don't install this. You will be very sorry.
    What are your reasons?

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    if you go to the blackberry forums for unite...it seems as RIM has had many angry callers about this app...i still haven't got my internet browser back...after a JL wipe and 2 handheld wipes and reinstallation of OS, an hour on the phone will tmo bb support...still the same...about to try again...

Ksea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246bd335
    Wow in the begining of this thread BBunite sounded great. Glad I kept reading

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    i wish i had went over to the other bb sites...but i finally got everything straightened out!! what a PITA!

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55
    guys dont take this the wrong way but the installation requirements are:
    [FONT=AnversRg-Regular][FONT=AnversRg-Regular]
    Microsoft Internet Explorer® version 6.0
    BlackBerry device BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.3 or later. BlackBerry
    Device Software versions 4.0 to 4.2.1 are supported with reduced
    functionality. You can use BlackBerry smartphones, including:
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8300 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® 8800 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 smartphone
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55
    The other issue I had was after I installed the app on my pc, I cant launch the web admin part. Here is the address:
    http://localhost:8080/unite/
    My pc doesnt recogonize the link address??? Does anyone have a solution?

nautis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    What are your reasons?
    • Once the software is on your blackberry, there is no way to remove it. Even a wipe will not remove it
    • This will also set an IT policy which BIS users have never had to deal with - the policy killed my bluetooth sync which was only holding on for dear life after tricking windows into believing I had a non Widcomm stick. The IT policy will not be removed by wiping
    • The Windows software itself is a memory hog. Take a look at how many services are now running dedicated to this tool. Well over 100MB of RAM even when turned off (the services continue to run in the background
    • The support at the BB site is awful. The site to show you how to uninstall the software tells you how to navigate to the windows control panel application uninstaller. LOL! There is no documentation on how to remove this from your Blackberry - if anyone finds any, please post it
    I, too, was looking forward to this since I sync several computers, but I will still with BES and Exchange Mail.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    so does anyone know how to get the browser back? i uninstalled the program and resent my service books several times and still no browser.

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    I uninstalled it simply because it uses Internet Explorer and won't use Firefox. I still have the Unite Browser on my BB but went back into the settings and changed it back to Internet Browser.

macjason0607 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24542fe7

BlackBerry Unite! is now available for North American Download!

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Millions of people around the world have come to love the BlackBerry solution – it’s the ultimate tool to keep you connected while you’re on the go. And now you can bring the benefits of the BlackBerry solution home or to your office – for free!
    BlackBerry Unite! software helps you coordinate and keep in touch with your family and provides access to files on your home computer while you’re out. Or, use it in your small office to coordinate and collaborate with coworkers and keep business running smoothly. With BlackBerry Unite! software, you can stay connected to the people that matter most – while still enjoying all the great features BlackBerry smartphones have to offer!

It’s the complete wireless solution for your home or small office.

Take a Tour
    Learn More[Read More]
    Ok ...

I had trouble with this already .. i installed it experimenting with it and then i had to wipe my phone ..

How does this thing truly work ?

Does my computer have to be on wifi or something ?

Thanks

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Here is a link to help you guys remove the IT policy from your BB's.

http://www.removeblackberrypolicy.com/directions2.htm

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    so does anyone know how to get the browser back? i uninstalled the program and resent my service books several times and still no browser.
    i removed the IT policy that blocks the browser by using JL_Cmder to reset my device to factory settings. what a hassle.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    DO NOT INSTALL THIS CRAP!. Hope whoever installs this, I hope your on BES, because this is the only thing that can save you from the pain and struggle. Bes overrides unite
    BB8900 is mine!

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yeah, this is crap. couldn't sync anything. browser works but i told it not to use the unite browser in the setup. need to make a sync button and allow for individual user info. very hard to completely remove from blackberry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast