Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Yea I loaded and then remove it as well.... I would only need it for ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #31
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Advertisement



    Yea I loaded and then remove it as well.... I would only need it for my pictures and docs and stuff. But it a little goofy and doesnt sync contacts on you bb like the BES does. It just adds on top of them
    BB8900 is mine!

  2. #32
    jay_man33's Avatar
    jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Posts
    272
    Found on (sorry...) on another site!

    "The idea behind the software is very neat. The content sharing and syncing is similar to a BES. One of my favorite parts is like a BES you can restrict what users do. I have my phone completely blocked down so I couldn't receive incoming calls or use any third party applications. NOW WARNING! If you install this application MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE as you will have to do a hard reset to remove the Unite! software from your device when finished (unless you want to keep it on?). It works just like a BES server and locks your security IT polices in place until reseted."
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-09-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: text editing
    Best of Luck!

    JM
    301DFD64



  3. #33
    jay_man33's Avatar
    jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Posts
    272
    I'll need some more convincing before I jump on board.

    I've got an SD Card and File Lock, blah blah-- I've got all the room to store content there.

    Feel free to update me on this Unite!
    Best of Luck!

    JM
    301DFD64



  4. #34
    kkwus74's Avatar
    kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_man33 View Post
    Found on (sorry...) on another site!

    "The idea behind the software is very neat. The content sharing and syncing is similar to a BES. One of my favorite parts is like a BES you can restrict what users do. I have my phone completely blocked down so I couldn't receive incoming calls or use any third party applications. NOW WARNING! If you install this application MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE as you will have to do a hard reset to remove the Unite! software from your device when finished (unless you want to keep it on?). It works just like a BES server and locks your security IT polices in place until reseted."
    How do you get back the blackberry browser...not unite browser?......i even did a wipe but when i resend service books,my borwser still didnt show up...it says no brower configurantions,but when i check my service books,the service books for the browser is there......
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-09-2008 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #35
    mosammey's Avatar
    mosammey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    How do you get back the blackberry browser...not unite browser?......i even did a wipe but when i resend service books,my borwser still didnt show up...it says no brower configurantions,but when i check my service books,the service books for the browser is there......


    I would like to know the same thing!....i have no clue on how to find the jl_cmdr

  6. #36
    kkwus74's Avatar
    kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Posts
    1,106
    do you need JL_cmdr?.........cant we just got to security settings and wipe the device?

  7. #37
    chatster18's Avatar
    chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Posts
    1,121
    If its a true IT policy it will still remain after a device wipe. You would need to (atleast on BES) do a full wipe with IT policy removal....
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

  8. #38
    kkwus74's Avatar
    kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Posts
    1,106
    ok.....sorry....but how do you do a full wipe?Thanks......

  9. #39
    jayeazy1981's Avatar
    jayeazy1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    25894b5c
    Posts
    50
    i just intall it on my loptop and its running on my Blackberry pearl. Now Im unable to use th browser, its said it has ITPolicies. how do i get the it to work? is there a way to remove the policie?
    jay

  10. #40
    CybaCowboy's Avatar
    CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    But it a little goofy and doesnt sync contacts on you bb like the BES does. It just adds on top of them
    If it doesn't do two-way contacts synchronization (wirelessly), then I'm giving up already - this is the primary feature I was hoping to get in BlackBerry Unite!

    I may as well just look at a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)...



    ~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

  11. #41
    tschweitzer's Avatar
    tschweitzer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    I was getting the IT Policy error also, but I found it was just when I was using bookmarks or history. When I typed in something new I didn't get the error it worked liked it is supposed to.

  12. #42
    emte's Avatar
    emte no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17

    Funny Americans

    I know some people like new apps but something that is obviously oriented towards the moronic Canadian market ....

    Everyone knows that Canadians pay stupidly high data rates still ($25 for 4Mb/mo base rate!), I image that enough of Bell's customers (myself included) have complained about certain features they have locked out. It seems that Bell's fix of choice is Unite!, so far it works decently with the other BB devices.

    For the rest of the computers/devices/phones/etc I have my Funambol server.

    Note:
    The 4.3 Desktop Manager negates some of the features provided by Unite!, but anyone using Desktop Manager 4.2 or older may see the benifits such as file transfering via USB.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •