Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by sn1p3r maybe the new 9xxx series Exactly! I think RIM is pregnant ... Smartphone News forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    maybe the new 9xxx series
    Exactly! I think RIM is pregnant and we should expect this in about 40 weeks lol

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Blackberry to launch 3G BlackBerry

~via BB Pearl~
    Thanx for the heads up Hayden I was waiting for the 8320 to come out in Sept. But now I may have to hold out for this puppy =D

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i cant wait till early next year. im verrrry excite,

changd82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B06B0E

the only company that offers full 3g is helio. helio has nice phones, but nothing compared to the blackberry. cant wait!!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

From what I hear tmo also has 3g in limited areas; don't know why they wouldn't just do like at&t and at least to it in the larger cities...

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

AT&T has 3G, T-Mo right now is still either developing or beta testing their 3G in certain areas.

Sprint and Verizon have 3G virtually everywhere due to their EVDO network. It is more like 2.75G since EVDO is still limited in comparison to HSDPA in that it can't do voice and data at the same time, plus the upside of EVDO is more limited vs HSDPA.
    It is more widespread in terms of number of towers deployed vs the GSM side, but if AT&T gets over its iPhone lovefest and gets back to 3G tower deployments & upgrades and T-Mo gets their system up and running, look out...
    Last edited by sigmamason; 07-13-2007 at 06:03 PM.
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I used to be with sprint about 8 months ago and I remember that they had 3G coverage and I know that verizon also has 3G in my area also. That was one reason I was very hesitant to leave Sprint and go to T-Mobile, I still am not that happy with EDGE but its ok cause my Pearl makes up for it and the curve will also when it comes to T-Mobile.

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2
    And watch verizon will be the very lastone on the train and get this unit 40 years behind the power curve. Love the service but what good does it do to have great service and outdated equipment. Hope iPhone has changed to game for verizon

jax80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f8b97f

Quote Originally Posted by bafil
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I used to be with sprint about 8 months ago and I remember that they had 3G coverage and I know that verizon also has 3G in my area also. That was one reason I was very hesitant to leave Sprint and go to T-Mobile, I still am not that happy with EDGE but its ok cause my Pearl makes up for it and the curve will also when it comes to T-Mobile.
    Same for me...left Sprint....hate not having EVDO -- loved my Slingplayer via the Treo ....but the Pearl is so much better as a phone than the Treo (so just need to be patient)

CarBob no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Blackberry to launch 3G BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    A Research In Motion executive confirms 3G BlackBerry!

Chris Ting, a RIM technical account manager told ZDNet that the handset manufacturer has a BlackBerry mobile e-mail device "in development" for the high speed 3G network.

The mobile e-mail device is expected to debut early next year. "They want it to have all the bells and whistles: GPS, Wi-Fi -- but it's still in development and that could all change," Ting said. The BlackBerry is expected to offer speeds of around 3.6Mbps.

Via zdnet
    Thanks Hayden,

Could this be the notorious 'PAPA BEAR' ?

We will all just have to be patient and wait !!

CB
    NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT!

bacco007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039b560

Telstra (Australia) have requested the 3G Blackberry as a replacement for their CDMA Berries.

At the moment, Telstra a running 3 concurrent networks - CDMA, GSM and 3G (Which they call NextG).

The NextG network will replace CDMA in 2008, however the NextG Network runs on 850 (Similar to AT&T and a Canadian Mobile Telco) - the 8707v runs on 2100 from memory which suits the Australian market for Vodafone and Optus.

There is a large number of CDMA Berry users who next hyear would have found themselves up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Telstra dont tend to have a history of crippling devices (however there are some exceptions, imode and Mobile loop)

Wangta no está en línea Stack level 2

I'd love this - hopefully it will work in Korea. So far, only the 8707 works here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12