Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by mjwood0 Sadly, in our supply and demand society, money seems to rule ... Smartphone News forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Sadly, in our supply and demand society, money seems to rule all. That's one of the best part of PinStack. While people are definitely are biased, there are so many people on here debating things that you can generally get a good overall understanding of something.

I haven't had cable for over 5 years and I really don't miss the commercials or news one bit! And I can keep informed just fine with only the internet.
    No CABLE??

How do you survive? If I didn't have my cable I could buy a Storm and take all the time in the world to send my emails.... LoL
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Lol.

I actually had someone at work ask me, after telling them that I didn't have cable, "What does all your furniture point at if not the TV?"

In my opinion, it's a sad day when we all become consumed with whatever the television stations are putting on the airwaves (and the associated commercials). People are actually scheduling their real lives around TV shows about fake people's lives.

Anyway, not to get totally sidetracked! I'll get off my weird soapbox!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I haven't had cable for over 5 years and I really don't miss the commercials or news one bit! And I can keep informed just fine with only the internet.
    You know the Stackers are not going to let that one slip through.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    BlackBerry Storm, not Strom. Back to the matter at hand, this is nothing but a hit job from a publication that is notorious for just that. This isn't a review of the device, heck he didn't get past typing, he admits that. He didn't like the device before he saw it. This is no surprise coming from this guy.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For those who may not be familiar with who David Pogue is, I can tell you that he's Apple's secret weapon. The James Bond of AppleLand.

He is the "only" journalist to be given a look at the iPhone before it's debut. Then to take it a step further, behind closed doors he was allowed to use the iPhone so the very moment it was released, he could write a glowing report about the phone that "would change the way we communicate".

In fact he and Steve Jobs are fast friends. A very long time Apple Evangelist, Pogue has a long history of sucking up to Apple and writing glowing reports about Apple products, no matter what the facts are. Each year when MacWorld San Francisco rolls around he's already seen whatever the "secret product" is that is about to be unveiled on stage by Jobs. He is a one man talking Apple commercial. So that my friends are the facts as I know them. No guessing, no golly gee wiz, but cold hard facts of who this man is and the role he plays.

Therefore it's no surprise that the article he's written is quite critical of the Storm. The very presence of our new BlackBerry Storm makes Jobs sweat bullets. You will notice that I did not say our Superior Storm, better than the iPhone. Why? Because at the heart of the Storm is the famous BlackBerry functionality which is focused first and foremost on communications, not fun, or games or movies. It's a smartphone... get it?

Whereas the iPhone is an entertainment device first and foremost. Let's face it, the fact that it lacks so many of the essential basics (cut & paste, on and on) is proof positive that it's still aimed at a target market different from the focal point of the Storm. While closer now than ever, as the Storm is indeed a touch screen phone, there is still enough of a difference for the Storm to be wildly successful if public acceptance is what RIM expects it to be. After all, texting alone is a reason to choose the Storm over the iPhone.

All the specifics aside, the bottom line is simply this. Apple is on generation 2 of the iPhone, and has had time to refine it. RIM is a generation behind. Give them time and the scales may tilt in favor of the Storm, then Jobs and Apples worst fears will have come true.

Cheers...
    I agree with a lot of what you have to say, but I totally disagree with your contention that the Iphone is an entertainment device first and foremost vrs Blackberrys being business devices. It just isn't true. You mention the lack of essential basics (cut and paste, on and on). HAHAHAHA, what the hell is on and on?
    The Iphone does everything the Blackberry does and more (on and on) except copy and paste, and copy and paste is not the definition of a business device. Blackberry does exchange mail better, Most of the time, but the Iphone does a lot of other things better, including on and on. OK, I'll stop beating the on and on joke to death, but I think you get that message.
    The two devices, well depends on which Blackberry you compare the Iphone to, the Bold or the Storm, are getting closer to each other. I don't think the Storm is THE comparison, just because it is a touch screen. I don't think touchscreen is the most important thing, although I think Iphone does it better.
    I think this "battle" will go on for a long time. I've used both and am sure I will go on using both in the future. It's Iphone for me at the moment, but that could easily go back and forth in the future.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Lol.

I actually had someone at work ask me, after telling them that I didn't have cable, "What does all your furniture point at if not the TV?"

In my opinion, it's a sad day when we all become consumed with whatever the television stations are putting on the airwaves (and the associated commercials). People are actually scheduling their real lives around TV shows about fake people's lives.

Anyway, not to get totally sidetracked! I'll get off my weird soapbox!
    A very weird soapbox, indeed!!!
    BTW........ What does all your furniture point at?????

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I simply stated the facts.

All three of these phones are significant accomplishments. Given the fact that the Bold and Storm are both first generation devices, and the iPhone 3G is second generation, it benefits from the time spent in the hands of the public. This has provided Apple priceless feedback so as to make the iPhone 3G better than the original.
    LOL! how could you even say that?

the storm is a first gen.. whoop dee doo. i don't remember the g1 iphone having so many regretful owners.

plus.. that crack about apple learning from their mistakes from the g1 and having the time to make it better.. IT TOOK RIM TWO RELEASES OF THE IPHONE TO FINALLY LAND THEIR "KILLER" TOUCHSCREEN DEVICE. seriously, how much time do you need to copy and top a device?! given that much time, they STILL couldn't get it right! AND they still "rushed" it out!

if you really think about it, just about every new touchscreen device is somewhat based off of the iphone. that's why every new touchscreen device is being dubbed "iphone killer" this and that. yet all have failed.

yes.. the storm is a g1. but by the time the storm reaches g2, the iphone will be g3. then nothing would have changed.

i'll admit, i'm an apple hugger, but i don't intend to ever own an iphone. i just wish blackberry would stop trying to "kill" the iphone. just build a great device according to them, don't rush, check thoroughly, and let the people's opinions do the killing.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Hater!

zeze22 no está en línea Stack level 1

eh?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeberry View Post
    lol the articl writer you should check his other articles before defending and i have i phone and a storm in front of me rater the storm than the i phone the i is sexy as hell but after fun and cosmetics thats all its not faster than a vw storm running evdo better yet its not as fast as my sprint 8130 running evdo lol great for music and movies but phone leaves alot to be cried about cant lie i like it but will stick with rim and by the way iphone and iphone 3g were buggy from the first to for sum the sixth month so no go on that and the bold was stated by most to be the most buggy smartphone ever releases

thats my 2 cents holla!

...eh?

Vygann no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    At the risk of being flamed here. I have to agree. I was totally confused
    The first 10 minutes as to how to operate the devise. Its not
    At all intuitive. The Keyboard is hardwork and just when you think
    You've pressed the keys!! Nothing happens; it only lights up!
    I had a 1st gen iPhone the first day of release after giving up my
    Trusty BB 8700c(which still works BTW). Anyway got my hands on a bold
    And love it. Trackball atnot so much) Anyway. Much easier to type on
    IPhonethan Storm and Bold is much easier to type with than either
    Device. I did a type test woth another person on the bold to see
    Which is faster. The person typing on the storm couldn't even get
    Close to my WPM or even finish typing the small paragraph we were
    Testing. Similarly, most people who came up to the storm were
    Similarly confused! Pogue is telling the truth on this one.
    Storm needs some major fixing to be ready for primetime. My simple
    Solution. iPod touch for entertainment, BB bold for phone, texting,
    Email, and light internet use. Peace everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah Apple is just scared . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jthomas001 no está en línea Stack level 1

I Agree!!!

I don't think David had a bad day, is angry, or any of the above. I told it how it is. I'm a long time BB owner, and I laughed when I picked this thing up. Listen up RIM, Samsung, LG, and everyone else who missed the train years ago, and should've been paying attention to consumers instead of feeding there grubby little hands. Apple builds software. They have been for years!! Their a computer company?! Why on earth do all these guys think they can create, build design, or think of applications and software the way Apple does?!?! Apple has been the go to software for creative minds for years! Now that media is at the forefront, everyone wants a piece. Well, in my opinion, if you wanna play ball, offers something the iPhone doesn't. It goes to show, esp over at Verizon, you have a bunch of old, out of touch suits that just don't have a clue lol Verizon is so greedy they lost their chance, and are now rushing out using Blackberry, which in my opinion, is the only other phone developer that could create something as hyped as the iphone given their history. It's a shame Verizon pushed them to this b/c they know how bad they screwed up passing on the iphone. Just my opinon

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    This is just too bad for RIM!
    1. Delayed Bold
    2. Pitifull flip phone
    3. Verizon exclusive?!?!
    4. Terrible, overhyped Storm
    Its been a bad year huh?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    You can only judge a phone by using it for some time. A 2 min trial in a shop is no where near enough.

Have a storm and typing getting faster after the first day.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pchukwura no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not a touchscreen fan, but using it a few times... I think my biggest complaint is the slowness. Owning a curve, and using the Bold frequently, it's just not the speedy BB experience I love when it comes to doing some tasks.

I believe a few software updates will make this phone more solid.

Maybe a future touch + qwerty keyboard (palm like form factor) BlackBerry would be a nice introduction to their lineup ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast