Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i was going to jump ship to go to verizon and be a proud owner ... Smartphone News forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

Advertisement

i was going to jump ship to go to verizon and be a proud owner of the blackberry storm. but watching tons of review and video footage. the user interface looks a bit sluggish. now i own ipod touch and a iphone, and i'm currently a blackberry curve user. i'm looking forward to buy the javeline now. bold is nice, but its just too bolky like the 8830's. curve is perfect!
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Spinning hourglasses seem to be a plague on most of RIM's handsets with newer OSes. Considering how much cheaper processors and RAM are now (compared to what they once were) you'd think they'd just spend some extra bucks and slap something in there that would burn rubber instead of spin glass. The end user experience would be so much better and instead of people saying they really liked the phone but...the sentence could just end with they really liked the phone.

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is kinda depressing! Once again, RIM can't launch a device on-time. And although there has been no "official" date given, all the chatter online and at my local VZW store was for Nov 17th. I was really hoping to see an announcement this Monday. It would be far better for RIM to stop the "leaks" and just every so often give us broad outlines with no timelines for upcoming products. We'd all be happy to know something new is coming, and then 2 weeks before, announce the day and actually begin selling it on that date. That would work nicely.

I also agree with an earlier poster that some features should be across the board BlackBerry features, on all carriers. They should all have Wi-Fi and fully enabled GPS. That's my 2 cents.
    My BB History: 7510>7520>7100>7100t>7130c>8700c>8100>8300>8310>81 30>8330>9530>9630

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by skicson View Post
    In my very humble opinion, they shouldn't start selling it until it's *really* ready.
    Yup my thoughts also.

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF
    oh well...it hurts that i have to wait but i would rather have a great working device than one i cant use efficiently

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't want it before it's ready, but I'm just so excited to "feel" the clickscreen myself
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

What a commotion over the Storm!

I feel badly for RIM right now too, but it goes to show that if you rush the production of a device, then you're going to give out one that doesn't work to par, so to speak.

But, like a couple others have said, it would have been better to get it right FIRST, then announce a possible release date. But that's ok, too.

I just hope that, when it does eventually hit the big markets, and people start using it, that it doesn't blow the 3G connections like the IPhone did, cos too many people used it at the same time.

All i can say at this point is, lets see what happens, and hopefully it will be a breakthrough piece of wonderful technology for us guys out there.
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I hope they get everything pretty much figured out before the release, I'm still ready for it...
    -Josh

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    Hayden thanks for the update. As a ATT customer (soon to be former) the storm looks promising. So much, come February I will be switching to Verizon.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jaceh no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    With all the marketing for the Storm they better get it right other wise iphone is going to have a good laugh.

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is better for RIM to delay the launch for a better working product. Consumers often forget the disappointment of the wait when they have an awesome product in their hands. I just wonder if all the Storm chasers will now pull their Curves off of eBay...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Will be getting the Storm for sure, it is going to be December at the earliest for Telus up here in Canada anyway. Will keep using my trusty Curve until then.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    i would think that for RIM to showcase a device a highly recognized conference, that they would put the best version of the device and the most stable OS on the device that they had.

This is looking like there is some turmoil inside RIM about the products and the new OS versions.

Anyone else starting to see cracks in the quality coming out?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceh View Post
    With all the marketing for the Storm they better get it right other wise iphone is going to have a good laugh.
    No matter how the Storm arrives, Apple will not have anything to laugh at. I have owned the original iPhone and now I have the iPhone 3G and I'm not going to say anything bad about them, because there is no bad. It simply is what it is. There are many issues and yet it is a good phone that Apple is working to improve.

But a BlackBerry killer? Hardly...someone is dreaming.

Cheers

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    i would think that for RIM to showcase a device a highly recognized conference, that they would put the best version of the device and the most stable OS on the device that they had.
    Yes, I agree.
    However it's much more complex than many realize. Looks easy from the outside, but it's not. Competition is keen and it's about getting to market as soon as possible, despite all odds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast