Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've Been Threw 8 Bb's And One Iphone.....had The Iphone For One Week And Sold ... Smartphone News forum

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3

Advertisement

I've Been Threw 8 Bb's And One Iphone.....had The Iphone For One Week And Sold It To Get An 8800.....the Iphone Is Good, But Not Betta Then The Blackberry......push E-mail Couldnt Be Any Easier......dont You Agree Folks...lol

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    seen 3 iphones not impressed
    rim should go for th 3d stuff ect and should go linux besides tey migh have to sun is going to drop java in a few years

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Yes, iPhone has several forum's out there, many that are very educational just like Pinstack...however, they aren't as strong since the phone hasn't been out there that long.

The iPhone and BB are apples and oranges....when the rest of the consumers see that, then there will be no more competition.

Some people want media devices and some want "functional" devices....and both the iphone and the bb "interlock" and offer a little of each....to each their own....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
    Until Apple can compete with RIM on the corporate level I just see the iPhone as a nice trendy gimmick.
    excellent point, couldn't agree with you more.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Gotta agree. Thats the main point I tell my superiors each day at work when they question why I dont sell as many iPhones as my Co-workers. I straight up tell em I'm sorry it is what it is. I just don't feel right in selling something i can't 100% back up myself and see using in a daily life. If you want to fire me so be it. I probably sell about maybe 10% of the iPhones in our store a month. If they come to me with a iPhone I'll sell it, if they dont see the Blackberry way lol..

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    i just hope rim's oS relase kicks their butt. ha ha

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Ditto for me. As much as I love my MBP, Airports, iPod, etc, I love my red Curve. Even if the iPhone does come out with 3G, WiFi and GPS and enterprise email, I think I'll stick with my BB.

Though, I do think RIM needs to step it up to stay competitive. I would LOVE to see a BB with 3G, WiFi and GPS...and better/native Mac compatibility. Please don't make touchpad BB's. Ever.

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    I hope RIM isn't as arrogant as most of you here about the Blackberry Vs. iPhone.

I have an 8800, so my choice should be clear, but my mind can scarcely comprehend the size of the absolute pwnage the iPhone's web browser puts on the blackberry.

The Blackberry browser is just barely adequate, to be very, very kind. Oh, sure, we can all name thousands of other phones that are worse, but that doesn't make the Blackberry browser good. It is awkward as hell, and slow. It renders a lot of pages extremely poorly, resulting in an endless and innavigable columnar void with small vertical blocks of image and text that should be going horizontal.

The iPhone, on the otherhand, would have a nearly perfect browsing experience if it had flash capability. How long do you really think that will take?

I hope you picked up from the article that there is a market shift going on here, and that new segment of consumers doesn't give a crap about many of the things that make the Blackberry great as much as they do the web browser.

You all know the good points of the blackberry, or you wouldn't be here, so I'm not going to waste my time on that. I will just say that three of the biggest reasons I have a blackberry are the physical qwerty keyboard, GPS, and running countless Java apps.

But seriously if RIM starts thinking like you do that their product is superior in all ways and untouchable, they will start circling the drain as they get left behind. I think that is pretty much what happened to Sony's once mighty portable music player division.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Ha sony just couldnt keep up with the competition. Ive own their music players and dont think their that great at all

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    very informative. thanks for the share. long live RIM.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrumentality View Post

I hope you picked up from the article that there is a market shift going on here, and that new segment of consumers doesn't give a crap about many of the things that make the Blackberry great as much as they do the web browser.
    i cannot help but agree with you on this one we have seen the market shift here on pinstack ... just by the number of people who buy blackberry but do not add the 'bb data plan'. they are thinking the cheap cell data plan their cell phone company offers would be adequate. those consumers also fall under the 'i can check my email when i want, i don't need it pushed to my phone' category push email isn't as big to them as the hard core bb users. and while the browser is adequate, it isn't a feature that is AS important to me as getting my emails on time, all in one MOBILE place
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-28-2008 at 02:32 AM.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    an 'interesting' take on the article, from MacDailyNews.com

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/17108/

MacDailyNews Take: There are too many iPhone developers working with an excellent iPhone SDK with access to a $100 million (and that's just the initial amount) venture capital fund for RIM to adequately compete. RIM is already getting killed; just look at the market share that iPhone 1.0 has already taken. RIM will continue to lose market share to Apple regardless of the number of fake iPhones based on old technology that RIM rolls out. As with the iPod, the only real "iPhone Killer" is the next-gen Apple iPhone.

niran77@hotmail no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e74768
    Having Iphone is like inviting problems over anything else. Perhaps steve jobs, thought he could make mobile phone users switch fast to iphone just because he knew Blackberry was not playing a game, so he might have rushed into production without properly mitigating the errors.

Blackberry Rules.

If RIM is loosing the market share, what it needs to do is to create a hype regarding the fake Iphones. What it also can do is find exceptional utility of Blackberry through incorporation of useful and powerful softwares. RIM should be able to make people addicted to Blackberry and that way it can apply 80/20 rule.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821
    Im Blackberry for life. I was way impressed by the Pearl when I first got it. so much so I went and bought a Curve and gave the Pearl to my wife. I will never buy apple again, It seems like whenever you buy their product they have a new one coming out in a few weeks, so just like all those sheep that waited outside their local ATT wireless stores for the new Iphone last summer to shell out $600, found out that if they just waited a month or so it would only be $400... poor saps no 3G either. My next BB will be a 3G but until then nothing replaces my Curve. HOOKED on CRACKBERRY
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think if anything Apple has lit a fire to create and innovate for competition in the smart phone market. When it comes down to it the BB is a better smart phone and the iPhone is just a multimedia phone. But if the iPhone didn't come around RIM might now be putting any emphasis on the new OS or even the new models for that matter. I still choose a BB as i can't text, email or instant message on the iPhone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast