Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

STEVE JOBS, Apple’s chief executive and field general, has Napoleonic dreams of global conquest for ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

BlackBerry’s Quest: Fend Off the iPhone

Advertisement

STEVE JOBS, Apple’s chief executive and field general, has Napoleonic dreams of global conquest for his 10-month-old wonder gadget, the iPhone. So it may be fitting that he’s encountering his most serious resistance in a city called Waterloo.

That is where, 70 miles west of Toronto in Ontario, 19 nondescript, low-rise office buildings comprise the headquarters of Research In Motion, maker of the BlackBerry.

R.I.M. is the North American leader in building smartphones, those versatile handsets that operate more like computers than phones. But R.I.M. may have trouble dominating the market’s next phase. Once the exclusive domain of e-mail-obsessed professionals, smartphones are now prized by consumers who want easy access to the Web, digital music and video even more than an omnipresent connection to their in-boxes.

read more: here

source: NYTimes

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Very interesting....i think ill stick with my berry for now...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks for the advance heads up on this article.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Now I see why RIM is being very careful of the proucts and OS's that they release to the public. The last thing they need right now is to jump the gun and realease a product with all types of flaws on it. They must be triple checking everything to make sure that when we get it, it'll be a solid step forward.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anybody wonder what RIM would do without all the incredible BlackBerry web sites like PinStack (and a multitude of others) and the legion of supporters who are essentially doing customer/technical support for them?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycarter View Post
    Does anybody wonder what RIM would do without all the incredible BlackBerry web sites like PinStack (and a multitude of others) and the legion of supporters who are essentially doing customer/technical support for them?
    So true. IS there a website like Pinstack dedicated to I Phones users, I mean besides Apple, or the I Phone tech support site?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good article, Cherri. Thanks. I usually check the technical section of the N Y Times but I missed this one - can't get em all.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Yeah nothing spectacular about the I phone. I love my blackberry. The blackberry is the most superior. As long as they do what theyve been doing then we are okay! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Until Apple can compete with RIM on the corporate level I just see the iPhone as a nice trendy gimmick.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Thanks, good article. Very informative.

ddennis69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    wahts more important, having all the bells and whistles that get outdated, and one upped, or having a reliable hand held that you know that yo can rely on?

iPhone and it's clones, are too gimmicky for me. If I need to watch T.V. I have several of them at home, I have my mp3 player, etc. I don't need a 50 in 1 swiss army cell in my pocket waiting to crash because it gets overloaded.

Long live the Berry!

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm a MAC user. I have an Ipod, but I will never buy the Iphone... I love BlackBerry and I love Pinstack.

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    I will be looking forward to the new berry.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Google's "Android" runs Linux?

Now THAT changes everything!

Research in Motion (RIM) should look towards Linux also, if they value security as much as they claim, considering it is unquestionably one of (if not THE) most secure operating systems in the world...

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm a MAC user. I have an Ipod, but I will never buy the Iphone... I love BlackBerry and I love Pinstack.
    Couldn't agree more :-D

I'm all Mac, aside my extensive collection of BlackBerry devices. I would never purchase an iphone. And if you handed me one for free, I'd go straight to ebay with it, and use my newly aquired cash to buy a new 8820.

But, that's just me.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast