Its amazing how a few television Ads featuring iPhone's 3rd party Apps can influence the ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry owners suffer apps envy? I don't, but I'm not the avg consumer.

Advertisement

Its amazing how a few television Ads featuring iPhone's 3rd party Apps can influence the masses into the belief that BlackBerry lacks 3rd party apps. I'm can't say I agree 100% on this latest buzz described in the below article, far from it, but I have to agree that the iPhone has been receiving a HOST of 3rd party apps recently in a very publicized manner. On the other hand, I've been enjoying hundreds of free BlackBerry Apps for many years, not to mention the paid apps.

Kudus to Apple though, for spreading the "belief" that other platforms should be envyous. Sometimes that's all that's needed to change belief to reality.

(Article in question: BlackBerry owners suffer apps envy)

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    confession:
    after seeing the level app my daughter was showing me on her ipod touch,i ordered the storm level pro. kinda cheesy but kool.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree with the belief system, even thou ads do not influence me at all.
    The only app I need is support for all MS Office 2007 products.
    The app that I want is flash support.
    Remember, the more pipes in the system, the greater the chance for leaks.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, if they can offer it why not flaunt it? It's obviously working because people who don't have the phone want it and those who wouldn't normally consider it are starting to pay attention. Sure, it might be hype but the company knows its target consumer and they are doing what they need to get them to want to handle it and possibly own it.

Me? I'm staying put where I am and remaining patient.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yup! They do have some nice Apps, but that's still not enough to get me to crossover, I mean what would I do if I had no Flashing LED to look for? And I notice that the Article Mentioned sending pictures to the guy across the waiting room - Iphone can do that now... Must be one of those Apps!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    We may have tons of 3rd party apps but when the Iphone gets one they get the ones that actually are important such as adobe flash as recently announced. But still debating, I'll wait till their 3rd installment which should have a few things straightened out
    Last edited by raton; 02-02-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I think part of this is that apples apps are all located within one "touch" of a button. If BB could put together something similar, within one "trackball click" from our home screen, then this wouldnt be a big deal.

I know I can find any app out there for BB it just may take some time to find it. Thus part of the problem and maybe part of our envy.....
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Everybody that uses Pinstack.com forums has something in common... We all have the drive and are willing to look things up and utilize the internet to get what we want. A lot of people who buy the iphone and blackberries but never look farther than the manual for applications they need. Apple got smart and are putting everything they might want to purchase right in one place. Its smart... And very annoying for sale people who have to hear "I don't want a blackberry, cause it can't get apps!" 100 times a day. All Apple did was just put it out there for the lemming-like masses, lol.
    ~via smartphone~

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jchapman01 View Post
    Everybody that uses Pinstack.com forums has something in common... We all have the drive and are willing to look things up and utilize the internet to get what we want. A lot of people who buy the iphone and blackberries but never look farther than the manual for applications they need. Apple got smart and are putting everything they might want to purchase right in one place. Its smart... And very annoying for sale people who have to hear "I don't want a blackberry, cause it can't get apps!" 100 times a day. All Apple did was just put it out there for the lemming-like masses, lol.
    ~via smartphone~
    Good point. I don't suppose that most Stackers can be considered "average" users. Lol. Thanks Hayden for ruining my chances of being just like everyone else. :-)
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    confession:
    after seeing the level app my daughter was showing me on her ipod touch,i ordered the storm level pro. kinda cheesy but kool.
    LoL A true bandwagonner
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    BB users should & would be envious of the amazing apps thats out for other platforms. But never care to notice because of our love for BB. Im no longer tied to 1 brand anymore, & ive benifited greatly from being more open. So make no mistake...you are missing out!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    ..Kudus to Apple though, for spreading the "belief" that other platforms should be envyous. Sometimes that's all that's needed to change belief to reality.
    For Apple to get others to believe the article in question was a layup, easy 2 points. We are talking about the company that fought back Microsoft's PC market control with the "I'm a Mac" commercials and got a generation of consumers wearing white ear buds and waving their iPods around like a particular set of silhouette-based commercials.

Love them or hate them, Apple(Jobs) is the pied pipers of consumer electronic industry.

walnuts1024 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jchapman01 View Post
    ~via smartphone~
    Wait... I'm not normal? My dreams have been crushed...