Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BlackBerry Bold users can download this unauthorized pre-release version of OS 5.0.0.90 for their smartphone ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blog Entries

BlackBerry OS 5.0 for the Bold and Curve 8900 Leaks Out

BlackBerry Bold users can download this unauthorized pre-release version of OS 5.0.0.90 for their smartphone from this link.

BlackBerry Curve 8900 can download this unauthorized pre-release version of OS 5.0.0.90 for their smartphone from this link.

Desktop Manager 5.0 is also available from: www.fantomberry.com

(News Via Brighthand.com)

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey Hayden, have you given 5.0 for the Bold a ride yet? If you have what is your opinion on it?
    From what I have read on this and other sites, users trying this beta are have all kinds of problems.

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    im downloading now but it will be a while before I get back to a PC and try it out. Has anyone installed this and verified that this is working yet?

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64
    i am so NOT trying this until someone else does, lol

jfcooley está en línea ahora Stack Professional
    Installed 5.0? Yeah, quite a few bold and 8900 users have. Before you install I'd check your devices discussion thread here on the stacks.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Blog Entries
    For the bold the 2 more known issues are:<br />
    1. Some apps are not working yet, examples are msn,fb and other I'm an social groups related.<br />
    Tip here is try olders and newers, for example I have wheater eye for os 4.1.<br />
    2. Some people say there are some problems to get the browser working, but, a tread has been startedd here in pinstack on how to get the browser working.<br />
    In my personal case I had no problems with the browser<br />
    Check the bold and 8900 5.0 beta tread to find a litle bit more infoand make your decision<br />
    My @ cents<br />
    <font size="1"><i>~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~</i></font>

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    Hey Hayden, have you given 5.0 for the Bold a ride yet? If you have what is your opinion on it?
    From what I have read on this and other sites, users trying this beta are have all kinds of problems.
    Thus the... "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK"

As you said on this and other sites we recommend using the official releases.

The above item, as with other frontpage news are redirects to some of the happenings in the smartphone world.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    I tried this OS and i clearly see its not ready, it has a lot of bugs, for instance Facebook didn't work for me, Viigo didn't even start, and my browser kept going haywire and to top all of that, the BB just kept resetting itself then the final draw, was when i got the dreaded error (523 application error), so of course i downgraded back to 4.6.206. and all is good, so far now i'll wait til they really fix all of these bugs...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Blog Entries
    that happen to me at the beggining,but, after a reinstall using DM 5.0 everthing is going better now.
    Based on this I can say works in different ways depending on carrier,and the way you install it.
    For better results I THINK is better do full device wipe using jlcmder or crackutil and after that install the OS

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Haven't seen anything to answer this question, but does anyone know if OS 5.0 will be coming out for us 83xx lovers?

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    I got all the way to the "Warning......you'll have to wirelessly re-register your device......" prompt before I bailed and came back on here to read the thread. Glad I did, I'm not as tech savvy as most on here. I think I'll wait until the official version comes out.

Until then, what does that prompt mean "wirelessly re-register my device"? Is that register it with Rogers again????

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Blog Entries
    I installed the 5.0 on my 8900 yesterday. So far I'm still using it. The only apps I ever use is the built in instant messengers. I always use the facebook mobile site so that's not a lost for me either. I had one rest since I've installed it so I may just keep it for awhile. We'll see how it goes.

Been using on my 8900 a week now, and no real issues.
    No resets, and I don't use facebook so no problem there.
    Heavy browsing, beta testing for bellshare, just the usual.
    Dunno why I've not had any problems, but so far I don't see dumping 5.0 unless something better comes along.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Blog Entries
    Jfcooley I have a question for you...when you type a message on ? messenger is the text your typing merged with the rest of the conversation or do you have that text box at the bottom like it's suppose yo be? Just curious because it's suppose to be there according to the screenshots. As far as the whole beta I haven't had any real issues either so I'll be sticking with it unless something comes up.

There's no line. I saw something about this earlier.

The "box" itself is there, just no visual divider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast