Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RIM has a good point. There is only so much bandwith. We are talking about ... Smartphone News forum

MissBlackberry9630 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30cad226

Advertisement

RIM has a good point. There is only so much bandwith. We are talking about airwaves here. There are only so much of them. Cell phone companies, television broadcast companies, satellie companies and the government all have a certain amount of the airwaves. There isn't very much airwave that are up for grabs anymore. There used to be, but there isn't now that so many companies use technology that use the airwaves.

We need an innovative way to do what we are doing now, and still progress, without clogging the airwaves. Just like we used to store information on a 5 1/2 inch floppy and now we can save more information on a 32gb micro sd card, we have to be able to transmit large amounts of information using smaller space. We need an engineering pinstacker to come up that for us.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Well said BG. Guys, look at paragraph 4 of BGR's rant. Anything stand out to you? ll Man I wish I could get away with that! lol
    You don't really want to be a potty mouth do you?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If any of you follow the boy genius on twitter, he's been ranting about this all morning, here's his official rant on BGR

http://bit.ly/95wWaK
    I enjoy reading the truth more than u will ever know. Thanks for the link.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    RIM's still living in an Amish Paradise
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I've ALREADY been looking at Adroid, although, been holding on to my S2 for now and hoping the "new browser" will be the salvation.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Sry guys I misread it, when read it initially I saw something else. That's what get for wakin up 4 hours earlier than I usuallyb do. ;-D

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I like this BGR comment

"John, in theory, that’s a great idea. But, here’s the issue: RIM can’t even do that. He’s preaching something which makes for an absolutely TERRIBLE wireless experience. Waiting for a 8kb email to load “more”? Having all your attachments literally take minutes to download/view? Come on.

It’s one thing if they did it, and no one noticed and said, “you know, RIM’s implementation basically conserves 40% more data than the other guy, and you don’t even notice!” Except the problem is, you do notice. And it’s terrible."
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Is this the same idiot that said a long while back that the consumer should get used to buggy operating systems?

This is the only company that's in this business that wants to lower the bar. Mike needs to give himself a hand.. Right across the mouth.

Idiot.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Now that i think about it^^ I think your right. Yes u r right.

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    this is still the best place EVER to learn..thanks for all the info Pinstack!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If any of you follow the boy genius on twitter, he's been ranting about this all morning, here's his official rant on BGR

http://bit.ly/95wWaK
    The BEST rant/report I've read in a long time!!!!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    He is right, we all need to rush out and get these.

Problem solved
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Funny but one of the best phones (pre smart phone days) I've ever had was one of these Nokia "bar" phones. It did everything it was supposed to do (get a signal and send and receive calls) and it did it perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    He is right, we all need to rush out and get these.

Problem solved
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-19-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Is this the same idiot that said a long while back that the consumer should get used to buggy operating systems?

This is the only company that's in this business that wants to lower the bar. Mike needs to give himself a hand.. Right across the mouth.

Idiot.
    Funny:-D
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Well, I absolutely loved the read on BoyGeniuses Blog. It just goes to prove that I'm not the only person to believe that RIM is sliding down a slippery slope and the more they scramble to get back to the top by lashing out and playing the "blame game," THe more i am starting to believe that RIM is fighting a losers battle. Ive done my fair share of teasing my fellow stacker peers who have jumped the RIM rowboat and stepped onto the Iphone, or ANDROID yacht. But, all teasing aside... I really hate when I or my friends get viciously verbally attacked for choosing to go elsewhere to fill thier smartphone needs. Because I will be honest, as much as I love my Blackberry, I'm a much more advanced Smartphone user than I was 2 years ago when I bought my first Blackberry, and really, as much as I have B****** about ATT and thier "network issues" I look over at my friend sporting an iphone, same location, same signal and guess what? The Data performance runs circles around my Bold. GRRRR. Let's face it. RIM got too comfortable, and now they are sweating bullets and scrambling for a way to catch up to a technology that well surpassed them while they were all sitting around in thier hot tubs gloating about how smart they were. That Android is beginning to look mighty tempting... and even an iphone (if it werent fully touch operational) would be next on my list. I pay 30$ a month for a phone with "full browser capability" that i dont even use because i cant load pages i want, and its way too slow... sigh.... truly sad. okay... lemme get on my armour for the slew of traitor comments which im sure will be shot in my direction shortly hereafter....
    Last edited by kayhites717; 03-13-2010 at 01:43 AM.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast