Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by zantopad You must also take into consideration the wealth of blackberry models ... Smartphone News forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    You must also take into consideration the wealth of blackberry models available versus the 1 Iphone model available. Nowhere does this study say precisely which models they are talking about, so we must assume all blackberries combined... I would rather see a particular phone (Curve for example) and its defect percentages ALONE against the iphone alone. This would be a more fair judgement, considering that between all blackberry models, RIM manufactures tenfold of what apple does...

I agree, there is really only ONE iPhone, with updated firmware/OS and Network coverage (slight change in appearance/design), but the phone is the same. As for BB, there is a variety of models for every type of person or professional, so it seems pretty unfair to compare 1 iPhone with BB in general. I am a graphic designer, and I DO think the iPhone is pretty cool, but I love my Pearl (8100), I also have an iPod Touch (for fun), and it is also very cool, although it's not an iPhone, it's virtually the same, except without the ability to make calls, text or email, but I just CANNOT imagine having a device like that 24/7, it just wouldn't cut it for me. This is my first BlackBerry, and I for one am completely happy with it. Either way, BlackBerry devices have a gret track record, they are very solid devices and extremely secure, you can't say much about security for the iPhone when you can JailBreak it...........?!?!

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aren't there a lot more "moving parts" in a RIM dedvice than an iPhone?
    So doesn't this make more sense? Moving parts fail more often than non-moving parts.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Wow!! I think there is a lot wrong with with this article. They should cpmpare them from the launch of the iphone til now. But there are so many more berry users than iphone users. Wow. It doesn't matter what that article says blackberry 4 life. Heh.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    It's just my opinion, but my impression is that this nonsense is nothing more than Apple propaganda.
    The staff probably all have iPhones and the editor given a paid trip of their choice.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by laxama View Post
    As much as I love my BB, I'll be jumping when t-mobile contract expires.
    Same here but for network issues, I will be going to AT&T for the Palm Centro. I will also be moving to a Mac (hopefully) and the support for Mac users with a BlackBerry seems lacking.

I'm sure there will be a day when I will come back to the BlackBerry but for right now, I'm wanting something different.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    You must also take into account how many of us tinker with our Blackberrys. Loading and reloading operating systems and always trying to do things beyond what the original use was meant to be.

This artical addresses the issue of dropped phones,faulty touch screens and other non operating system issues usually caused by the owner and not so much the fault of the developer.

I agree with cowboy. I have had to replace my device 3 times, over a three year period. Everytime i had to replace a device was my own stupidity, dropping it, or spilling something on it, (yeah i am hard on my phones) etc.... Never have i had to replace one because of a internal issue with a device....

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    I personally don't agree with this. First of all Its taken from Square trade. Not XBM or Applecare. Second they are taking every blackberry vs 1 I Phone. When I worked for AT&T, when the I Phone dropped I returned and exchanged more of those than any phone combined. And I left at&t a month after the 3G IPhone came out. Blackberries have a high rate of return but we used to get internal emails about the percentage of phones returned that could be fixed by the customer or store rep. The number for blackberries were staggering, i think 92% of all black berries returned could have been fixed. While the I Phone had manufacturing defects.

The number 1 reason BB's are returned is for really stupid things like the Browser icon missing etc etc. So basing returns on that is totally unfair because that's not a manufacturer defect.
    Agreed on the rush to exchange devices... last month I had a lose usb port and found them for like seven or so dollars, but I pay for extended coverage and went to sprint for service. The tech looked at the device for one minute and told me my new device would be in in two days, So I am like WTF? it only needs a freakin ten dollar part and it would take fifteen minutes to repair and I was told "WE DON'T REPAIR BLACK BERRIES" its under factory warantee and that's was the end of discussion because I too want a clean new looking device (hell i trade in my car when the ash tray is full too) so that's sprint's take on things .. they just exchange it to save time because it costs them nothing to exchange but it cost for labor for repairs. This is why they have a high rate because of laziness . so one can not judge the actual failures. only rim can say the real failure rate . my self , I have only had two non repairable devices out of twenty exchanges over five plus years. one burned out the radio and the other was crushed under a car.and i use them 24-7-365 as a primary phone and a modem, If I aint yaking on it I am running data through it
    Last edited by HeywoodJ; 11-10-2008 at 09:46 PM.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What model Otterbox are you using for your 8310?
    I've considered one and would appreciate your feedback.
    I have used an Otterbox for my Curve now for close to a year. I just took it off a couple days ago when my Best Skins Ever arrived. I won't be putting it back on.

I have the full coverage version and while I really enjoy the belt clip (best I've ever used) and the durability of the device, I simply feel that the case hampers the usability of the keyboard. While it is very comfortable to hold and I don't feel that any of the side buttons are hampered by the case, I really think that the edges of the keyboard are less accessible.

I'll be keeping mine around for when I'm going to be outside hiking or the like. But for everyday use, I'll be sticking it in my pocket with just the skin.

On the other hand, I always had a skin on my 8100 and loved it. The one for the Curve is all I expected and more. Best Skins Ever are truly spectacular.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Same here but for network issues, I will be going to AT&T for the Palm Centro. I will also be moving to a Mac (hopefully) and the support for Mac users with a BlackBerry seems lacking.

I'm sure there will be a day when I will come back to the BlackBerry but for right now, I'm wanting something different.
    I wish you the best of luck with the Palm. I used a friends for a day (we switched phones just for the fun of it) and frankly, it's a great device. But for sitting down and actually pounding out text messages or emails, they keyboard was simply not up to my standards.

Then again, I have somewhat large calloused fingers so that doesn't help.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm not even gonna try to defend RIM. Memory leaks out of the box, faulty OS updates, battery pulls?? This has been the most diva phone I've ever used in my life and I don't see my friends having any of that crap with their iphones. Don't even start with the "iphone's not as customizable", 'cause they're die hard apple enthusiasts and they find ways to abuse those things and they work excellently. Not to mention the apple OS is a lot more intricate. Seriously, what does BB have over the iphone? Great email? Apple will figure that out soon, then what? People are expecting the iphone to be as good as the berry when the berry's been out for years upon years longer. Then, the truly sad part is they're already surpassing RIM little by little. The storm is a prime example of panic for RIM.

I love my berry, but I'm tired of defending a product that's obviously inferior. I'm even lucky this thing didn't reboot while typing this long post.

To me, berrys are about as good as the xbox. Oddly enough, just as the xbox has the red ring of death, the berry has the red led and trackball of death.

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    I remember once the RIM people joking that right after a new model is released, they notice a spike in the faulty device returns from corporate customers...

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm glad that Pinstack is finally putting up some articles that's not completely praising the Blackberry or bashing the iPhone.

Though I didn't read through this thread, I'm willing to beat that it's going to be alot of angry Blackberry/stackers defending RIM and their blackberry, and I'm also betting that there's going to be alot of stubborn statements made here =)

That being said, both my BB and my iPhone is holding up well, no signs of failing.

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    I agree people tend to cherish there ipone more.. I have a itouch n I do cherish it more then my ë cause I know one drop without any case is bound to be trouble .. My first ë was the 8700g damn that took a lot of beating lol it was indeed strong!! But imma die hard ë owner ...

mwgaston no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2419978D

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I guess after reading through the post on this. I only have one question. If there are those of you that have such issues with BB then why still use or own it? There must be something keeping you around. As far as memory leaks battery drains and all of that. It to me is a non issue and my guess is its operator caused and not the device itself. Every issue I have come across has basically been caused by me and after a little research I have been able to fix it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast