Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As much as I love my BB, I'll be jumping to an iPhone when t-mobile ... Smartphone News forum

laxama no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

As much as I love my BB, I'll be jumping to an iPhone when t-mobile contract expires. I'm a graphic designer and work exclusively with Macs, and I'm tired of hanging onto my ancient Dell just for purposes of supporting my BB. To tnlf11, I don't think that it is fair to say that BB users "depend on our bb's more." My mobile is my primary and only phone, so it doesn't matter what device I'm using.

On a side note, I've been lurking here for a while, and I want to thank everyone for such a great community of users.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    Well I know several people that owned Iphones and when they had problems with them they switched to another brand! Not sure if thats included in the study but its something to think about!!
    And from what I'm reading most of us are the same in that once the shiny has worn off our beloved BB's we're finding ways to trade them in for new ones :P

~via my 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    What's up Stackers...

One of my fortunate responsibilities at my job is staying in the leading edge of the mobile market and testing certain devices. I always tell my carrier rep that unfortunately for other devices I began with a Blackberry. Just recently tested the new HTC Touch Diamond....within 24 hours I was back to my BB. I tried the iPhone as well....was it cool, absolutely!! IMO, the carrier coverage was awful...but I know that depends on your geographic location too, mine is the SouthEast. As much as I really enjoyed "playing" with the iPhone, I felt like...to get things done, I wanted my BB back. I guess what I'm saying is....if you "grew up" on BB it's really going to be difficult to satisfy your expectations with any other device. There's just a comfort level there that you know what to expect. Anyway.....just my 2 cents worth.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    You must also take into consideration the wealth of blackberry models available versus the 1 Iphone model available. Nowhere does this study say precisely which models they are talking about, so we must assume all blackberries combined... I would rather see a particular phone (Curve for example) and its defect percentages ALONE against the iphone alone. This would be a more fair judgement, considering that between all blackberry models, RIM manufactures tenfold of what apple does...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by laxama View Post
    As much as I love my BB, I'll be jumping to an iPhone when t-mobile contract expires. I'm a graphic designer and work exclusively with Macs, and I'm tired of hanging onto my ancient Dell just for purposes of supporting my BB. To tnlf11, I don't think that it is fair to say that BB users "depend on our bb's more." My mobile is my primary and only phone, so it doesn't matter what device I'm using.

On a side note, I've been lurking here for a while, and I want to thank everyone for such a great community of users.
    Well Said! One of the great advantages we have as consumers today, is a wide variety of choices. Based on your work, your Mac environment, it makes perfect sense to prefer an iPhone. The platform the iPhone is built on is maturing quite nicely, and while not perfect, nothing is, even a BlackBerry. They are different devices and that is to be celebrated.

Enjoy your iPhone and thanks for acknowledging the great job that Hayden has done in creating PinStack.

Cheers...

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I was going to say almost exactly what zantopad stated. Blackberry has been around for many years now and which devices did they look at to come to the conclusion the iPhone was better? Clearly, they stated they had to "project" two years worth of data to complete the study and provide the numbers. Why not just release the study when the iPhone has been in the market for two years?

As has been said, but I must reiterate , a large majority of users are corporate users, therefore, BIG money to most carriers. With warranties and protection plans and to keep the many corporate customers happy, devices will get exchanged with great ease. We will also do everything we can to upgrade, add software, add themes, some of which are not made for our devices and "brick 'em", instigating a call to technical support and swearing up and down that the device just quit working . A replacement is sent after ten minutes worth of troubleshooting and you have a new device.

As was said about corporate users are well, it's like anything we have that is not ours...we don't take care of the item near as well as we could but we don't put that much effort into it because "I didn't buy it." The iPhone hasn't reached that level of the market yet to be ingrained in the corporate market, despite if Congress starts using them or not...haha.

My g/f has an iPhone and she loves it. She is not a tech-savvy person and never had a smartphone prior to us going and looking around and the iPhone worked for her. She wanted an iPod, needed a new phone, have a little email access and it was a "cool" phone so the iPhone it was.

I think this report is highly skewed and presumptuous and should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 11-10-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

vandoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe, it's because Blackberry have twice the feature of the Iphone

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree Kalebs... Nothing wrong with the Iphone, but any time you are "projecting" two years worth of numbers, I think that you are just trying to get attention.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I would have to say that it does depend on why they needed to be fixed. I have had my account with AT&T now for 14 months and have had 5 blackberries with it. 4 8300's and then this 8310 that I have now. Three of the 8300's were refurb's so does that count in the number like a new phone? Who knows but since I've had this 8310 I've not had any problems. I do think RIM's quality has gone down and I think it is because they are working to hard on getting new BB's out. I like the 8310 but I was never unhappy with the 7520 or 7250 I had. Guess that is part of why I have the 8310 in an Otterbox case, it works like the cases for those older BB's.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Over the last 3 years I have had 15-18 BlackBerries, and I have only had 1 that I can say was faulty due to device issues. I cant speak about the I Phone because I've never owned one, but I'd be willing to bet if you got 15-18 I Phones used by one person, the failure rate would be a lot higher than 1.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    I do think RIM's quality has gone down and I think it is because they are working to hard on getting new BB's out.

I have the 8310 in an Otterbox case
    I agree that there is a very good probability that the issues with the Bold in particular, are due to not only their rush to bring it to market as soon as possible, but also the number of new models they were developing concurrently.

What model Otterbox are you using for your 8310?
    I've considered one and would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers...

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Time will tell... Blackberry's have been around for years and they stood the test of time and have had so many models. If the iPhone lasts as long, I am willing to bet they won't be as good, widely used, or have extensive communities (pinstack, blackberryforums, crackberry etc.) as the Blackberry

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If I was stupid enough to say I told you so, I'd probablyl be virtually stoned to death HAHAHAH
    But............
    All the Iphone bashing that was going on 3 months ago has eased off somewhat.
    BTW....... I never said the 3G Iphone was better than sliced bread, I just started useing it because I got it for free, and was totally blown away with how good it really is because I had the time to really play with it and learn what it's capabilities are.
    I realize that the majority of Blackberry owners on this forum have never given the 3G Iphone the chance it requires to learn how to type, etc.
    Saying that, remember; I said the majority. I know there are a lot of users here like Archer6 and others that have tried both, and I respect their views.
    Also, I have always said I couldn't wait for the Bold to try it. Although I admit I haven't ran out and done that yet, part of it is because of the somewhat negative comments from some here that I have already mentioned that I totally respect. I am sure I will still eventually try out the Bold, I am honestly in less of a hurry than I ever was in the past to try a new device because of my true enjoyment of the 3G Iphone (sorry).
    Last edited by ikasen; 11-10-2008 at 07:43 PM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    RIM still makes teh best devices on the market, and I know for a fact that part of the RIM returns are due to the many of us who tinker with them as mentioned earlier^^.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I personally dont agree with this. First of all Its taken from Squaretrade. Not XBM or Applecare. Second they are taking every blackberry vs 1 iPhone. When I worked for AT&T, when the iPhone dropped I returned and exchanged more of those than any phone combined. And I left at&t a month after the 3G iPhone came out. Blackberries have a high rate of return but we used to get internal emails about the percentage of phones returned that could be fixed by the customer or store rep. The number for blackberries were staggering, i think 92% of all blackberrys returned could have been fixed. While the iPhone had manufacturing defects.

The number 1 reason BB's are returned is for really stupid things like the Broswer icon missing etc etc. So basing returns on that is totally unfair because thats not a manufacturer defect.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast