MOSCOW — Mobile TeleSystems and VimpelCom, Russia’s biggest mobile-phone companies, got permission to import BlackBerry ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Gets The Go-Ahead in Russia

Advertisement

MOSCOW — Mobile TeleSystems and VimpelCom, Russia’s biggest mobile-phone companies, got permission to import BlackBerry e-mail devices after overcoming opposition from the main successor agency to the Soviet-era KGB.
    The Economy Ministry notified the companies on Thursday that their applications were approved, Mobile

TeleSystems spokeswoman Irina Osadchaya and VimpelCom spokeswoman Yekaterina Osadchaya said by phone in Moscow on Friday.

“We will be able to offer this service to customers at the start of the second quarter,” said Irina Osadchaya, who isn’t related to Yekaterina.

[Read More]

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: BlackBerry Gets The Go-Ahead in Russia

PazdravlyAyu, RIM!

What a tag team this is going to be in the coming years. Vimpel had an amazing 2007, growing some 325% while still obtaining another telecom company through majority share purchase. Russia is definitely a positive growth market and as the peoples' belief in their gov't/economy continue to strengthen, so will all tech business. Vimpel reminds me of the Verizon of old as they introduced the camera phone and IN plans (the VX6000 I think it was) and started a trend of media/txt heavy phones that propelled the cellphone industry into a new era. Vimpel had a major pull back in Jan due to the bear market despite it having limited/no exposure to our weak market (in terms of company earnings). There's a lot of potential for these two.

VIP's earnings report comes down March 12th. Usually I wouldn't recommend getting in before it drops, but with how they have maintained pretty steady through the worst of this bear market, I see plenty of upside potential. Take advantage of this bearish week to jump in. Same for goes for RIMM (earnings come out this month).

The ninja has spoken, WATAA!
    Last edited by blackninja; 03-04-2008 at 01:22 PM.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

wow, i am happy, not only ruassia is further more growing and expanding their mobile communication, but rim is also going nation wide, first they have started the contract with nigeria, now russia, RIM is rolling in. I am thinking into starting to buy into their stocks
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Российское Повышение Накопителей
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |