The Apple iPhone era… I think the introduction of the iPhone and technologies like iPhone ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry exec on women in tech, iPhones, corporate & consumer appeal.

Advertisement

The Apple iPhone era…
    I think the introduction of the iPhone and technologies like iPhone have had a positive effect on the industry. During the time that iPhone was launched we sold more BlackBerrys… because what happened? People suddenly start looking at technology and suddenly understand that it is for them too - I think we've moved well beyond this idea that high tech belongs in the boardroom, belongs to a certain class of individual only… because now that technology is now being adopted by people from all walks of life and it's not all about work.

The iPhone as BlackBerry killer?
    IT directors' major concern is around security. And it's not about whether you can get push email, it's about whether that information that you're carrying is safe. And that's certainly why we have the kind of security that we do. People recognise our security model. We have CESG approval for restricted data, we have common criteria which cover 22 countries and arguably we have the most number of security accreditations of any kind of technology like this in the world.
    And IT decision makers who are making that kind of purchase decision, that's something that's very important. You ask them what's important and it's not about whether it's bright and shiny or pink and blue. The first thing they care about is whether this time sensitive and business sensitive data is secure. And can I manage it? That's the most important thing for them. And that's why they gravitate to BlackBerry.

[Read More]

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    A good artical. I Started to post some thoughts on this futher and it became a Rant so I moved it to my Blog, Keep up the good work Hayden!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Thanks Hayden. I'm not an executive for ANYTHING, but it's nice to see people realizing that there are women out there who are busy and finding that BB's suit their needs.
    5 kids, soccer, plays, after school programs, girl scouts, swimming, UGH! without my precious BB I would be SOOOO lost!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm no executive either but with doctor's appointments, working out, college, a social life, and travelling for it all, my BlackBerry keeps me organized.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Very well done interview and positive article. Personally, the funniest statement in it was the last one she made.

What I find fascinating is that there is also one little key that everybody could use which is called the 'off' key and that people choose not to.
    That statement is soooooo true nowadays....

Zo

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Very well done interview and positive article. Personally, the funniest statement in it was the last one she made.

That statement is soooooo true nowadays....

Zo
    LOL I second that, I set mine to phone Only when I am with the family.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

cookieberry no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    I think we've moved well beyond this idea that high tech belongs in the boardroom, belongs to a certain class of individual only… because now that technology is now being adopted by people from all walks of life and it's not all about work.

I AGREE ON THIS. I WALKED INTO MY LOCAL FLEA MARKET AND AMONGST ALL OF THE JELWERY, FAKE COACH AND GUCCI BAGS, THERE WERE BOOTHS SETUP WITH SMALL-TIME CELL PHONE HUSTLERS, CLAIMING TO BE SMARTPHONE/IPHONE/BB SAVY, SELLING THESE OBVIOUSLY USED DEVICES, UNLOCKED, JAIL-BATED, AND PIMPED OUT. LOL I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES. I THOUGHT TO MYSELF, "I GUESS THE STREETS ARE TECHNOLOGY-SOUND"...