Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had it working perfect with Vista RC1. Then I moved it to ... Smartphone News forum

toejo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 details and download.

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had it working perfect with Vista RC1. Then I moved it to another USB port and now I'm back to the Vista problem with the device not being recognized. I noticed a 4.2 SP1 and was wonder what that was all about?

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by toejo
    I noticed a 4.2 SP1 and was wonder what that was all about?
    That is the Device Manager, not Desktop Manager. Device Manager is a small part of the Desktop Manager and you dont have any of the functionality. The only thing you really get is the drivers. Might help with your Vista problem, but you can't use it to sync anything.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...I like the look of it! It's like moving from Win2K to WinXP...

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

DM 4.2 worked like a charm when I switched from my 8700c to 8700g. I used the switch BB devices options. It restored all my settings tot eh way they were on the 8700c. Only thing it didn't back up were my OTA installs. Oh well, I got em all back now! I also wish there was a way to back up your BB messenger contact list. I had to re add them again.

alexpataffio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DAC7B6

Love the cleaner interface on 4.2.0.10. However, very disappointed that the new "Media Manager" feature is not available unless... :::ahem::: BB device software is v4.2 or later. SUCKS! Would love to work with the new feature, but I'll wait until 8700 has an upgrade to 4.2. Would buy the pearl, but I hate the keyboard. What a mistake!!

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...here, here alexpataffio!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Warning, Don't forget to turn off Virus Scan and Spyware Scans before installing.
    Speaking from a late night experience.

Rcbjr.

cool deal, Thanks Rc, finally decided to dl and install this morning

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Does anybody know how to customize the Desktop Manager 4.2. We want to build a packaged install, and have only the "Backup/Restore", "Switch Device Wizard" and maybe the "Synchronize" option displayed. Our plan is to hide or remove the "Media Manager" and "App Loader", so that our End users dont use it. Are there registry settings that would assist with this? Thank you.

jake42 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2047BB57

Just updated to the new Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 on my 7130G - without a data plan btw - with no problems at all (windows xp sp2). The media manager icon lurks enticingly and you click it and get a glance of the wonders of data transfer when a message pops up advising you need the handheld software 4.2 as well - its like only reaching second base, the exhiliration and the letdown
    surely this update must arrive soon - please .............

jake42 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2047BB57

1st error - uploading a new theme via desktop manager loads the theme into the Options-Advanced- Applications list but does not show in the Option-Themes list

lisatp no está en línea Stack level 1

i have xp sp.2, i have downloaded device manager 4.2 but i need the desktop manager to open but it isnt even anywhere to be downloaded. is device manager the same thing as desktop manager? what am i doing wrong here
    Peace Out

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You need desktop manager which can be found here BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

mweisheit no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lisatp
    i have xp sp.2, i have downloaded device manager 4.2 but i need the desktop manager to open but it isnt even anywhere to be downloaded. is device manager the same thing as desktop manager? what am i doing wrong here
    I followed the link suggested by Rcbjr above to download the desktop manager . I seem to have the same problem as lisatp. When I download the blackberry desktop software (v. 4.2 on download section of blackberry.com), it installs software but only the device manager opens up when I go to Start>Programs>Blackberry>Desktop manager. When I try to open the Desktop Manager via the exe icon in Start>Programs>Blackberry>Desktop manager, the computer does not find an associated program.

Addtionally, I also reinstalled the device software 3 times already. The last time I followed (blackberryforum.pinstack.com/5127-how perfomr clean uninstall desktop manager.html) instructions.

Any suggestions so that the Device Manager will also be downloaded?
    Last edited by mweisheit; 06-12-2007 at 04:40 AM.

ech01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lisatp
    I am having the same problem... is there a difference? I cant find the desktop manager and whenever i open my program, its the "Device Manager"

ech01 no está en línea Stack level 1

okay nevermind... you need to install BB Desktop Software v4.2 Service pack 1 and it will work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast