Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by blakeyates I traded my I phone 3g yesterday for a curve If ... Smartphone News forum

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blakeyates View Post
    I traded my I phone 3g yesterday for a curve
    If it was the 8900 then

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would love to have an iPhone but I simply refuse to pay the outrageous tarriff that Apple/AT&T extract. If Apple wants to continue to its outstanding success it needs to offer a bleeding edge 3rd generation handset thru multiple carriers, soon! You're only as good as your last pitch and that was awhile ago.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreg View Post
    I would love to have an iPhone but I simply refuse to pay the outrageous tarriff that Apple/AT&T extract. If Apple wants to continue to its outstanding success it needs to offer a bleeding edge 3rd generation handset thru multiple carriers, soon! You're only as good as your last pitch and that was awhile ago.
    wow that was really good and accurate
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

digitalb0y no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am amongst those expressing gladness for this fact. More users = more developers = a better experience for all of us. That said, the Curve is my least favorite of the Blackberry models I have owned. My Pearl is sleeker, seems to run faster, and is basically the same phone with a smaller screen. Full QWERTY is nice, as is the real 3.5mm audio jack, but for the most part they're the same phone, and the Pearl's form factor and quickness make it the clear winner between the two for me.

Now the Bold, on the other hand, is the best phone I've ever touched in terms of providing a robust smart phone experience. It's extra size is totally forgivable given that amazing display, the additional processing power/device memory, the GPS radio that actually works indoors (the GPS in the Curve seemed hopelessly less accurate than the one in my Bold), the wi-fi and 3G support combo, etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't take a free iPhone over my Bold, even at the $300 I paid with contract. With the Curve, I feel like BB's advantages aren't as high above those of the iPhone 3G and the decision would be a little tougher for me. I agree that it's too bad it's proprietary, but AT&T tramples T-Mo where I live so the Bold was really my best choice for a fully-featured quad-band smart phone with a decent app selection and user base. Now if someone develops a Dalvik runtime environment for BB so I can choose between Android and BB OS on a device this powerful and versatile, I'll never even glance over at the Apple camp. Articles like this would probably be the norm and you wouldn't see jaws drop when someone mentions that BB actually beat iPhone numbers. I have to admit it's ironic that a forum full of people who willingly chose BB over iPhone are all completely amazed that their phone actually won for a month!
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 02-26-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Karis no está en línea Stack level 2
    Good hanndset I can nvr lve the curve and settle 4 any othr device curve is and wull b my all time favourite device

Thnks

Bb rock on
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12