Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by planneau I wonder if T-mo will surprise us with 3g on 8900; ... Smartphone News forum

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I wonder if T-mo will surprise us with 3g on 8900; hummmm
    I would be nice if they do install 3g at the last min. Wright now only the G1 and Behold has the 3g running.

We can all match the ATT Bold 3g with Tmo 3g to see which one is the top dog, that would be nice.
    Hey, don' forget the Sony Ericsson TM506 (even though it's no Blackberry...it IS 3G!!!!)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    It's a wonderful thought but only a dream, as the 8900's are already built and ready to distribute. There will be no 3G until the second gen 89xx which is tentatively set to be released in Q3 on AT&T. After which it will go to T-Mobile.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Just a thought to share.

I got impatient waiting for the Bold so I bought one from Rogers, and being an early build it had significant hardware faults. As it turned out, it took five more before I got a good one, and that one is only 2 weeks old now, thus it was not from the early production. The bugs all worked out, this new one is excellent. Thus I was reminded of what I already knew, when you buy early production models you are taking a big risk.

Thus waiting ends up paying off nicely. Just a thought....
    I will make it, I have no choice but to. To comment on your thought. On what you said about the risk on buying early new products. Main reason why I will wait until the final release. I don't want to go through all that trouble.

I'm just tired of looking at my 8320 when the Bold, Storm and the 8900 are out. Just not for my network!

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.110
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.200
    [heavycomponents3@aim.com]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    It's a wonderful thought but only a dream, as the 8900's are already built and ready to distribute. There will be no 3G until the second gen 89xx which is tentatively set to be released in Q3 on AT&T. After which it will go to T-Mobile.
    Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.110
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.200
    [heavycomponents3@aim.com]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing.
    You're Welcome!

Further good news: I have it on good authority that the build quality of the new 8900 is the very best of all BB's to date. You will really be glad you waited...

davidland200 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone know of the sprint network getting any new devices, have an 8703e waitiong to upgrade to something better, but also hearing rumors that sprint is possibly folding?!?! Any news on either would be great

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    February is forever, especially considering water got spilled on my Curve last night and it appears to be dead. So, I'm stuck on an old Samsung flip for the moment.... less than 12 hours and I'm already missing my 8320!

Quote Originally Posted by davidland200 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone know of the sprint network getting any new devices, have an 8703e waitiong to upgrade to something better, but also hearing rumors that sprint is possibly folding?!?! Any news on either would be great
    Despite all the press, the arguments to the contrary, the denial, Sprint is indeed right on the ragged edge of either going out of business or being sold to some other entity. Either way my advice for what it's worth is get out now. Why go down with a sinking ship, or get caught up in a buyout / acquisition situation where you end up with higher rates, or worse coverage or any one of the number of negative outcomes. Sprint has been bleeding customers for a long time, they have been leaving in droves. No company can withstand that kind of loss. Why not switch to a good carrier that you know will be there in the future and will be improving, instead of simply trying to stay afloat. There is no stability, or innovation in a place like Sprint. Even the top executives that were pros, have left.

davidland200 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Despite all the press, the arguments to the contrary, the denial, Sprint is indeed right on the ragged edge of either going out of business or being sold to some other entity. Either way my advice for what it's worth is get out now. Why go down with a sinking ship, or get caught up in a buyout / acquisition situation where you end up with higher rates, or worse coverage or any one of the number of negative outcomes. Sprint has been bleeding customers for a long time, they have been leaving in droves. No company can withstand that kind of loss. Why not switch to a good carrier that you know will be there in the future and will be improving, instead of simply trying to stay afloat. There is no stability, or innovation in a place like Sprint. Even the top executives that were pros, have left.

Well darn! any suggestions? as i am locked into a contract for another 9 months?

Quote Originally Posted by davidland200 View Post
    Well darn! any suggestions? as i am locked into a contract for another 9 months?
    If your ETF (early termination fee) is pro-rated I would pay it & get out. Then if AT&T has good coverage in you're area that's the way to go. I've used both AT&T as well as T-Mobile for the last several years and I find AT&T the best.

~ via Bold! ~

Mr Dawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30EC9FA5
    I wouldn't recommend att to anyone. My girlfriend had billing problems it seemed every other mopnth. The final straw was a bill with $170 in overages on a phone she barely used. They said the would drop half the charges or drop the entire charge if she signed a new 2yr contract. She switched to VZW the next day. She also had an issue with phone service on att ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dawg View Post
    I wouldn't recommend att to anyone. My girlfriend had billing problems it seemed every other mopnth. The final straw was a bill with $170 in overages on a phone she barely used. They said the would drop half the charges or drop the entire charge if she signed a new 2yr contract. She switched to VZW the next day. She also had an issue with phone service on att ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Because I'm a phone entusiast, with lots of different phones I've used all the carriers. No one is perfect. I have had mistakes made on billing with both AT&T and Verizon. At the end of the day if they resolve it I'm happy. In a recent billng error by AT&T it was $135 that I did not accrue. I was calm & polite when I called, they courteously removed the mistake and credited my account an additional $100. I could not be happier.
    ~ via Bold! ~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Providers are all about personal preferance. Which covers best in your area, has the plans or phones that work for you, has service options that work for you. Where I live tmobile is the best option as att is unrelable. It might be different where you are. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's why I said in my first post " if AT&T has good coverage in you're area that's the way to go. "

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

habituallinstpr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I want this, my 2nd pearl needs to retire. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast