Boygenius posted pics of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 CDMA carriers icludes Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Telus, ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Curve 8330 to be launched on Six Carriers!?

Advertisement

Boygenius posted pics of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 CDMA carriers icludes Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Telus, Bell Mobility, and US Cellular.

[Read more]

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    So happy to see us CDMA users getting more choices...especially Alltel, since they are normally the last ones to get anything. Looking forward to the Curve with the camera and video options that other administrators in my office are looking to utilize.

Bring on the Curve...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~YES!! I've been waiting to hear something about Alltel. I was reading this morning on here about the Verizon version...blah blah blah lol. So I went to google looking for some info but couldn't find anything but a few rumors. Glad to know soon I can get my hands on one!

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    i want a blck curve for bell not the silver... black looks way better

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    i want a blck curve for bell not the silver... black looks way better
    that is what I was about to say

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    im ready

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b
    Yea I'm with yall on the black curve ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nickster248 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3022EE7A
    I too would rather have the black Unit, but the one disappointment is that this Curve does not have WiFi...much rather have WiFi than GPS.
    PIN: 3022EE7A

~~~Nick Andriash~~
    Courtenay, B.C. Canada

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b
    I never have used wifi on a bb so I don't know how good it is. But I know that I use the gps way tooo much to give it up~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flyerno9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304F193C
    Any release dates for Verizon's Curve yet?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    looks very nice.

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

What We *Really Need!*

What we really need--and RIM Software Development should have implemented this aeons ago--is a Curve-type unit with the following:

1. GPS Chipset, such as a SiRF Star III (or newer from that company), or an MTK chipset (a bit more sensitive than the SiRF Star III) that can't be overridden by any carrier in terms of end-user functionality. Normal BES control would stay the same.

2. Integrated 802.11 n/a/g/b functionality with a native-voip, skype and T-Mobile @home compatibility out of the box, with no flaws whatsoever.

3. A Ten Megapixel (10mp) camera with even-better and faster features, including true 30 frames-per-second video pickup, and even better compression with no video resolution loss.

4. A real-time 3D axis electronic compass that lets you hold the unit in any direction to see where you are going. (I know this feature is more akin to specific-function, outdoor-style gps receivers, but since I'm desiring a real-time all-in-one communication-and-navigation-in-one type of device, this fits the bill to round out the navigation features.

5. More memory than sixty-four megabytes (64mb). This is long overdue. A minimum of 10GB non-volatile RAM at minimum, plus an on-board, ide-emulative M-Systems (www.m-systems.com) type of solid state 'hard' drive of at least 100GB--to make the BlackBerry a truly video-capable device--should be implemented.

Honestly, anything over 64mb would be a vast improvement, but if any handheld maker wants to get ahead, it's going to have to get going with something such as I suggested, above.

6. FCC Intervention: To "further advance the state of the wireless art," I believe that the Federal Communications Commission, in agreement with International Telecommunications Union (ITU) countries, should adopt a standard for carrier-behavior, in that no cellular carrier may be allowed to limit the end-user's handheld experience. Meaning, that no carrier should be allowed to limit a handheld's features just because they consider the use of a particular feature a security risk or other factor; this should be left up to the end user.

If we all focus our attention to the proper people, we may just see some wanted features being implemented on our phones, and new, more open policies adopted by the carriers, themselves.

Warm regards from,
    S.A. Brown (Firefishe)
    ----------------------------------------
    The Year is 2009.
    The Name is S.A. Brown
    BrowNAV (Brown Navigation)

----------------------------------------