Alltel Wireless today announced that the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone from Research In Motion (RIM) ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Curve 8330 to Join Alltel Wireless' BlackBerry Portfolio

Advertisement

Alltel Wireless today announced that the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone from Research In Motion (RIM) will be available in Alltel retail stores May 1. Starting today, the BlackBerry Curve 8330 is available online for pre-order at shopalltel.com/curve.

The BlackBerry Curve 8330 is also an ideal smartphone for Alltel's Axcess Voice2TXT service. This service quickly and discreetly converts incoming voicemails to text messages in the subscriber's inbox and also allows customers to store, reply and forward converted voicemails as regular text messages.

Alltel Wireless will offer the BlackBerry Curve for $229.99 after a $100.00 mail in rebate. This discounted price is available to new customers who sign up for a two-year service agreement and to existing eligible customers on qualifying rate plans. Customers can select one of the Alltel Wireless Smart Choice packs that include national voice minutes, unlimited internet and email, and "My Circle." Smart Choice Packs begin at $69.99.

[Read More]

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Its about time!!! Tired of hearing about Sprint, Verizon, and Bell lol. Thanks for the info!!

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah.....Alltel is behind the curve on releasing new product, BUT pricing and service is generous so I stick around...thanks for the info

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guess I am getting a new phone next week!!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Thats actually a nice deal and a sweet phone. Has the new code on it too. I only wish it was Wifi instead of the GPS.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm very excited to see Alltel trying to keep up to speed with the other carriers. I do like that Alltel allows time for the other carriers to work out the "bugs" for them so they get the phones and have few issues.

It's worth the wait...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C
    The wait is over!!!! But I bought the damn Pearl a back in December!! I will see if they have any contests for us reps and try and win one!!!!

PIN/ID
    319B7413
    I just bought a Pearl too on the 6th thank god I'm still in my 30 days.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    If alltell would ever get in busineSs in Dallas they would make a killing ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    I just bought my 8830 a couple of months ago! is ther really much difference though besides the curve having a camera?
    My guess it is also on a newer OS. Man I wish they would upgrade the 8330 to 4.3.
    Is there a 4.5 out?

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortgage_Man View Post
    yeah.....Alltel is behind the curve on releasing new product, BUT pricing and service is generous so I stick around...thanks for the info

uhm, pray tell, how's alltel behind the curve on releasing new product, have sprint or verizon launched the curve yet? Did anyone beat them to the 8130 by more than a few days?

I'd also like to point out, that while other carriers are having trouble with their phones, alltel typically waits back and takes a version after initial fixes have been made.

however, in comparison here you go.

BB8330
    ALLTEL: 5/1/08
    SPRINT: (no hard date yet?)
    VERIZON: (no hard date yet?)

BB8130
    ALLTEL: 12/13/07
    SPRINT: 11/23/07
    VERIZON: 11/8/07
    (all within a few days of each other)

BB8830
    ALLTEL: 8/30/07
    SPRINT: 7/15/07
    VERIZON: 5/15/07 (?? can't confirm this as accurate, only sites I found this on were rumor sites "oh, this is supposed to be out on this date")

on the last 4 blackberries alltel has been fairly close behind their competetors who are LARGER CARRIERS. more customers means more money, more money means getting release dates earlier from having the funds to drop more readily. You're also assuming that Alltel's testing and approval system is the same as verizon and sprint's....(remember, you've got to compare same model to same model so the GSM carriers don't count)