Amid a daily flurry of leaked details behind Research In Motion Ltd.'s coming BlackBerry lineup ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Captures 10%, iPhone 1% of U.S. Market Share

Advertisement

Amid a daily flurry of leaked details behind Research In Motion Ltd.'s coming BlackBerry lineup from the blogosphere, the Canadian tech giant received a shot in the arm Monday after a U.K.-based research firm said its U.S. mobile device market share crossed the 10-per-cent threshold for the first time.

According to a report by Strategy Analytics, total mobile phone shipments were up 5.3 per cent to 41.9 million units, with RIM accounting for 10.3 per cent of all U.S. cellphone sales in the past quarter, more than doubling its market share from the year-earlier period.

"In the North American territory, [RIM] is a very well run organization," Strategy Analytics analyst Neil Mawston said. "They've got a strong brand, good retail presence and a nice looking product portfolio that helps to differentiate themselves from the rest of the market."

[Read More]

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks for the FYI...

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Good article. RIM to maintain supremacy! Thanks Hayden

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am not a fan of the iphone... but isn't it kind of bad for Rim if they have 10% and they have more than 5 or 6 handsets with more than 4-5 carriers and apple has only 1 model handset with 1 carrier???

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    In the battle of smartphones RIM will win, due to the excellent exchange support along with IT policies to lock down a corperate device.

I also have an iPhone and I must say for personal use it rocks but in the business world I don't think it holds a candle to RIM.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good info as always Hayden

am23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    I am not a fan of the iphone... but isn't it kind of bad for Rim if they have 10% and they have more than 5 or 6 handsets with more than 4-5 carriers and apple has only 1 model handset with 1 carrier???
    I don't think it's "bad" but you would think that more models = more sales so I'm not surprised with RIM's number... either way it's good for competition and we'll see how the next RIM phones do sales-wise.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    The iPhone has probably stolen more marketshare from "regular" cell phones than it has from RIM.

most of the iphone customers I know are not smartphone buyers. they bought the iphone because they thought it was a "cool" phone and/or because they are apple whores, but other than that they have no need or use for a "smart" phone. This is why they are so in love with their iphones, they came from a regular phone. That's why they look at me funny when i complain about the "smartphone" features on it compared to a BB...they have no idea how un-smart these features are when compared to a BB since they never owned a good "smart" phone before and wouldn't ever own one if Apple never came out with the iphone. And the hype is really just that...HYPE. Does it live up to it's hype as a cool phone? compared to regular cell phones, yes, but not enough that justifies people standing in lines for hours for. Does it live up to it's hype as a "smart" phone? After having a BB, hells no!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    iphone is just helping the market share for RIM
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ching, Ching! .......is all that i could think of when i hear these numbers.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ cha ching, again this tells you who's on top!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    and so our take over of the world is almost complete.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8