Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64

Originally Posted by DaX05 The "Flip" and the "G1" just aren't savvy enough for a ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #46
    hunterp101's Avatar
    hunterp101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    241F126D
    Posts
    22

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by DaX05 View Post
    The "Flip" and the "G1" just aren't savvy enough for a 21st century consumer that's technology hungry.
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are correct on the Flip (which is targeting younger users who aren't tech heads) but you are wrong on the G1. That phone is probably going to end up more advanced than either the iphone or the storm because of it being an open OS. Development will happen much quicker and from what I understand there are already huge improvements waiting to be tested and pushed out. If they could get it on better hardware they could fight right up there with the Storm and iPhone.

  2. #47
    mdh00's Avatar
    mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterp101 View Post
    You are correct on the Flip (which is targeting younger users who aren't tech heads) but you are wrong on the G1. That phone is probably going to end up more advanced than either the iphone or the storm because of it being an open OS. Development will happen much quicker and from what I understand there are already huge improvements waiting to be tested and pushed out. If they could get it on better hardware they could fight right up there with the Storm and iPhone.
    You totally contradicted yourself. Once the G1 is on new hardware it will be the G2. The G2 does not exist yet... and by the time it does there will be a new iPhones/Blackberrys on the market for it to contend with. Only time will tell who comes on top.

  3. #48
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    AT&T, always getting the latest phones first, is one the major reasons I signed on with them. I was with Sprint so it wasn't a matter of which carrier I went with as long as I could ditch Sprint=:cry:

  4. #49
    nickjoedotcom's Avatar
    nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Posts
    475
    I have to say I don't think it has anything to do with GSM vs. CDMA. Or at&t vs. Verizon for that matter. Look at what is happening, the iPhone was released exclusively to at&t in this country but else where other carries enjoy the same right. Now the Storm is coming and a similar strategy is being used. I don't know who said it but someone said RIM isn't 100% confident in the Storm that's why Verizon is getting it because they are smaller. What are you smokin'?! Verizon is huge and possibly bigger than at&t in the near future with the AllTel acquisition. Also Verizon isn't the exclusive dealer of this phone in the world. Their partner in crime Vodafone will carry this device exclusively as well. And they are one of the biggest cellular providers in the world.

    Anyhoo.

    RIM knows they have a good product. And they know that too many exclusives on one network will cannibalize their sales. Exclusives create demand. The same is true with releasing product in stages. Which is why you don't see all of the phones released at the same time. People can't decide so you remove the choice by offering one phone at time. Once the novelty of one wears down the anticipation of the next builds up. RIM is able to capitalize on this twice in America because they have two different types of networks to use. I don't think its because they like CDMA less then GSM its just easier to create a phone for the more widespread network first. Then they come back and have a more specialized refined version down the road.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  5. #50
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by blknberry View Post
    I have family members on both at&t and verizon, sprint and I am on tmobile. Stop the wars on carrier vs carrier, they all have their issues and none of them are the best. We are so far behind the rest of the world it's not even funny, yet still people want to say who the best carrier here in the US. We r getting shafted, by paying all these fees amd phones not working very well on US carriers. We need to make a stand and have the US step up their game so that we can compete with the rest in the business. Stop the arguing, bitching and complaining and do something about it?
    Kudos for an excellent post!
    I'm with you 100% !
    You said it well, this post is filled with facts that many people refuse to acknowledge. It is what it is people, I can speak from personal experience with five of the largest carriers. They all have their pros and cons, they are all pricey, and at the end of the day we are stuck with it... for now.

    Cheers


  6. #51
    ReggieSmith's Avatar
    ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    104
    First, at&t kept sending the Bold back because there were loads of issues with the device code and hardware that caused poor performance on the network.
    At&t may make us wait a little longer than tmobile, (who just throws a device out there as soon as they get it without any real testing), but we are usually better off for it.

    2nd- makes sense to offer devices to the carrier with the best network, most subscribers (consumer and business), doesn't it?

    3rd- at&t didn't beg RIM to make a 3G BB. RIM knew they had to do it when Apple introduced MobileMe to support business email and planned to release
    a 3G iPhone.

    And Blackberry doesn't have to "beat" the iPhone. They need to keep doing what they do best. I personally think launching the Storm on a different carrier was a mistake
    but we'll see how that pans out. For now, I will use my Bold and love it! I just wish you theme maniacs would design a few more themes for it!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  7. #52
    maz94protege's Avatar
    maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Posts
    620
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I still think it comes down to personal preference on carrier and type of devices everyone likes.

  8. #53
    privax's Avatar
    privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    187
    It only makes sense for RIM to give AT&T first pick at BlackBerry devices. They're the largest selling BlackBerry carrier.

  9. #54
    ribonuklea's Avatar
    ribonuklea no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Quit your crying lol
    haha but i think att should get all the newest devices because i am on the att network

  10. #55
    ribonuklea's Avatar
    ribonuklea no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_stud View Post
    If Tmo Dont Get The Javelin Im Selling My Bb And Going Back To An Iphone
    going off the way you talk it seems that you don't use the blackberry for business so why would you care so much

  11. #56
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I still think it comes down to personal preference on carrier and type of devices everyone likes.
    Precisely!
    I could not agree more, as after all in my opinion this is what RIM does best. They give us a choice of sizes, styles, and configurations (ie: camera, no camera etc). This is something that no other single manufacturer does. Want an iPhone 3G, you get just one choice (two colors). Want a Blackjack, one choice, Moto-Q, one choice. So the advantage of RIM is not only do they build great BlackBerrys but they give us choices. And we STILL are NOT Happy.....


  12. #57
    jeremyryerson's Avatar
    jeremyryerson no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    oh no
    Posts
    117
    im from texas and idk where these guys are from but no one has any other compant plus cingular is like the biggest in the world
    -J_P_R-

  13. #58
    angelzrage's Avatar
    angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    84
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tmobile needs to get more coverage first.an when I lookd into att,I was told they don't offer insurance for pda smartphones over 300 dollars. Anyone confirm this?

  14. #59
    jkai2188's Avatar
    jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    752
    They didn't used to but they do now. 4.99 a month and a 125 deductable gets you a new bold or curve. Whatever you broke, lol.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  15. #60
    blknberry's Avatar
    blknberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    24ADD864
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Kudos for an excellent post!
    I'm with you 100% !
    You said it well, this post is filled with facts that many people refuse to acknowledge. It is what it is people, I can speak from personal experience with five of the largest carriers. They all have their pros and cons, they are all pricey, and at the end of the day we are stuck with it... for now.

    Cheers

    As you can see posters are still trying to defend the positions of these carriers, if you look at the phones that are manufactured (out of the box to do what they are suppose to do) but it is the carriers that put the limitations on the phone so a phones full potential isn't being used. China for example does not do this and that is why they are so far ahead of everyone else, the US carriers have to much say so and we get stuck in the end result. Once again I say stop the carrier wars and we as consumers need to make them step to the plate and allow for us consumers and carriers to have a win win situation as they do in China

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •