Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ok so now tmobile is not getting the new curve? What happened with that? Everyone ... Smartphone News forum

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF

Advertisement

Ok so now tmobile is not getting the new curve? What happened with that? Everyone seemed so sure tmobile would get it first. Not that I am complaining from what I see tmobile never gets a blackberry first. Poor tmobile. Maybe if they get their network working (signal sucks!)...who knows.

indukwe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2401f594
    I'm seriously going to leave tmobile as soon as my contract is up... What's the newest blackberry we have? The flip pearl or somethin else, come on tmo~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I def. agree with the title!!!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Being a tmo customer for the last 8 years with no plans to change, and having my pearl for over a year now, I would like to see a BB model that is exclusive to tmo such as the bold or the storm, it would be nice for a change. As for AT&T, it will never matter the model of phone they get, I personallyt feel they are a rip off.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think Blackberry would beat iPhone off the strength of the Storm itself. That is a real iPhone killer right there.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by zyiro View Post
    I work as an advisor for the department of defense and i dont know a single government employee that has AT&T. Most of my work is with the U.S. Marshals in various offices around the country and every one of them had Verizon.
    Well I know first handed my brother is a Major in Army. He's based in utah and DC. He has been issued an 8700c. Its at&t not verizon or t mobile...

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well T-Mobile is a "Baby" compared to AT&T or Verizon. They have come a long way in the past decade.They're pretty reliable. Customer service is consumer friendly.
    All and all, they're just missing that "Exclusive Title" in which the Curve 8900 would fit as the perfect device for a carrier that desperately needs one.
    The "Flip" and the "G1" just aren't savvy enough for a 21st century consumer that's technology hungry.T-Mobile, Please pay RIM whatever they want for the exclusive right of the Curve "Javelin" 8900. Its a win-win situation 'cause personally this device will sell more than the Bold. Remember, not everyone has access to 3G signal.Let's write a petition!!! Lol.
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    Being a tmo customer for the last 8 years with no plans to change, and having my pearl for over a year now, I would like to see a BB model that is exclusive to tmo such as the bold or the storm, it would be nice for a change. As for AT&T, it will never matter the model of phone they get, I personallyt feel they are a rip off.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nicely put, and awesome thread. In the end, I think BB will reign supreme. The iphone is just a fad. A mere trend. It is RIM that puts out the awesome, world class smartphones that deserve the attention. I hope people can realize that BlackBerry smartphones are actually worth their price tag. I've had TMO and my Pearl for over a year, and I see absolutely zero reason to change carriers or ditch RIM.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    I agree quit whining... At&t is the BEST... Great reception and the best phone... hands down....
    And NO Dropped Calls.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    I spoke to a TMO rep this week and he said TMO will release the 8900. However, he wasn't too sure whether it would be end of this year, start of next year. To be honest. I'm pondering a switch to AT&T because i'm not understanding where Tmo is headed. Is releasing the 8220 first a sign????
    I spoke with a couple of AT&T Reps yesterday morning after reading about the 8900 coming to AT&T and they was clueless, from the management on down. AT&T maybe a bit pricey, but you pay for quality, and they are the only carrier with Rollover Mins, ya can't beat that.

My LilOne is always on the phone, but it doesn't bother me because of Rollovers, I like the fact that when you don't use it, you don't loose it.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by drbyers View Post
    AT&T should never be allowed to have another exclusive Blackberry deal again after screwing up the Bold fiasco.

First they beg RIM to build a 3G phone for them, and then they constantly send it back for testing because their shiteous network doesn't work.
    Clownz...

Two Thumbs up! ::high five::

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    As others have stated, AT&T sell the most BlackBerry's for RIM so it's only natural. However, T-Mobile USA and Germany are getting this device. Now CDMA carriers are set to get the Niagara, which is taking the place of the 8830 and it's also the CDMA variant of the Bold. Also, they will be getting the Jupiter which is the CDMA variant of the Javelin. Yes GSM carriers get the devices first usually, but that's because GSM is the most widely accepted standard. Regardless, CDMA users have plenty to look forward to in 2009.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Bold is not the comparable phone to the iphone in my opinion. It is for the professional such as the 8800. The storm is as close as you can get to singling out the iPhone and it is not with ATT. The Javelin is like the curve obviously, and targets the mainstream semi-professionals. Everyone can argue that they should stop doing deals with ATT, but who is hands down the largest GSM provider in US? ATT obviously. There is always going to be exclusivity when it comes to new devices and there is NO other network which makes a better choice for them from a monetary stand point. I agree Tmobile is a great cell phone company, but until they offer phone numbers in every area, its not gonna happen. I can't even port my SC number over, otherwise I would. The Bold issue is not even that big. It's a huge issue around people that blog and love blackberries but to 80% of the people that are going to be buying it and using it, they probably won't even know that it was delayed. ATT has a huge business clientel and it would make absolutley no sense to pick any other GSM carrier. Thats my stance on all the ATT stuff...
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    I think it has nothing to do with the Iphone competition and everything to do with the world markets in other countries. Look at the companies you mention. Sprint and Verizon both of which are CDMA not GSM they don't have the network in place that the rest of the WORLD has. GSM is available in more than 200 countries world wide with over 86% of the worlds mobile population being GSM, Rim will make their phones for that market not for a Carrier market. It just so happens that in North America we lock our phones to our network if you go to Europe they don't and it doesn't matter if you buy the 8900 from any carrier there you can use it on yours because it's unlocked an GSM.

I know of only a small handful of countries that use CDMA 2 in North America. Canada and US. and the other is North Korea. At the same time North Korea is the only of the three that works only on CDMA. I can totally understand why AT&T gets all the BB's first as they are the biggest GSM provider in the United States and with the rest of the world being a larger market. It's also the largest part of the business Iphone has nothing on the world market, compaired to RIM they are too young and way behind with the technology. Touch screens are fun but also impractical for many people. That's why Rim's Storm when to a CDMA version first they are not 100% confident in the product and they want to test it with the smaller companies first before releasing a GSM and hurt the much bigger relationship (directly from a RIM representative here in Waterloo region, hom of RIM HQ)

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's a double edge sword I think.

I one why you can say well it is better because the network on the Blackberry will not be fighting the iphone for space.

The good thing about letting ATT have first dibs is that all the customers that is unhappy with their Iphone can switch to the devices in stead of going to a new carrier.

But I think RIM will better off just giving first dibs to other carriers and think of ATT last.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast