Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

via cnet news I was checking out the Gizmodo review of the new Blackberry Curve ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

How Blackberry can beat iPhone: stop giving the cool phones to AT&T first

Advertisement

via cnet news

I was checking out the Gizmodo review of the new Blackberry Curve 8900 (formerly Javelin) and wondering why RIM insists on putting all of its new devices into the clutches of AT&T, the exclusive iPhone provider first.

Blackberry recently announced an App store, the new Bold, which is the BB version of the iPhone and will soon release this Curve 8900. The products (and soon services) have never been better, and yet it would seem logical to use one of the carriers that doesn't have the iPhone as the point of entry.

Wouldn't it make more sense to launch non-3G devices on Verizon or Sprint where there is no iPhone competition? I suppose the argument is that in order to compete with the iPhone they have to be in direct relation in AT&T stores, but I'm not sure that strategy makes sense.

Anyway, Giz likes the new Curve, but the Bold still seems like a better device.

[read more]

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    well at&t is the largest seller of blackberry's so why not give them all the latest headsets from a business perspective?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    considering im an att customer, i don't mind and yeah, i kind of agree that if they expect to compete with iphones and G1s, etc. then it should be 'direct' competition

drbyers no está en línea Stack level 1
    AT&T should never be allowed to have another exclusive Blackberry deal again after screwing up the Bold fiasco.

First they beg RIM to build a 3G phone for them, and then they constantly send it back for testing because their shiteous network doesn't work.
    Clownz...

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hope they release something for T-Mo at least before the year is out!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by drbyers View Post
    AT&T should never be allowed to have another exclusive Blackberry deal again after screwing up the Bold fiasco.

First they beg RIM to build a 3G phone for them, and then they constantly send it back for testing because their shiteous network doesn't work.
    Clownz...
    Maybe the phone should work on the network, rather than the network working with the phone... are there more phones, or networks????

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Which provider has the biggest business market?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by drbyers View Post

Clownz...
    Quit your crying lol

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I may be wrong but I think ATT&T... If you think about it... I think the US Gov has a contract with att&t... That's gotta be pretty big...

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Quit your crying lol
    I agree quit whining... At&t is the BEST... Great reception and the best phone... hands down....

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    I may be wrong but I think ATT&T... If you think about it... I think the US Gov has a contract with att&t... That's gotta be pretty big...

I work as an advisor for the department of defense and i dont know a single government employee that has AT&T. Most of my work is with the U.S. Marshals in various offices around the country and every one of them had Verizon.

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hey, say no to AT&T's tyranny! Bring the Curve "Javelin" 8900 to T-Mobile first.AT&T's Bold vs. T-Mobile's Curve 8900... See which one sells more lol.
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I agree tmobile deserves to get the 8900! they have great services and products for a very reasonable price!!

at the end of the day we'll see blackberry's eventually on all networks vs iphone only on one carrier although i think Rogers up in canada nad at&t kiss apple's *** like no other i think RIM should stiffin up and get more control of their products too

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I spoke to a TMO rep this week and he said TMO will release the 8900. However, he wasn't too sure whether it would be end of this year, start of next year. To be honest. I'm pondering a switch to AT&T because i'm not understanding where Tmo is headed. Is releasing the 8220 first a sign????

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast