Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by darryl71 Remember....its an ATT issue. Around the world the phone is working ... Smartphone News forum

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Remember....its an ATT issue. Around the world the phone is working just fine. Its not the device.
    I understand it's the network. I appreciate them wanting it to work and not bomb out like the iPhone, but I think we have all been patient enough already. Lol. I can upgrade now, but im definitely waiting for the Bold.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Beg to differ on the fact it's an AT&T issue alone....venture beyond the realm of Pinstack and you will see the many issues outlined on every BB blog from here to China..browser issues galore..reset issues galore..just general bugs that should have been addressed long ago...for a device "three years in the making" RIM sure pulled a MS here by launching a device that wasn't fully baked now they are scrambling to fix it via OS updates...I think this is pretty obvious... .126 was launched..less then a week later .134..now here we are still less then 2 weeks later and we are seeing .147...that is a development process..does anyone not remember when it was MONTHS before a BB OS update..now they leak weekly?

Anywhooo...on to the the .147 observations...browser has been slightly improved for speed and such, java script issues still remain but not AS bad...memory management seems better...ton of apps installed and still remain at approx 32MB..never below 29MB...battery life when using 3G seems slightly improved...the 2 hrs testing I have done shows an improvement of adding another 2 hrs to the battery life..and for some reason (maybe just me) bluetooth seems improved almost..louder I'd say anyways.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Beg to differ on the fact it's an AT&T issue alone....venture beyond the realm of Pinstack and you will see the many issues outlined on every BB blog from here to China..browser issues galore..reset issues galore..just general bugs that should have been addressed long ago...for a device "three years in the making" RIM sure pulled a MS here by launching a device that wasn't fully baked now they are scrambling to fix it via OS updates...I think this is pretty obvious... .126 was launched..less then a week later .134..now here we are still less then 2 weeks later and we are seeing .147...that is a development process..does anyone not remember when it was MONTHS before a BB OS update..now they leak weekly?

Anywhooo...on to the the .147 observations...browser has been slightly improved for speed and such, java script issues still remain but not AS bad...memory management seems better...ton of apps installed and still remain at approx 32MB..never below 29MB...battery life when using 3G seems slightly improved...the 2 hrs testing I have done shows an improvement of adding another 2 hrs to the battery life..and for some reason (maybe just me) bluetooth seems improved almost..louder I'd say anyways.
    Well then there is a lot of finger pointing then. People are quick to blame ATT for various reasons.

tx_traveler no está en línea Stack level 1
    Everyone wants to say that there are problems with AT&T's network. Don't they use the same network equipment as other GSM wireless companies? Do they systematically configure their equipment incorrectly? Are they using some special equipment that makes their network worse?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    What's all the fuss...? if it released and was a Hot Mess, people would be bitching about that too.

One would think that folks would be happy that it isn't being released as a case full of crap.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    What's all the fuss...? if it released and was a Hot Mess, people would be bitching about that too.

One would think that folks would be happy that it isn't being released as a case full of crap.
    -
    I agree with you, well said! The reason for more frequent OS updates now as opposed to a year ago or longer, is our devices are now far more complicated. Besides when it can be fixed via sofware updates it proves the device itself is well engineered. Also RIM will never release a bug ridden device with a nearly useless phone as Apple just did with the 2nd Gen iPhone. They even have a class action lawsuit in place against Apple for fleecing the customers by delivering an inherently unstable, poorly engineered device.

RIM will release a proper Bold in due time. Remember folks its only a phone. You still have food & water.....

sent via BlackBerry
    A rock solid 8310. Fast, stable, & fun!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I am glad that they are addressing the issues now versus later when I get mine from AT&T. I would be pissed that they released it and I am having allot of issues.
    It would motivate me even more to try out the iPhone, but in again I am a Blackberry @ddict for LIFE................
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

tfung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076720F
    Where can you download the new version? The blackberry site seems to just have .126 available to download...

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    GLAD i left att bold or no bold,there 3g needs alot of back door work but in time it should be good,until then verzion or sprint has a great 3g network in the usa network.
    Mike

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I think that it may be that the updates are to try and make sure that the att network will connect. I am not convinced its the device as i have only seen my bold go to edge once !! [in my old house's basement which is 2ft thick of river rock and concrete].

I dont know if the network is not as stable as the rogers 3g, but they are doing something to the updates to make sure that the 3g is working as well as possible with their bold.

I am only speculating of course a crackberry addict ; )

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As Archer indicated, we should be grateful they're not pulling an Apple and dumping junk with bad chips running on a half-baked system. Contrary to what Blaz1ze had to say, those reports I've seen, including his own personal one, indicate a fairly well performing device.
    We are dealing with the preeminent manufacturer here, who is handling the release in a very competent manner

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    We have a very different culture amongst the press here in the USA. Perhaps more so than any other country, our "news" is often "created" as opposed to being based on true facts. In addition, our press is more sensationalized. This style of "reporting" leads to articles that are often more biased in directions designed to capture the readers interest to sell a certain agenda, as opposed to factual, matter of fact reporting.

Why is it that nearly everything Apple does is accepted as cutting edge & cool even when it's not?

Why is it that certain companies like AT&T are the "bad guys" when in fact they are putting together a leading edge 3G network that is bound to have issues until its fully sorted out & perfected.
    Instead of the press & the public saying "Wow" look at what AT&T is working on. That will be great once its done. Instead the "people" say, what a crappy network AT&T has. Then they say they would never use AT&T. Not how can that be a positive outlook? And don't get me wrong, I use both T-Mobile & AT&T. I'm not sticking up for AT&T, however I AM pointing out how fickle the press & their believers are.
    Interesting....very interesting indeed.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12