Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks to a French website that Rimarkable dug up, we now know that the BlackBerry ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Bold Makes Its Way Onto AT&T Web Site

Advertisement

Thanks to a French website that Rimarkable dug up, we now know that the BlackBerry BOLD 9000 is one step closer to the thumbs of millions of Blackberry users!

From AT&T's Bold web page: "The BlackBerry Bold 9000 is expected to be available later this year, exclusively from AT&T in the United States."

[Read More]

PIN/ID
    LESS
    i think this was actually up for a while, but if you got a chance to see it before. It looks like it has been updated. I would definitely say the rumors about it dropping this week or next is inevitable.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yea I think the link was given at WES but was broken back in May at the time.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    There ya go...Thanks for the reminder... It was killing me trying to figure out when it was LOL..Could have been deadly.. I can almost taste it

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    One step closer to being in my hands.....

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i am jealous but all good things come to those who wait thunder baby
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889
    Lol, I just saw this too. It didn't say when the page was posted. Hopefully later this year doesn't mean a long wait!

I'm ready to hit the store when this is available

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    It won't make me move from T-Mobile to AT&T. I just won't do it.

bb junkie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am glad ATT gets the good stuff first before Tmobile does! Cant wait to get ATT Blackberry Bold in my hands as soon as its released!

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does anyone remember how many days prior to the release day the Curve was officially announced? It seems only a few days if I recall.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    I was told by "some Guy" at an AT&T store that he was at RIM this week and he was one of only 40 people invited to talk with RIM's CEO and he said that the Bold was not comming out til 1 August because of the iPhone. "Take a BIG grain of salt with this one!"
    But he also said that the reports of the screen quality of the Bold have done it no justice. It's like having HD on your phone! He stated that the CEO said that the ones they had for demo were not the final product and that there will be some features on the 9000 that have not been revealed yet! But the phone is ready to go, right now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scbMobile
    Supply, Train & Deploy!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I really cannot wait........Hooray AT&T

rzchatch no está en línea Stack level 1
    I must have my bold now. This phone is soooooooo sick. Can't wait. Please let me know asap on its release date

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm debating on purchasing....I have been known to purchase out right then unlocking it. It's not the expense that gets me. It's the 3g. I know I can use the wi-fi uma/edge with T-Mobile but when T-Mobile goes 3g (keep the laughter down) I am hearing that 3g won't be compatible between networks is this true? Solid tech support is needed. Speculation and guessing won't work. THE BIG QUESTION: will 3g phones work with either network? Can I take my 3g bold and use it on T-Mobiles 3g network? Here's my thought. If T-Mobile is getting the bold (laughter please!) I don't think that there will be a difference. There is no difference with edge! I can't see either network locking 3g. It's not appealing to customers. You would want the option to have change. As a customer....if you have crappy service and switch carriers....you have a phone like bb. The odds are you don't want to spend more money on another bb.
    • customer:yes I would like to switch service from ATT to T-Mobile (it happens!)
    • rep: which phone are you interested in?
    • customer: I have my bb that isn't that old, I wanted to keep that one
    • rep: we can't do that. The phones aren't compatible. You would have to get a T-Mobile phone
    • customer: how much is it going to cost?
    • rep: well since you are a new customer it would be the least expensive price...since you have the 8310 we have a similar phone that is the 8320 and that would bed $199
    • customer: I just spent $200 on this one and know I have to spend $200 again. Plus your telling me I have to pay $20 more to use the wi-fi (it's an awesome feature by the way)
    • rep: yes! Our 3g isn't compatible with ATT. Also have you heard about our home service for $10 a month
    • customer: I might as well stay with ATT! This sucks

This isn't the conversation neither company wants. It's not smart business. It means you can't grow. As a customer it means "eat it, you don't have a choice"

Am I right?

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    ^ I've always had an understanding that 3g would be universal.. didn't think it would be a problem.. I'm in the same predicament as you right now.

I don't mind spending the money on the device, but I would like to use it with T-mobile for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast