Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As we indicated before here , here and here , the Bold is ready but ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Bold Being Delayed For 3G Reception Issues

Advertisement

As we indicated before here, here and here, the Bold is ready but the major US carrier networks are not. Even more confirmed by the latest rumor of a September launch for the Bold. Ouch!

From ZDNet: The Mobile Gadgeteers:
    It looks like the BlackBerry Bold may be experiencing those same 3G reception issues (as the 3G iPhone). The Bold is available only in a couple countries at the moment and isn’t yet available here in the U.S.
    Also see: http://www.informationweek.com/blog/..._blackber.html

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Saw this one coming.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Why does this not surprise me?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    It my be here by 2009. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    If the Bold were a 2G device, we would have it already. Can't wait for the 2G Javelin, should be the most BANG for the buck on some carrier networks.

However, the Bold (8800 replacement) is more for business users, with their international travels it will be a great upgrade.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I believe a BB addict through and through, although vocal on the stacks about the delay of the bold, are much more understanding and appreciative that RIM will not release a device until they know it works, unlike the APPLE crowd.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    I believe a BB addict through and through, although vocal on the stacks about the delay of the bold, are much more understanding and appreciative that RIM will not release a device until they know it works, unlike the APPLE crowd.
    there is something to say about berry user patience is a virtue good things come to those who wait

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just played with a bold phone .

My opinion is that the 3g indeed 'felt' slow (contacts took a long time to sync etc.) . but the only thing i did was activate in on our BES . So that is not really an extensive test .

I loved the phone . the keyboard felt really good . Nice screen . nice leatherish/stylish back cover . memoery card is easily accessible from the side .

1 VERY , if not the most important issue i find is : the trackball doesn't scroll as good as a 83xx or 88xx model .
    Let me explain that :

- when you scroll at a very slow speed , the cursor will not move . even when the ball is going from upper left to upper right fex. On an old phone it will still scroll .
    - it seems that you gently have to press the ball before it starts scrolling
    - the surroundings around the trackball do not scroll well , your finger does not slide over it like it did with the previous models .
    - the ball is too much inside the phone , should be more on top
    - when scrolling a lot down , your finger always bumps against the keys and the shiny decorative bar which causes irritations .
    - you have to press the ball harder than before to 'enter'

All in all a very bad move according to me . Since a trackball is one of the most important things when it comes to a phone experience .

I played with the speed settings of the trackball , and it did not help at all .

delfia no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207D6BDE
    I'm not surprise!

Brettweiser no está en línea Stack level 1
    To bad that ATT can't get their super-hyped up 3G working when Verizon has had 3G running like a champ for a long time. Just my 2 cents, makes me fell better that the thunder/storm will be on the network that has their 3g figured out.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    If the Bold were a 2G device, we would have it already. Can't wait for the 2G Javelin, should be the most BANG for the buck on some carrier networks.

However, the Bold (8800 replacement) is more for business users, with their international travels it will be a great upgrade.
    Looking forward to the javelin also. I may not upgrade until then. It's just a shame it's not slated until next year.

bunky1971 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22F29DE1

3G issues

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    As we indicated before here, here and here, the Bold is ready but the major US carrier networks are not. Even more confirmed by the latest rumor of a September launch for the Bold. Ouch!

From ZDNet: The Mobile Gadgeteers:Also see: http://www.informationweek.com/blog/..._blackber.html
    Don't hate me for this, however, ATT has an ESTABLISHED 3G network. I live in the Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Pennsylvania area - not a METRO area, 3G was a SLAMMER on my HTC 8525 - Talking and Tethering was great, talking and browsing at the same time was awesome. Lets not fault ATT and network. Lets fault the manufacturers Infineon and Intel on the radio chips . The 8525 had (2) chipsets/antenne for 2/3 G switching. That could be the big iPhone/BOLD issue. From everything I have read, both these devices only offer 1 chipset not duals.
    Ohhh BTW........just what exactly is a Bunky?

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I hope they will fix the issue soon.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    there is something to say about berry user patience is a virtue good things come to those who wait
    I feel embarrased to even look like I'm one of the "apple crowd", because I'm not. I'm a "wireless device user" who has a Blackberry and an Iphone2. There is nothing to be said about "berry user patience", most Blackberry users are just plain frustrated!
    They're frustated with RIM, they're frustrated with AT&T, and they're frustated with the chip makers. They want their Bold, and they want it now, just like we all came here looking for 4.5 everyday for months on end, and so many people were willing to experiment with installing an OS that wasn't ready and would possibly brick their device.
    My point is; stop hateing Apple and "blindly" loving RIM, as I assure you, they both make great devices. Apple did not know they would have these problems, or they wouldn't have released the Iphone "prematurely, and RIM is just lucky it happened to Apple first. I'm sure they are both trying to learn from their mistakes, and be first to do it.

Sorry.....Posted from my 3gIphone (that works great!). :-)
    Last edited by ikasen; 08-21-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Aren't the same issues in two respects. IPhones were sold with junk Infineon chips, and Apple didn't work out the kinks prior to release like RIM is doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast