Desperate to get away from your mobile phone and BlackBerry - but don't have the ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry blackspots - Don't Panic, read first.

Advertisement

Desperate to get away from your mobile phone and BlackBerry - but don't have the willpower to switch them off? Here's what you need: Oliver Burkeman's guide to the world's communication dead zones

It's still not clear exactly what went wrong one recent afternoon, behind the tinted glass that shrouds the headquarters of Research In Motion, a technology firm based in the Canadian city of Waterloo. But we know what resulted, for hundreds of thousands of underslept, overburdened workers across North America: 10 strange and precious hours of peace. Research In Motion invented the BlackBerry - the wireless device that picks up your emails - and operates the system on which the devices run; on April 17, a system upgrade ran into problems, and the entire network in the US and Canada suddenly blacked out. "I put it down, and that was an enormous relief," one lawyer in Toronto sighed. The reason the "crackberry" is so viciously addictive is the terrifying thought of being out of the loop. But now the loop itself had vanished. "When you know that everyone is out, that's what's liberating," the lawyer said. "When you think it's just yours, then you get a little nervous."

Continued...

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: BlackBerry blackspots - Don't Panic, read first.

Funny reading. scotland huh, sounds like a goal to me!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Re: BlackBerry blackspots - Don't Panic, read first.

Nice. Sounds like some of my users.

I was heartbroken when they released the devices that work in Japan. Sad day crossing that one off the list.

You can add Costa Rica to it though, at least for Blackberries.

Might consider the Galapagos Islands, but there is some coverage there.

If you have the funds, Brunei is also a dead zone...
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.