Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by Sirthinks Turn off my device..... Perish the thought. A funny thing happened ... Smartphone News forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Turn off my device..... Perish the thought.

A funny thing happened at Starbucks today. I was sitting reading the paper. First one BB screeched an email and then the second screeched for a BBM.

As I was leaving a fellow stopped me, showed me his two BB's and said I was the only other person he ever saw in there using two devices at once. I had to chuckle.

I opened my coat to allow him to see the Curve, Bold, and 7100i on my belt. I then went to my inside pocket and pulled out the Pearl and 8900.

His jaw near hit the floor. I looked at him and said, "It's an addiction.... Merry Christmas." The last thing I heard as I headed for the door was his wife say, "Don't even think about it....."

Addiction? Absolutely.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the author of this article. Unfortunately, in this 24/7/365 world it isn't always possible to not be connected. My clients couldn't care less if I need rest. When they email me they want an answer within seconds of hitting their send key. That's the nature of 24/7/365 industries.

This why I have separate devices for business and pleasure. At least I can ignore the pleasure ones once in a while.
    Sirthinks, you are packing! I normally don't quote long posts, but yours was extraordinarily good! Thanks for sharing

dnottingham4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    It's only money. Some people drink. Some people gamble. I delve into my gadgets.

The Curve and Pearl are 45 a month each (Basic voice and Data). The Bold is 180 a month (loaded to the teeth) the 7100i is 70 per month (minimal voice/data and unlimited PTT in North America). The 8900 is 60 per month. So it comes to 400 per month but 250 of that is a corporate write-off. The rest is justifiably HOBBY expense.

Uses:

Curve and Pearl: Theme testing
    Bold: Corporate email, unlimited Canadian LD for business travel etc. Theme Testing
    8900: Personal Line - Theme testing if Plazmic ever releases CDK 4.7
    7100i: Used to be used to contact my drivers when I had my trucks on the Mike (Telus) PTT system. Now the trucks are on Curves, so when the 7100i contract comes up in three months, it is history.
    Man - my wife thinks ONE is bad enough couldn't imagine 5!

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Sirthinks- You are simply amazing. lol I mean wow, that dude must have been like "I wish I was him" LOL

This is my first BB and I'm addicted already, I mean the device does everything for me, normally I would have to run home to attend matters but now I do it all on my cell phone and now with the 8900 amongst us it will only be more fuel to my addiction lol

I am happy to say that I defy those 3 reasons lol

atazmann no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23edca33
    wow i love my berry (an 8120) i don't have a data plan on it but hook through my wifi at home while at work i listen to music on it and watch videos at breaks that i load off my desktop i wouldn't switch back to a boring phone.
    I'm an orange and the world is trying to peel me

adamsinger77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i freak out when i have to turn my bb off at a movie theater. anyone else have this problem?

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsinger77 View Post
    i freak out when i have to turn my bb off at a movie theater. anyone else have this problem?
    I haven't taken my BB to the movies yet, but I promise her I will. lol Though, I think I might freak out if it's not on lol

Hey just put it on VIBRATE! forget turning it off.

koala07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just like the rest of us on here, I am totally addicted to my BlackBerry. I do agree with some points of this article. So for 2009, I will try to be on my Curve less...well more so when I'm hanging out with family and friends. Spending quality time with them is more important than checking my messages. Yes, I know I'm a dork ha!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by atazmann View Post
    wow i love my berry (an 8120) i don't have a data plan on it but hook through my wifi at home while at work i listen to music on it and watch videos at breaks that i load off my desktop i wouldn't switch back to a boring phone.

I have an 8120 also and I use everything except the alarm clock, video camera and camera for still pics.

koala07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ...in response to my previous post...

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my BlackBerry Curve!!! =)

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post
    I haven't taken my BB to the movies yet, but I promise her I will. lol Though, I think I might freak out if it's not on lol

Hey just put it on VIBRATE! forget turning it off.
    Or put it on silent so that you don't have to think about it when you get notifications.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    Or put it on silent so that you don't have to think about it when you get notifications.
    Good point! lol I would worry if I felt it vibrate lol

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsinger77 View Post
    I just stopped going to the movies and started watching them on my curve.

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would never get work on my phone. If I did it would be shut off until I was on the clock. My phone goes on phone call only profile about 20 minutes before bed. I check it right before closing my eyes, but I can't remember the last time I got a bad email or text.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Wow, 5 berries. that's nice..

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I just stopped going to the movies and started watching them on my curve.

Excellent choice cowboy! I have done the same on my 8900. Makes it so much easier to get up and get snacks and not miss the plot line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast