New application called Beyond160 that lets you send text messages beyond 160 characters on Verizon, ... Smartphone News forum

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Beyond160 Adds Extended/Multipart SMS Support to CDMA BlackBerrys

Advertisement

New application called Beyond160 that lets you send text messages beyond 160 characters on Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Telus, and Bell and other CDMA carriers. With Beyond160, you can type as much as you want, and when you send, it will automatically split the message into multiple parts (each 160 characters) and send them in sequence. And best of all, Beyond160 messages get routed through the normal SMS Outbox with Delivery Confirmation just like the built-in app.

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...52&n=Beyond160

i just installed this and am happy as hell cause i was getting sick of starting a new sms if i was going to end up going over 140 and its all fixed now

Last edited by brianjr1988; 05-05-2009 at 10:28 PM.

demonio no está en línea Stack level 1

140 characters?

I have an 8330 on Bell and it only allows for a maximum of 140 characters. I tried sending a long message split in 3 pages but each msg was missing the last chunk. Maybe the developer could make a 140 version?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    demonio yea i see that but if u get down to 20 chars left just do dots and then once u hit the starting of the 160 again try and see if that works did for me a lil but still was a prob and i went to email support and u cant...

the email is done for so no way of getting a hold of him

PIN/ID
    just ask
    kinda funny tho program was just updated and redone and yet his email is gone stupid i tell ya

GeekyDad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry about that email address bouncing. It's working now if you need to use. As for the 140 character limit on Bell and Telus, I have already posted an update for this. Just go to Beyond160 --> Menu --> About/Update and click "Check for Updates" and it will update itself. Once updated, go to the Beyond160 Options and change "SMS Message Type" to 140 and voilŕ!

I added that just for you Bell and Telus users! Enjoy!

PIN/ID
    just ask

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    It broke my message into 4 parts. But, only sent 3 parts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea looks like still a few bugs but at least it works some what good with the 140 char now

PIN/ID
    319b4998
    Can we get spell check?

GeekyDad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Already there. Your normal BlackBerry spell checker is already integrated into Beyond160. You should see it on the menu, at least, for OS 4.5 and later. I can't remember if the spell checker was available in earlier versions of RIM's OS.

PIN/ID
    319b4998
    Can we get spell check?

hust no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    New application called Beyond160 that lets you send text messages beyond 160 characters on Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Telus, and Bell and other CDMA carriers. With Beyond160, you can type as much as you want, and when you send, it will automatically split the message into multiple parts (each 160 characters) and send them in sequence. And best of all, Beyond160 messages get routed through the normal SMS Outbox with Delivery Confirmation just like the built-in app.

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...52&n=Beyond160
    Ya,but did u know that the person receiving the text van get in wrong order or not getting full msg. Be carefull on how big it is

i just installed this and am happy as hell cause i was getting sick of starting a new sms if i was going to end up going over 140 and its all fixed now