SAN DIEGO -- Oct 13, 2008 Trapster went live on the iPhone App Store, marking ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Out of Beta: Trapster Launches Speed Trap Alert System on BlackBerry

Advertisement

SAN DIEGO -- Oct 13, 2008 Trapster went live on the iPhone App Store, marking another significant extension of a powerful and useful mobile application that already runs on a wide variety of mobile phones, plus navigation devices such as Dash and Garmin. In just four days, this new version is running on more than 22,000 iPhones.

There is also a new version of Trapster for BlackBerry and J2ME devices that can be downloaded at http://www.trapster.com. Trapster is provided at no cost.
    Trapster is the first and only real-time speed trap sharing system, the modern day equivalent of flashing headlights at other drivers. Trap reports are updated instantly so users can share where police traps actually are, not just where they might be. It takes advantage of user input and the power of the community to provide not only the trap information, but also to arbitrate the veracity of that information. Trapster is now over 100,000 users, with more than 50,000 traps, speed camera, and red-light camera alerts in the system.

“This is what a location-based application is supposed to look like,” said Trapster President Pete Tenereillo. “Our users have been providing feedback about how we can make Trapster easier to use right from the phone, and for the first time built-in, real-time GPS capabilities in the iPhone and BlackBerry make Trapster functionality one touch away.”

Both the iPhone and BlackBerry/J2ME applications use Trapster’s new Virtual Radar™ technology, which automatically follows the user's position on a map, and provides an animated visual representation of traps as the user approaches them along with corresponding audio alerts.

Before, user contributions were one way (people entering new traps). But success depends on consistent, accurate data. Now you can rate others’ traps on the spot or as soon as you get out of the car. Traps that are down-rated are removed from the system.

Trapster also has a new private messaging system to allow users to communicate about the traps they report, and Trusted Groups feature that allows car clubs or other organizations to create private speed trap sharing communities.

Users can watch a flash demo of Trapster here: http://www.trapster.com/presentation.php

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Post Not a bad idea...

If you're a speeder, or you have what they say is 'a lead foot' problem.

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    well thats doesnt work for me i tryed it adn it tells me i have a bad user and password so i gave up on it

bostoneric no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo88 View Post
    well thats doesnt work for me i tryed it adn it tells me i have a bad user and password so i gave up on it
    yeah i was able to login but it never downloaded the maps correctly.
    just sat @ the "red" screen.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    so i stead of speeding we'll get pulled over for trying to drive and holding our phones, in some areas its illegal to hold your phone while driving (because of texting).
    phatman the phat stacker!

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    A simple adjustable phone/gps holder will solve that. I downloaded and tested this version with no problems w/ my Sprint 8330 on 4.5. I am glad that this program is getting wider use from other phones... The more users the better a program like this works
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo88 View Post
    did you confirm your account with the email they sent you?

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I confirmed with the email that was sent out and downloaded the program after verifying and I am getting the same error as well. Only thing I can think of is maybe because I use to use the yahoo go trapster widget? Anyone have any insight?

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    InfinityPlayer, I don't know about everybody else but it has nothing to do with being a speeder or having a lead foot with me. I drive a company vehicle every day and we are encouraged to keep a good driving record. I currently have hundreds of thousands of safe driving miles that I don't want to be ruined by some Barney (not the dinosaur) character hiding with a radar gun in a one horse town so he can make the town budget. It's good to be aware of red light cameras so you can be prepared for the idiot ahead of you when he slams on his brakes as soon as the light turns yellow so he won't get his picture taken.
    Also since nobody else has said this but I'm sure a lot have been thinking this, it makes an exellent deterrent if you identify you own street as a place where "police often hide", people that run the program on thier phones will slow down when they drive down your street...

The red screen issue was fixed in version 2.01 by the way.

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    It seems that this would be far less useful in more remote areas where there is a lesser chance of a BB owner with this app being there before you.

(I live in a town of 15,000 and have only ever seen one other BB in town)

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    yah i confrim the email i downloaded and it just give me that bs bad user /password

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    It seems that this would be far less useful in more remote areas where there is a lesser chance of a BB owner with this app being there before you.

(I live in a town of 15,000 and have only ever seen one other BB in town)
    Then you have a better chance of knowing the cop. lol And people who drive by and threw the town will still mark it, if they see a cop.

Is this working for the Bold yet?

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    I can't get this APP to work It always gives me an error that my username and or password is incorrect....
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

trapster no está en línea Stack level 2
    The bad username / password is because BB does that thing were it "helps" you put a cap at the beginning of each sentence, and usernames are case sensitive.

We just made it so it doesn't matter though. You should be able to log in with:

SuSiEmUsTaNg

if your username is susiemustang