Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh by the way the volume sounds great on here... Smartphone News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Beta testers Wanted: FlipSide MP3 Player for BlackBerry

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh by the way the volume sounds great on here

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I didn't exactly read all the posts to see if this was in here already. But background integration seems to be missing. I mean to the effect of if I'm in any application and I want to go directly to the media player I can't do that. With the regular player there is an extra option that comes up that says "now playing..." Whenever I have a song going in the background paused or playing that let's me jump right to it if I want to continue listening or if I just want to stop it for now.

Also I was wondering if it would be possible for the program to allow you to edit track information? Like spelling or artist or which album its from. I've noticed doing this on the computer helps iTunes find the artwork when it otherwise couldn't. It would be kind of a hassle to have to be continuously going back to the computer and trying different things to see what will help the program recognize what song you have. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

haemish no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    Yes, so I've realised, but would support for other formats be added, as the blackberry do support other media formats? Also I can't adjust the speaker volume when playing in the background.
    We will be adding other media formats in time.
    We should be able to adjust the speaker volume in the background, I have added it to the critical list.

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    I've was using this program while I was getting ready this morning I noticed that I have an artist called 7 angels 7 plagues. I have 5 blocks with there name on it and the whole album and the ringtones are split up between all of them. And is there a way to keep all the ringtones off so its just the music. Also I noticed when I finally hit the end of my list. In the "x's" I can't continously scroll back to the beginning I have to back track. So that takes a while to do. Especially if you have a 2gb card or higher full of music
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We will be excluding the ringtones directory from our music scan soon.
    We will also be looking at ways of improving navigation for users with large cards. I have a 4Gb card with almost a 100 albums on it

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Whenever I have a song going in the background paused or playing that let's me jump right to it if I want to continue listening or if I just want to stop it for now.
    That is a great suggestion and is certainly something we would like to add. I have one of the side convenience keys bound to FlipSide, it is not quite as integrated but it is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Also I was wondering if it would be possible for the program to allow you to edit track information? Like spelling or artist or which album its from.
    It would be sweet to have a tag editor in the program but that is probably a way off. In the meantime I recommend mp3tag at http://mp3tag.de/en/ for all your tag crunching needs.

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by innerwear View Post
    Great app and completely what I needed for my Pearl. My only concren is for the albums that Flipside couldn't find art, is there a way to import that in manually?
    Yes!

In the unfortunate event that we cannot find album art for your music on the internet try the following:
    1. embedding album art in the mp3s
    2. putting an image file called artist_album.jpg in the same directory as your mp3s (the artist and album name have to match what is in the tags
    3. if you music is organized into folder by artist and album just put an image file called folder.jpg into the album folder

Hope that helps you get your album art on!

Haemish

justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9

Haemish,

Great job so far.

I noticed that FlipSide "pauses" the current song when I get an incoming sms or email, I am assuming to allow the alert tone to play.
    However it doesn't continue play on its own, and when I go to FlipSide (I also have a side key bound to FlipSide) to continue the song, it always starts the song from the beginning.

You can see how this is a problem, if your in a sms conversation with someone and 30 minutes later you are still listening to tbr begining of the same song.

Again good job so far,
    Justin

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok so I figured out the playlist last night-am definitely liking this player over my factory one

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Came home last night and showed it to my gf. Even she, who is not an enthusiast about this stuff at all, thought it was awesome. Very good work guys!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~still am not getting the option to retrieve album art to work

Quote Originally Posted by justin.hylton View Post
    You can see how this is a problem, if your in a sms conversation with someone and 30 minutes later you are still listening to tbr begining of the same song.
    There are definetly some wrinkles surrounding the notification stuff that need investigating.

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~still am not getting the option to retrieve album art to work
    Sometimes the albun art is just not available but perhaps we need to be more explicit in the cases where we do not find anything. If you have album on your pc you can copy it to your storage card, search this thread for other posts on the subject.

Haemish

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Free Mp3 player - Flipside

Does anyone know why some songs are recognized and show up under the album screen and others just show up in the playlist? This is frustrating me!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

It would also be a nice feature to show the current time that the player is into the song at the green progress bar and the total length of the song at the end of that bar on the bottom of the screen.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

OK...I downloaded the MP3 thing to change the tags so it all lines up----how do I "refresh" the album list on my phone?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast